Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-04-2012, 6:10 PM Reply   
I though I would share a slider build I designed and built or friends of mine and hopefully inspire some of you guys.

Designed it Wednesday after work. It took about 8 hours total to get it on paper.

I had about 26 hours of build time into it. So far I have only hit it 8 or so times but it was a lot of fun.

First pic... Main slider frame with the left side barrel supports in place.

Second pic .... Frame built, putting on 3/8" plywood

Third pic... On ramp started (note it is designed to be bolted to the bulk of the slider)

Fourth pic... All sheeted

Fifth pic... Almost all painted and puckboard in place.

Sixth pic... Heading to the water. Note the 3 parts plus barrels.

Seventh pic... Yes it is that heavy

Eighth pic.... Happy new owner

Ninth pic... Full view

Tenth pic.... In the water

Specs:
38 feet long
Roughly 640 linear feet of 2x4
10 sheets of 3/8 plywood
Weighs around 1100 pounds
Floats VERY well on only 4- 55 gallon plastic drums

It has been so much fun building this for friends and now we are using it for a kids camp this week for both winching and sea doo. If you have any questions on the build let me know.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-04-2012, 6:13 PM Reply   
Main section is 24 feet
Ride on ramp is 10 feet
Ollie on ramp on the other end is 4 feet with 2 foot Ollie
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-05-2012, 11:53 AM Reply   
Super sick! If u dont mind me asking, about how much total fid u spend on supplies? Ive been wanting to build something like this.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-05-2012, 1:58 PM Reply   
Thanks for the complement. This build cost roughly 700 bucks. Around 450 in wood and 250 in puck, paint, screws and other supplies.

It is built like a tank and should last for years to come
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-05-2012, 10:38 PM Reply   
Some sick pics from tonight. Both these guys are 16 and under having a good time

Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-06-2012, 4:59 AM Reply   
Wow. I would have guessed midnight sale at your local construction site. Nice job, nice shop.
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-06-2012, 5:32 AM Reply   
I've legit been wanting to do something like this all summer ! Keep up the good work, and keep the rail wet. Great Job
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-08-2012, 6:35 PM Reply   

Unreal day winching this thing. Lots of kids hitting the rail for their first time too. Super stoked to be on the lake hitting this beast.