Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-12-2007, 1:21 PM Reply   
It is almost time for the Mizzou Shredtacular! And I figured I’d post the most recent information we have on WW. It will be held at Kansas City Watersports, on April 27th, 28th, and 29th. It will be an open collegiate tournament and freeriding weekend. The focus of the weekend is to ride, and have fun, and if you’ve never ridden cable it is very similar to riding behind the boat and it is a blast. There will be free riding Friday afternoon (3-7pm), and Saturday, morning (11-about 5 ish), and then the tournament starts Sat. afternoon around 5. And more freeriding on Sun (12-6pm). The competition will involve teams of 3 riders, and any school can submit as many teams as they want to. The cost for free riding will be $50. And the cost to enter the tournament will be $30 per 3 person team. There will be a Best Western 5 min from the park that we will be staying at. For info, or reservations visit: http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do#null request the local business discount from KCW and you can book a 2 bed room for $81 a night (including tax, and free breakfast). Don’t forget the Mizzou Shredtacular is open to all collegiate riders, so tell your friends. And we are getting sponsors to hook us up with some prizes for the tournament, and other random things. Check out KCwatersports.com to see the park, and soon, information about the tournament will be posted.

We hope to see you all there.
-MU Ski & Wake Club

(Teams please be registered for the tournament by April 20th)
Registration for freeriding is not needed but RSVP is appreciated

For registration please contact jjrp59@mizzou.edu

For questions please contact the above Email address above (me) or KCW at
http://kcwatersports.com/ or (913) 783-4300

For a room at the best western contact the following
http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do#null

P.S. the cable lake was a stifling 65 degrees on April first, who knows how much warmer it will be by the 27th?
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-12-2007, 1:40 PM Reply   
So this is for college teams only?
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-12-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
No, this is for anyone who is a college student. It does not matter if they are on any sort of team or organization, just as long as they are spending their life savings (or their parents') on a college education.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-12-2007, 8:37 PM Reply   
Send us over some details at www.midwestwakeboarder.com/main

Mike and crew at KCW are good people, we could send you all some stickers to throw out.

Mike@midwestwakeboarder.com let me know.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-13-2007, 10:20 AM Reply   
I'm bumping this...any college riders in the Midwest should think about taking a trip down for this one, it's gonna be a blast

mike, why don't you just come to the tourney? The info above is pretty much all the information we could give you, but if you still have my address, I will be attending the tournament to ride for MU so I can definitely help hand that stuff out. Email me if you lost it.

I'm ready to shred...Or something.
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-14-2007, 8:04 AM Reply   
Garret, you shred my... uh, nevermind
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-14-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
Ohh snap!

Matt, you been doing a lot of riding in Ca? How you like the boat?
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-14-2007, 11:09 PM Reply   
I have been riding some, yes, but don't tell my surgeon. No jumping though. 3 more months to go! The boat is EPIC! of course!
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-14-2007, 11:10 PM Reply   
Don't mean to hijack this thread - the shredtacular is going to be sweet! I wish I could be there! Look for my little brother to be holding it down though!
Old     (phil_deez)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-16-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
Justin and Garret are super cool guys! Just thought I'd add that. Looking forward to riding with ya soon!