Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    joelt            05-17-2005, 11:18 AM Reply   
We are heading to Trinity Alps this year instead of Lake Shasta. We'll be on a houseboat and towing our Sanger V10. The promo materials look like its a nice lake but would like to heard first hand from anyone who's been there. I prefer finding a nice spot, park the houseboat and settle in with a cool beverage for the week. If there are multiple places that are "must sees", I'd be open to moving around a little.

Also, we are looking for an instructor (or someone who's very good with kids') to spend the day with us helping get the kids up and going. I've spoken with John Steiner and he'll see if he can hook us up, but in the event he can't, any recommendations would be appreciated.

JT
Old    wakemark            05-17-2005, 11:38 AM Reply   
My response deals only with trinity lake (claire engle). I have no idea about instructors.

The lake is one of the most beautiful, pristine areas in Nor-Cal. It is less crowded than Shasta in every way. If you go to the north end of the lake, it is possible to get the entire main part of the lake to yourself without so much as another boat. On the southern end there seem to be a lot of houseboaters, but it is far from crowded. Take the time to drive up north to get the lake all to yourself! It is a huge, glassy, scenic body of water with rocky snow covered peaks on the horizon and warm water. The drive up the mountains is hard, and I think that is why most people just settle for Shasta. If a "party" is what you are after, this is the wrong place. If you want your own huge private lake with warm water, great scenery, and flat riding conditions, go to Trinity
Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-18-2005, 8:52 AM Reply   
Trinity is great. When are you heading up there? I've got a group of people heading up July 31st - Aug 7th. We're staying up at Wyntoon's resort by Trinity Center.

Trinity is a really nice lake. Everything that wakemark said and more.
Old    joelt            05-18-2005, 9:45 PM Reply   
we are picking up the houseboat on Saturday, July 16th from Trinity Lake Resort @ Cedar Stock. Sounds like we are in for a great time.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-18-2005, 10:16 PM Reply   
I absolutely LOVE Trinity. M said it best "If you want your own huge private lake with warm water, great scenery, and flat riding conditions, go to Trinity". I absolutely could not agree with this more. Shasta is nice, but if you're looking for a nice relaxing week of vacation, and great trail riding if you like bicycles or motorcycles, then Trinity is where it's at. North end of Trinity is hands down my favorite vacation spot.
Old     (chevboy171)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-19-2005, 11:56 AM Reply   
Not to kick a dead horse, but Trinity is amazing. I've been there 3 or 4 times and always had a good time. Water is always good in the morning and sometimes great all day. U won't regret going there.