Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-07-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
Just wondering how well the ladies Jet Pilot GTR Neo S/E Comp Vest floats you in the water. I have last year's one on order from Jet Pilot (as they are out of 2006 models in my size).
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-07-2006, 4:43 PM Reply   
I have the XS/S 2006 model and it floats me fine. I love it and have had no problems, even when putting back on bindings in the water after a rough fall...
Old                06-08-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
I like mine also. I had to get a mens small because I am so tall. But it is very comfy, and keeps my head above water! I did have a friend complaining about hers not floating well, but I dont know what style it was...
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-08-2006, 12:30 PM Reply   
Just keep in mind, riding a comp vest in a non-comp can be a heavy ticket if you get pulled over. Also make sure the boat has enough USCG approved vests on board (comp vests do not count in the count of one per person on the boat), that also is a heavy ticket.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-08-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
I shouldn't have added. I ride a comp vest, but only in the winter under the drysuit. Less cops out in the winter. They think if you are stupid enough to get in freezing water, they generally will let you be stupid because they don't want to come out on the water to write you a ticket.
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-08-2006, 12:51 PM Reply   
Good thinking there bsflower. I will be sure to toss my USCG approved vest in my gear bag with my comp vest before loading the boat.

We were pulled over (Sheriff's Boat) last year for a random check and they were super nice and just wanted to make sure we had enough USCG approved vests per person, etc.

This will be my first time riding in a comp vest so I appreciate everyone's input. Thank you all for your postings. I just checked UPS for tracking info and my vest should be here this Friday...super excited!
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-28-2006, 11:06 AM Reply   
Forgot to get back to you on the JP Vest. LOVE IT! I can't believe how well it floats me. It is so comfy and doesn't get in the way whatsoever. Thanks to all who posted...I couldn't be happier.
Old     (wakejumpinjen)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-28-2006, 4:58 PM Reply   
Best vest ever. Room for your boobs and comfortable around the chest. Not binding. Got the wind knocked out of me in Powell last year and the vest kept me floating enough to be dragged out of the water and on to the swim step. Long story short, USCG my ass, the Comp vest will float you no problem. No. 1 for saftey and style.