Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-29-2012, 8:07 AM Reply   
Hey guys and gals, I was hoping some salesman/sales managers out there could help me out with something? This week I am starting as a full time outside sales person for my families business. I am trying to figure out if Outlook with contact manager will do the things I want it to do. I want to be able to enter all my customers with business name, contact name and all the other critical contact info. Some other things I want to be able to do are enter notes for customers when I visit, group different types of customers together depending on business/fleet type and I want to be able to send out mass emails with flyers/promo's attached and be able to send those to the different groups I set up. I would assume Outlook also has a calendar that allows you to input appointments and add due dates for certain things.

Will Outlook and contact manager do these things for me? Would I be better off using salesforce or another internet based CRM? Is there a way to be able to view your calendar and contacts as well as enter notes from a droid?

The salesperson I am taking over for is really old school and uses a 3 ring binder to keep his contacts and input notes.

Also, if outlook and contact manager will do these things what is the best way to learn how to fully use the program? A ...... for dummies book or some sort of training manual?

Also, we only have one other sales person but he is willing to use technology to his advantage so would it be easier to use an internet CRM with both of us under one account?