Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (bthornton)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-06-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
I am going to install 4 polk db650 speakers in my boat, which by the way are on sale for $69.95/pair from crutchfield. I thought that was a pretty good price. I was planning on putting 2 in the far back on each side of the rear seat and 1 behind the drivers seat on the side and 1 by the observers seat on the side or under the seat. This setup doesn't give me much sound to the open bow. After doing a search I found a thread that recommends installing 2 speakers in the walkthrough on each side. This will give more sound to the bow and the driver and passenger will get sound from these speakers as well. Does anyone have this set-up? Which set-up would sound the best for the entire boat including the bow? If I did put 2 speakers in the walkthrough would 2 speakers give me enough sound in the body of the boat?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-06-2007, 5:51 PM Reply   
What kind of boat do you have?
Old     (bthornton)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-06-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
Don't start roasting, it is a Centurion T5.
Old     (fulltilt429)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-06-2007, 7:26 PM Reply   
My buddy has that setup in his Cent. Elite, he has 4 6.5's around the lower perimeter ( bad place for them...the speaker grills always get kicked in.), and the in the walk through, and 4 6x9's in the tower. The walk through isnt a bad idea, the only thing i dont like about it is that they face eachother directly and nothing else (unless your s****ing on that lame bridge/cooler thing cent. makes) Now that we know that, we are going to leave the walkthrough speakers in as dummy speakers since the holes are already cut, and fabricate speakers in the pocket areas of the front bow seats. as for the driver, mount a 10" sub in front of him, and mount some rear speakers maybe in the cupholder pockets and crank'em
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-06-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
Yes, it delivers sound nicely all over the boat. I moved my comps to the walkway when I placed my sub in the kickpanel. I can rock out anywhere in my boat, but the driver's and observer's seats are the best. Mine are staggered, on the observer wall, it is near the driver, on the driver wall it is near the bow.