Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-16-2013, 7:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Auto wedge all the way down helps planing over other wedge positions, it does not aide in planing vs no wedge though... It is not a planing device.

Additionally it does not do the same thing Supra's or anyone elses TAB does, the wedge pulls the rear of the boat down... I'd be interested to put a straight edge along the bottom of the hull like a supra to see if the wake plate provides stern lift or if it truly is flat off the back of the hull...
The wedge all the way down will help in planing maybe not much but it simply will. The wedge in neutral position will elevate the rear of the boat as it starts to plane because it will act like a hydrofoil that is angled up as the boat's bow rises. Same as your board when getting up.

The tabs do the same thing. As the boat starts to plane up and the bow rises the tabs are lifting the rear of the boat. The reason they do not go past neutral is so at speed you don't drive the nose of the boat into the water.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-16-2013, 7:30 AM Reply   
Sorry for the threadjack everyone. Any more pictures? I want to see the A24 and G21, specifically... Would love to see the wakes on those boats too...
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-16-2013, 7:37 AM Reply   
I've got a pic of Dean's new boat that I'll post when the new Axis stuff drops.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-16-2013, 7:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyBunch View Post
The wedge all the way down will help in planing maybe not much but it simply will. The wedge in neutral position will elevate the rear of the boat as it starts to plane because it will act like a hydrofoil that is angled up as the boat's bow rises. Same as your board when getting up.

The tabs do the same thing. As the boat starts to plane up and the bow rises the tabs are lifting the rear of the boat. The reason they do not go past neutral is so at speed you don't drive the nose of the boat into the water.
The wedge does not help with planing period. The wedge is a drag device, not a planning device. It creates drag to pull the transom down, at full it's tough for most engines to get on plane with it, at the bottom position it creates the least amount of drag, but still some drag. Tabs are completely different than the wedge.

The axis floating wedge automatically goes to the point of most resistance, hence why having a small engine on a 24ft boat makes zero sense with this model.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-16-2013, 7:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
I've got a pic of Dean's new boat that I'll post when the new Axis stuff drops.
So the answer is no....

LOL come on guys, enough with the "I have it but I'm not sharing it" comments.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-16-2013, 7:58 AM Reply   
If you have it, that means someone trusted you with the info and asked you not to give it out. if you want to keep that trust you don't release it. It's killing me that they are taking so long to release at least something....
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-16-2013, 8:04 AM Reply   
Then don't tease everyone by saying you have stuff that they can't get until they see it from the manufacturer. Everyone here knows who has hook ups. If you can't spill it then keep it to yourself instead of boasting that you have an inside track that no one else does.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-16-2013, 8:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkinsttu View Post
Then don't tease everyone by saying you have stuff that they can't get until they see it from the manufacturer. Everyone here knows who has hook ups. If you can't spill it then keep it to yourself instead of boasting that you have an inside track that no one else does.
It's hard to keep the secrets, malibu has some seriously cool things coming
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-16-2013, 8:16 AM Reply   
You said it yourself that if someone trusted you with the info, it's best to keep that trust. Anything else just ticks people off when they get on WW and see this thread being at the top, only to open and find you and I bickering back and forth over nothing, and to see that no new info is really out yet and probably won't be for a while.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-16-2013, 8:17 AM Reply   
I have some top secret pictures of the 2012 X-Star.
Attached Images

Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-16-2013, 8:35 AM Reply   
How long did you have to stake out for those haha
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-16-2013, 8:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkinsttu View Post
How long did you have to stake out for those haha
I walked past it every day for 3 months. I was an intern there while it was being developed.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-16-2013, 2:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter660 View Post
I walked past it every day for 3 months. I was an intern there while it was being developed.
That's pretty neat!
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-16-2013, 3:11 PM Reply   
Well, we are proud owners of the black and orange XStar from Surf Expo.... We got it for half price!
Attached Images

Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-16-2013, 3:13 PM Reply   
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-16-2013, 4:09 PM Reply   
Was that Xstar sawed in 1/2 for showroom purposes?

And is that the new Mojo or Mondo?
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-16-2013, 4:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
Was that Xstar sawed in 1/2 for showroom purposes?

And is that the new Mojo or Mondo?
Looks like Mondo.
Old     (rickt)      Join Date: May 2002       07-16-2013, 5:15 PM Reply   
That's a Mojo in the all new Torque Gel Pattern. Mojo and Mondo both have this pattern as an option and the classic pattern that the Mojo was in last year.
Old     (sprocketeer)      Join Date: Nov 2012       07-16-2013, 6:33 PM Reply   
Old     (sprocketeer)      Join Date: Nov 2012       07-16-2013, 6:41 PM Reply   
MONDO

http://www.flickr.com/photos/moombab...7634667452471/
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-16-2013, 7:15 PM Reply   

The new 2014 Moomba Boats Mondo is just that, MONDO! This 20-foot 6-inch water sports tow boat is not big in price or stature, but it offers huge performance and monster comfort. The wakes behind this little behemoth benefit from 1300 lbs of ballast perfect for rocking a curl or launching off both sides. The rough water ride and handling of the Mondo dwarf all other 20-footers. And the "MONDO" vibe continues on the inside with room for 13 people and convenient storage for all of their stuff. The only areas the Moomba Mondo doesn't measure-up is its price and physical size. The Moomba Mondo is gigantic when you want it and tiny when you need it. The new Mondo is big on "no worries".

Value
The Moomba Mondo is not a value performance boat simply because the price is lower than the next water sports boat builder's. Moomba maximizes the value to you by providing increased benefits without necessarily increasing the cost of the boats. Moomba Boats takes great pride in providing reliable functional features designed to foster the "No Worries" lifestyle for you and your family no matter what your budget. There is no better example of that commitment than the new 2014 Moomba Mondo.

Size
At 20 feet 6 inches you would expect the Moomba Mondo to be all about its convenient size, but "20-footer" just begins to describe this wake boat. Don't get us wrong, this Moomba is easy on your tow vehicle weighing in at at 3800 lbs and fits nicely into a standard garage thanks to the new OZ HD tower, but its real value comes in the form of performance and comfort.

Performance
Wether you're into wake surfing, wakeboarding, knee boarding, slalom skiing or just cruising the lake the Moomba Mondo will come through big for you. You can fine tune the multi-discipline hull design for water conditions or wakes across the wake spectrum with the Multisport Wakeplate. Pull-up the new Swivle-head Pylon and the Mondo can accommodate a slalom set too. Set the perfect speed for your session with the new graphical Digital Cruise Pro II display. Fill the Gravity III-D Ballast to 1300 lbs or beyond as an upgradable quick-connect plumbed-in system. If you slide towards surfing take advantage of a Mondo curl unaffected by the swim platform with Surf+. If cruising is more your style, throttle the Indmar Assault 330feel the control of the rack and pinion steering commanding perfectly tuned under water gear. The Moomba Mondo will do it all and without leaving anyone at the dock.

Comfort
The sacrifice for a price-point 20-foot boat can be interior comfort, but the Mondo goes big in this area too. The Mondo will accommodate 13 people, but this Moomba is not just a people mover. You can relax "no worries" style in the Mondo. Deep seating throughout the boat makes the ride safe and supportive while allowing tons of room for gear in the non-skid lined storage areas. The fiberglass floor with snap-out carpet adds even more convenience. The wide hybrid bow gives you the seating space without the "me too" pickle fork design. The driver will enjoy a swivel seat with the Rise-R flip-up bolster for all sized captains. The Mondo interior design has a fresh sporty look that combines multiple textures and colors of high quality Spradling vinyl. The new 3-pice rear seat reveals a center step into the lounge covering conveniently located wet storage. Opt for the new Sundeck Walk Across with Nonskid and make the trip from the swim deck to the interior truly no worries.

Style
And since we all know having fun on the lake gets even better when we look good doing it, the Moomba Mondo was designed with a customizable fresh style inside and out. The Moomba Mondo sports a sleek profile that can be accentuated by new available gel coat and graphics. The new Torqued gel coat scheme with Rally graphics gives the Mondo a rally sport atitude. The classic gel coat with the new Distortion graphic gives the Mondo a distinct look of orderly chaos. Finish either of these configurations with the Chrome or new Black Chrome Moomba and you won't be able to take your eyes off of your Mondo. The Moomba Mondo interior follows the exterior with a sporty design that can be as unique as the owners themselves.

The next big thing in "no worries" wake boating is small. Visit your local Moomba Boats dealer and test drive the 2014 Mondo.

Overall Length w/o Platform: 20' 6"
Overall Length w/ Platform: 22' 6"
Width (Beam): 99"
Overall Width w/ Trailer: 102"
Draft: 25"
Weight - Boat only: 3,800 lbs
Weight - Boat and Trailer: 4,650 lbs
Capacity - Passenger: 13
Capacity - Weight: 2,000 lbs
Capacity - Fuel: 39 gals
Capacity - Ballast (Standard): 1,300 lbs
Engine - Electronic Fuel Injection: 330 HP, V-8
Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       07-16-2013, 7:23 PM Reply   
Looks like a very possible option for some of us. MSRP???
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-16-2013, 7:27 PM Reply   
It's going in our new showroom..

By the way, SC better give Shane S a raise. Well done sir. That's best looking Moomba that I've seen. Nice work Shane.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-16-2013, 7:39 PM Reply   
I was inpressed by it at the Tennessee INT last weekend. It was a black/baby blue/white Mondo. It definitely gave the appearance of the Mojo.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-16-2013, 7:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakesounds View Post
Looks like a very possible option for some of us. MSRP???
Not sure, but my guess is pricing of the lineup will go from low to high in this order:

Outback V
Mondo
LSV
Mojo

In 2013, the LSV decently equipped w/ trailer was priced at $49,999 at the Atlanta Boat Show.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-16-2013, 8:04 PM Reply   
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shFQf...e_gdata_player
Old     (flaswaliba)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-16-2013, 8:09 PM Reply   
Moomba has hit a home run, no doubt. I really like the dash. I think the information screen is a nice touch. It's large enough to see, contains great information, and looks easy to navigate.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-16-2013, 8:17 PM Reply   
f u c k ing awesome Moomba.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-16-2013, 8:42 PM Reply   
I think moomba should ditch the LSV and possibly even the outback V if it isn't significantly less than Mondo. Maybe we will end up seeing a 23.5 or 24 foot boat in the future that is designed like the mondo/mojo?

Do you guys think a sub 20' version of this Mondo would go over well?
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-16-2013, 8:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
I
Do you guys think a sub 20' version of this Mondo would go over well?
It would give them a boat that no other manufacturer has, but unfortunately it might be the answer to a question no one asked.

I always have wanted to see a sub 20' wake boat, but given the huge boats that people keep lining up to buy, I might be the only one.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-16-2013, 9:16 PM Reply   
Personally I have never wished for a smaller wakeboat. That Mondo however is really really nice. I agree its the best looking Moomba yet.
Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       07-16-2013, 9:35 PM Reply   
The mondo looks nice but I'll definately need to see it in person to see how roomy it is compared to the 21' boats. Also pricing and options pricing is gonna be interesting.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-16-2013, 9:38 PM Reply   
Mondo is a GREAT looking boat. Fantastic work SC. Just wondering why not make it 20' tho so those with lake restrictions have it as an option, is that not a big market?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-17-2013, 6:34 AM Reply   
That Mondo is very nice. Great work SC!
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-17-2013, 6:34 AM Reply   
I think it's great that companies are coming out with sub 22' boats. Some, like myself, are restricted to 21' lengths on our lake and are always pushing the envelope (my vlx is 21'6"). Bigger boats are great but all I can do is dream when it comes to them. Producing a great wake with a small boat and being able to seat 13 comfortably is definitely a hard task but seems like these companies are hearing our demands
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-17-2013, 6:47 AM Reply   
It's nice that they are building smaller boats, but it's still a 3800lb boat!
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-17-2013, 7:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
I cracked up when I read the 3800lb "being easy on your tow vehicle" comment; with trailer, gear, and fuel it will be well over 5000lbs. You are either looking at a small handful of SUVs or a full size truck.

Gotta love the direction of SC though, those new Moombas are a far cry from the early 2000's stuff.
Old     (Therapy10)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-17-2013, 7:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
According to the Moomba website the Mojo 2.5 is 3900 lbs and two feet longer then the Mondo which is somewhat surprising given similarities in shape. Moomba is definitely picking up its game and making sharp boats!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-17-2013, 7:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy10 View Post
According to the Moomba website the Mojo 2.5 is 3900 lbs and two feet longer then the Mondo which is somewhat surprising given similarities in shape. Moomba is definitely picking up its game and making sharp boats!
Mondo is definitely a boat I'd be interested in if I could afford new... Never looked twice at Moomba before but I like the overall feel of this boat and its wake potential for a small, budget boat!
Old    rullery            07-17-2013, 7:21 AM Reply   
Agreed on the Mondo, super sharp boat SC. If this would have come out a year earlier I would def be reconsidering my r20 purchase.

Is that Reed Hansen thrashing it on the video?
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-17-2013, 7:44 AM Reply   
Mondo will be a huge hit if SC's new hulls aren't plagued with their washy problems like hulls of the past.
Old    TN22            07-17-2013, 7:56 AM Reply   
That looked like Reed to me
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-17-2013, 8:53 AM Reply   
That's a good looking boat!
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-17-2013, 9:03 AM Reply   
i'm really hoping the price comes in reasonable.

I was very close to pulling the trigger on an axis...about $20,000 ago...
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-17-2013, 9:16 AM Reply   
After all the praise here, what do you guys think is a fair quoted price for the mondo with decent options, not blinged out, but functional and well appointed?

50k? 60k?
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-17-2013, 9:28 AM Reply   
I thought I saw 60k somewhere.

Which is crazy if true, because that thing is a way more complete package than my X1, and the list on my X1 in 2011 was over 75k. Well done Moomba.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-17-2013, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN22 View Post
That looked like Reed to me
Reed kills it on a surf too. He is going to look crazy when more of that hair falls out.
Old    TN22            07-17-2013, 10:41 AM Reply   
To further what Drew said earlier in the thread, Judging by this year's prices and what I've heard, it will be like this in order from least to greatest. Again, this is my guess but I've heard it from a couple dealers as well.

1. Outback V
2. Mondo
3. LSV
4. Mojo

I've seen the LSV priced around $49K with trailer and some options at the shows this year, so I would guess the Mondo will be a touch south of that come boat show time when equipped similarly
Old     (jk13)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-17-2013, 10:53 AM Reply   
If that boat performs anywhere near as good as it looks and comes in under 50k it should do really well in the market. Incredible boat aesthetically.

But that name.................
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-17-2013, 11:00 AM Reply   
The boat performs better than it looks! Its produces a very nice wakeboard wake and is deep so I think you're going to be able to load it up for surfing.

Mondo is supposedly some Australian slang the ocean surfers use to describe a good wave.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-17-2013, 11:01 AM Reply   
Is there a reason why SC is the only one releasing 2014 stuff? Where's all the others? Big 3?
Old    TN22            07-17-2013, 11:04 AM Reply   
Mastercraft released the X-46 awhile ago
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-17-2013, 11:10 AM Reply   
mon·do
/ˈmändō/

Adverb
Used in reference to something very striking or remarkable of its kind.
Old     (jk13)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-17-2013, 11:11 AM Reply   
Yeah, I get it with the 70s slang mondo (cause I'm old). But imagine:

After hours at the lake party explaining to some girls who know little about boats:
"I have an Axis A22."
"What's that?"
"It's kind of meant to be a core, rider-designed boat. Looks a bit different but functions super good."
"Oh, I get it."

"I have a Moomba Mondo."
"????? ........." (walks away).

Joking of course and coming from a guy that took weeks to name his kids because of potential nicknames or knowing someone with a certain name or.....

I hope it does perform as good or better than it looks. This industry definitely needs more value for dollar.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-17-2013, 11:11 AM Reply   
I cannot imagine a situation where SC releases a new 20' design that sells for under 50k. I like your boat shows better than ours TN22, we had an Outback at our show priced at 49k...
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-17-2013, 11:12 AM Reply   
We are honestly considering buying one of these things. Very curious on what they will be going for.
Old    TN22            07-17-2013, 11:13 AM Reply   
Are you out west Matt? I'm in the south so I would guess the shipping charges are way less since the factory is in TN. Could also just depend on the dealer. I saw those prices in Charlotte and Atlanta

Last edited by TN22; 07-17-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-17-2013, 11:52 AM Reply   
The 2013 Mojo at our show was $61K, boat show price, not MSRP. That Mondo looks good (terrible name), but I would be surprised to see it in the 40's as pictured given what they are selling the Mojo at.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-17-2013, 11:53 AM Reply   
i custom ordered my '11 (moomba) LSV for 46K at 21'-6"

i see no reason the mondo isnt going to be closer to 50k rather than the 60k.
new 2013 Mojos (22-6") are being advertised at 61k

and my last two LSV's , the wake plate DEFINATLY goes past neutral. and definatly makes a huge difference on planeing times, loaded down especially.
Old     (Bamabonners)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-17-2013, 12:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh1669 View Post
The wedge does not help with planing period. The wedge is a drag device, not a planning device. It creates drag to pull the transom down, at full it's tough for most engines to get on plane with it, at the bottom position it creates the least amount of drag, but still some drag. Tabs are completely different than the wedge.

The axis floating wedge automatically goes to the point of most resistance, hence why having a small engine on a 24ft boat makes zero sense with this model.
THIS ^^^ is correct. the wedge will NOT help you plane. it will help you drink more gas. LMAO
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-17-2013, 1:01 PM Reply   
i'll be disappointed if the mondo is priced at 60k

At 50 it will peak my interest
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-17-2013, 1:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabonners View Post
THIS ^^^ is correct. the wedge will NOT help you plane. it will help you drink more gas. LMAO
I disagree, the wedge is a foil, if it angles down it creates displacement, angled up lift. Even if the foil is neutral, when the bow goes up it will create lift at the stern
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-17-2013, 1:25 PM Reply   
I just got off the phone and have confirmation of the mondo price along with base options, etc. People are going to go insane. I'm breaking my kids piggy banks open right now.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-17-2013, 1:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamburell View Post
I just got off the phone and have confirmation of the mondo price along with base options, etc. People are going to go insane. I'm breaking my kids piggy banks open right now.
Please share, or delete your post. Once again, saying you have something and not sharing it is completely useless.

I do not understand why people keep doing this...
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-17-2013, 1:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
I disagree, the wedge is a foil, if it angles down it creates displacement, angled up lift. Even if the foil is neutral, when the bow goes up it will create lift at the stern
Lets move this to a new thread and leave this one as it is intended. Delta Force and I pm'd on it quite a bit the other day. Leave this thread for its intention on 2014 boats and features.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-17-2013, 1:44 PM Reply   
It will be in the 50k neighborhood, depending on options/dealer/location, etc.

Hell, I may even end up with one!
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-17-2013, 1:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Please share, or delete your post. Once again, saying you have something and not sharing it is completely useless.

I do not understand why people keep doing this...
its not useless. It got you all flustered. +1

Quote:
It will be in the 50k neighborhood, depending on options/dealer/location, etc.

Hell, I may even end up with one!
high 40's-low 50's is a rumor i heard

and yes we are going to take a look very shortly
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-17-2013, 3:41 PM Reply   
It will be under $50 if you don't go crazy with the trailer and get the laser cut steps, large wheels that require the torsion axels, matching spare, runway lights, etc.

I kinda like the naming of the models; like they do with cars. How many more LSV's and XYZ123's do we need?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-18-2013, 7:39 AM Reply   
Here is another pic of the SC... Not the best... had to screen shot it from my phone. It has sexy hips...
Attached Images

Old     (Khyber)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-18-2013, 7:59 AM Reply   
I keep checking this thread hoping to see some Nautique and Malibu news. Curious to see the G21 specs
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-18-2013, 8:03 AM Reply   
G21 will be out at expo as far as I know. Expect new 210 and 230 next month sometime. 210 is all new not sure about 230. Changes will be major league. G21: well IMO it is going to ruin the entire 22ft+ upper end wake market unless you need to seat lots of people.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-18-2013, 8:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
G21 will be out at expo as far as I know. Expect new 210 and 230 next month sometime. 210 is all new not sure about 230. Changes will be major league. G21: well IMO it is going to ruin the entire 22ft+ upper end wake market unless you need to seat lots of people.
I'm sure it's price will keep all the other boats well in competition if history of that series serves as any indicator.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2013, 8:57 AM Reply   
Hey Jon, what do you know about the new MC Direct Drive?
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-18-2013, 8:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
Here is another pic of the SC... Not the best... had to screen shot it from my phone. It has sexy hips...
Looks so good !! Really digging the white tower base and white board rack brackets .
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-18-2013, 9:00 AM Reply   
Like I said a long time ago, CC has decided to try to make more space in pricing between the 210 and G21 and 230 and G23 by revamping the 210 and 230. Now, I was told that CC was going to try to make a 210 and 230 that is more affordable. We'll see. I wonder what impact these changes will have on resale of the '13 230's and 210's.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-18-2013, 2:10 PM Reply   
another mondo with the alt gel and graphics scheme
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-18-2013, 2:15 PM Reply   
That thing is clean!!!! I like these graphics too.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-18-2013, 2:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Like I said a long time ago, CC has decided to try to make more space in pricing between the 210 and G21 and 230 and G23 by revamping the 210 and 230. Now, I was told that CC was going to try to make a 210 and 230 that is more affordable. We'll see. I wonder what impact these changes will have on resale of the '13 230's and 210's.
You sir are correct. Expect the 210 to be aimed at the vlx and. LSV in terms of price
Old     (iamcdn)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-18-2013, 2:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
You sir are correct. Expect the 210 to be aimed at the vlx and. LSV in terms of price
I have seen pics of them and the gel scheme looks a lot like the Malibus and I didn't see any decals on the pics I saw. Looks like it won't be just the pricing that will be aimed at the Bu's. Actually, even the vinyl colors and scheme are reminiscent of the Malibus.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-18-2013, 4:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_killa_ss View Post
another mondo with the alt gel and graphics scheme
Kind of reminds me of a G23 in the nose. A cute mini G