Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-12-2010, 5:42 AM Reply   
I got offered the chance to go play softball in Curacao in the Caribbean for a week in June. My coach got an email the other day about the USAAI looking for 2 more players to fill their 14 spot roster and I'm pretty sure this is one of those things that I just can't pass up. Of course it's not free and I have to raise the money to go. It's a little over $2,700 but I am sure that when I get back from this trip it will be well worth it.

They provided me with a fundraising letter to send out to friends, family and businesses but I've never done these before; not exactly sure how it works. I'm playing softball in NC right now and most of the people I know are back in WA. Do I print out and mail the letters or email them or both?? What would be the most effective way and who are the most important people to send it to as far as businesses? I don't have a lot of time since the trip is June 6th-13th and the money is due before then.

Thanks for the help!

Jamie
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-12-2010, 7:30 AM Reply   
Sweet! Congratulations Jamie!

Quote:
I'm pretty sure this is one of those things that I just can't pass up
Agreed, do what you can, you might be surprised at how many people would be willing to help make something like this happen for you.

Good luck!
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-14-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
Well I officially accepted the offer so I'm going on the trip for sure now. Now I have to get fundraising quick!!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-14-2010, 10:42 AM Reply   
Congrats. Perhaps WW peeps can throw some bucks in a can to help you out.