Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-06-2017, 2:56 PM Reply   
Yeah, who cares how many small businesses and his own employees (destroyed retirement savings, etc) he had to screw over in the process, right Dane?
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-06-2017, 4:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah, who cares how many small businesses and his own employees (destroyed retirement savings, etc) he had to screw over in the process, right Dane?
Nice redirect. I am not interested in re-debating the election. It is over. Both candidates were very flawed. For me, their negatives cancelled and Trump's positives (jobs, trade, security) far exceeded Hillary's (nothing).

Note, I voted for Obama but was very disappointed with his response toward Radical Islamic and his complete failure to do anything to help inner cities ghettos. His globalism over nationalism attitude also hurt Hillary.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-06-2017, 4:27 PM Reply   
It's not a redirect, and I didn't say anything about Hillary. If you want to let your own feeling about her influence your assessment of Trump, that's fine, but Hillary being a flawed candidate doesn't make Trump a good businessman.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-06-2017, 5:52 PM Reply   
Number of Americans killed by nationals of the 7 countries placed on the travel ban in terrorist attacks on U.S. soil between 1975 and 2015.

Zero.

Number of Americans being shot and killed by toddlers in 2015 alone.

Two.

#TrumpPriorities
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-06-2017, 6:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Number of Americans killed by nationals of the 7 countries placed on the travel ban in terrorist attacks on U.S. soil between 1975 and 2015.

Zero.

Number of Americans being shot and killed by toddlers in 2015 alone.

Two.

#TrumpPriorities
That is the most short sighted criticism to this whole debate. Why don't you pull up some figures of how many people we are pursuing in those countries, terrorists on our watch list, and counter terrosim dollars being spent in each of the seven then get back to us. Because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it isn't a threat or that there isn't one in the works.. Theres plots every day that get uncovered. I'm not sure that statistic is confirmed either, state your source.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-06-2017, 7:24 PM Reply   
Don't forget about the toasters
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-06-2017, 7:26 PM Reply   
I find it pretty funny he signed an executive order putting Bannon on the national security council without being aware of it. As i have said all along, apart from his politics which are horrible, he just isn't competent to be president
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-06-2017, 8:12 PM Reply   
Attached Images
 
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-06-2017, 8:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Don't forget about the toasters
haha i almost threw that in too but i thought of it after the time to edit was up
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-06-2017, 11:19 PM Reply   
Apparently, the Don is getting a bit jealous of the attention Satan (Bannon) is receiving. Shame.
Attached Images
 
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-06-2017, 11:20 PM Reply   
Yes The TOASTER's I to thought of them. Are the 4 position ones 2x as dangerous. Laughing and Laughing I hope Trump does More and More crazy $hit it seems to keep the LibraTards upset and protesting. Keep on marching! We all care so much about your feelings LOL LOL LOL
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-06-2017, 11:33 PM Reply   
So many juvenile posts from the liberals.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-07-2017, 12:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
So many juvenile posts from the liberals.
You forgot to mention the juvenile in the white house
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-07-2017, 2:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
You forgot to mention the juvenile in the white house
daaaaaaaaannnnng burn! In keeping with the theme, i'll give that comeback 3rd grade.... 4th if i'm drinking heavily and feeling generous. rolleyes:
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-07-2017, 4:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
That is the most short sighted criticism to this whole debate. Why don't you pull up some figures of how many people we are pursuing in those countries, terrorists on our watch list, and counter terrosim dollars being spent in each of the seven then get back to us. Because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it isn't a threat or that there isn't one in the works.. Theres plots every day that get uncovered. I'm not sure that statistic is confirmed either, state your source.
What is "short-sighted" about what I posted? We are no more safe today then we were the day before Trump signed his executive order. This thing was signed to appease people that don't know what the hell is going on around the world; the people that live their lives listening to "alternative facts".

Researchers at the Cato institute have determined that Americans have a 1 in 10.9 billion chance of being killed in a terrorist attack committed by an illegal alien on US soil. They also determined that Americans have a 1 in 3.6 billion chance of being killed by a refugee in a terrorist attack committed by a refugee on US soil.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-07-2017, 6:36 AM Reply   
What are the numbers that you get struck by lightning? So because they are very low does that mean it's perfectly safe to go out in a lighting storm with a metal object.
And while we are on the subject of ignorance. And alternative facts. And Lies. Let's talk about the right wings response to this.
Fact Obama has Deported more people than Any president. But that's fine!
Trump puts a 120 day TEMPORARY travel restriction on 7 countries. And The right labels it a MUSLIM ban! ( now who is playing with lies or alternative facts now)
Trump says the governments vetting process is flawed and needs to be re worked. And "Q" the professional protesting and bleeding hearts.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-07-2017, 7:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
What are the numbers that you get struck by lightning? So because they are very low does that mean it's perfectly safe to go out in a lighting storm with a metal object.
And while we are on the subject of ignorance. And alternative facts. And Lies. Let's talk about the right wings response to this.
Fact Obama has Deported more people than Any president. But that's fine!
Trump puts a 120 day TEMPORARY travel restriction on 7 countries. And The right labels it a MUSLIM ban! ( now who is playing with lies or alternative facts now)
Trump says the governments vetting process is flawed and needs to be re worked. And "Q" the professional protesting and bleeding hearts.
The odds of being struck by lightning are exponentially higher than being killed by a terrorist.

Okay, now you are saying that Obama has "deported more people". A couple of months ago, you and your ilk were saying that Obama supported open borders. Which one is it?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-07-2017, 8:28 AM Reply   
Suprised you're a math teacher Jeremy. Can you not realize we can't supply jobs for the people we have in this country already? How many people can you take in your own home and support! How many before you're all living in poverty? It's just basic math. All Trump is trying to do is get the country back in balance so everyone can have a job.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-07-2017, 9:19 AM Reply   
Grant do you even know who the left is and who the right is?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-07-2017, 9:43 AM Reply   
^ whoops I got my wings mixed up^ left wings like you own Sangers and are Bat $hit. Right wingers like me own Nautiques ( our props turn Right) LOL LOL just when you thought this thread could not go any lower, yes I just made fun of your boat LOL yes Obama has deported more people then TRUMP why no outrage from the LEFT!!!!!!
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-07-2017, 10:34 AM Reply   
Well I didn't vote for Hilary so your labeling of me is an alternative fact. Your attraction to Milo after you checked him out reminds me of Trump's cozy adoration of Putin.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-07-2017, 10:46 AM Reply   
Yes Milo is funny and I enjoy his podcast's. You should check them out. I have listened to 3 of them. I don't understand why the Left gets so upset at what he has to say
I guess the truth and facts that go AGAINST what the Left has been telling us all along is Dangerous and needs to be labeled Hate Speech.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-07-2017, 10:54 AM Reply   
Even the right has not figured out that Trump has merely hijacked their party. None of the right wanted Trump. Trump has you fool's so fooled it's funny. The right wing usually isn't scared. They didn't used to be the pussy cats scared of their own shadows.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-07-2017, 11:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
^ whoops I got my wings mixed up^ left wings like you own Sangers and are Bat $hit. Right wingers like me own Nautiques ( our props turn Right) LOL LOL just when you thought this thread could not go any lower, yes I just made fun of your boat LOL yes Obama has deported more people then TRUMP why no outrage from the LEFT!!!!!!
why there's no outrage about Obama deporting illegals, but there is outrage at trump banning legal residents....

A big part of that might be the word LEGAL! Obama targeted criminals and "dangerous dudes" trump is targeting everyone from 7 countries he doesn't do buisness with while keeping Saudi Arabia off the list (most of the 911 terrorists were from there) because he has buisness there. He is stopping starving kids and people who have been waiting for years, and green card holders who happened to be on vacation when he issued his unorganized, poorly handled, completely not though through order.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-07-2017, 11:25 AM Reply   
It has nothing to do with "his" businesses. That is LIB/CNN dribble.

The 7 nations are terror states with possibly inadequate infrastructure (e.g failed state) to support a trustworthy visa program. These same 7 nations were on Obama's radar of concern.

Should we become a refuge disaster like Europe? And, put Americans at risk? And, possibly erode life quality in America forever? That may be your call but it is not mine.

Been to India? Are you looking forward to car searches, xray machines and metal detectors at every hotel, every mall and every big venue across America?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-07-2017, 11:26 AM Reply   
Plhorn: ok this is part of the problem. Libs only hear or re-peet what makes headlines the Truth about why Saudi was left off the list is not Bomb Tastic or go's against what the Left wants us all to believe.. The reason Saudi was left off the list. Was because Saudi has records that date back for each Saudi. So as far as vetting we can look back and see the persons linnage. The other country's that don't have records and we can't tell who your are, Now why is that fact not common knowledge!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-07-2017, 11:54 AM Reply   
Why is the Don lying about having a relationship with Putin? He really needs to try harder when keeping his story straight
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-07-2017, 12:08 PM Reply   
He wants to use Putin/Russians to destroy ISIS.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-07-2017, 12:48 PM Reply   
So...The right is going to push to make abortion illegal...Yet there are not enough jobs to support the population now and the right doesn't want to pay to take care of anyone in society through taxes but is ready to get rid of abortion and bring a million more unwanted people a year into this place with no jobs and too high of taxes ...100,000+ people in foster care go unadopted each year....Who do you think gets the bill?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-07-2017, 1:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
He wants to use Putin/Russians to destroy ISIS.
So why lie about having a relationship with Putin? Previously he said he had a close relationship, now he says he doesn't know him. Doesn't make him look very trust worthy.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-07-2017, 1:40 PM Reply   
More douchebaggery from Trump, threatens to destroy a senators career who introduced a bill requiring that a suspect be convicted before their assets can be seized, an action he opposed. Bully.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-07-2017, 2:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Suprised you're a math teacher Jeremy. Can you not realize we can't supply jobs for the people we have in this country already? How many people can you take in your own home and support! How many before you're all living in poverty? It's just basic math. All Trump is trying to do is get the country back in balance so everyone can have a job.
What about my previous post makes you want to bring up this? I mentioned nothing about immigration.

Anyhoo, I don't know why I am going into this, but here I go. cwb, when you look in the classifieds, do you not see company's wanting to hire? I live in Chattanooga, a town of less than 200,000 people, but there are plenty of jobs in this city. If I was going to be upset about illegal immigration, then that would have to be because there were no jobs available. You seem to believe that there are no jobs available because evil Mexicans have come and taken them all. Well, why are there so many jobs available in Chattanooga, which is seeing an increase in Latin population? Shouldn't they all be gone due to the illegal immigrants? The point is, there are lazy effing people in this country that don't want to work and there always will be. If they deport every illegal in this country, there will still be the unemployed.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-07-2017, 2:25 PM Reply   
US unemployment rate is around 5%. That is pretty much as low as most economy's go, the 5% is made up from people transitioning from job to job and drop kicks who can't/won't work. Making US great again isn't going to be achieved by adding more jobs.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-07-2017, 2:43 PM Reply   
The rate you are quoting is the "unemployment payment takers" rate. It indicates the number of people who have lost their jobs in the short term (last year). It fails to indicate the number of people unemployed beyond the benefit timeout. It also fails to indicate the number of people who are underemployed in crap jobs. It also fails to indicate the lack of wage increase due to access to unfair cheap labor. Jeeze, i am sounding like a democrat. Nope, i am a centrist who wants what is good for America.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-07-2017, 2:53 PM Reply   
Your talking about the immigration ban as if it is about unemployment. if that is the case they should say that, they are saying however that it is about safety. That is BS.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-07-2017, 2:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
The rate you are quoting is the "unemployment payment takers" rate. It indicates the number of people who have lost their jobs in the short term (last year). It fails to indicate the number of people unemployed beyond the benefit timeout. It also fails to indicate the number of people who are underemployed in crap jobs. It also fails to indicate the lack of wage increase due to access to unfair cheap labor. Jeeze, i am sounding like a democrat. Nope, i am a centrist who wants what is good for America.
actually, NO, it's called the unemployment rate and its prepared by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. You can find it here: https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

Not sure where the statistic you want to see measured is measured (i.e. the "I'm a barista with $200k in student loans from xavier" index), but I don't think it's actually a "thing" that is and has been measured the same way for decades upon decades over many different presidents.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-07-2017, 3:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
The odds of being struck by lightning are exponentially higher than being killed by a terrorist.

Okay, now you are saying that Obama has "deported more people". A couple of months ago, you and your ilk were saying that Obama supported open borders. Which one is it?

Lightning is not attributed to human actions. Terrorists on the other hand choose who they kill -your analogy sucks and it doesn't account for the growing amount of terrorism across the world... in fact its ignoring all the people who've lost their lives to it. The irony is the Pretty much the same people out protesting the president every other day are the very ones hes actually protecting the most.. our western ideology that gives women rights, gay rights , freedom of speech, religious freedom and equality are exactly what those countries do not have. The terrorists within them want to stop us from having
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-07-2017, 3:23 PM Reply   
Middle east temporary travel ban is about safety.
Mexico wall is about safety and employment.
Trade is about employment.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-07-2017, 3:41 PM Reply   
Wes: you asked about Trumps son spending 100k of taxpayer money. First off I have no proof anything of what your taking about is true, but let's just say it is. Yes waste is waste. No mater what side you support. But what they spent so calld money on is up for debate.

Here is a example of TRUE waste:
What do you think about the government paying for Chelsy Manning's Sex change while in prision for Treason! That right while in jail for wiki leeks information leaks and in Jail tax payers footed the bill so He could become a She!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-07-2017, 3:46 PM Reply   
Grant, there's no proof anything you're saying is true. Clearly you'll need to go inspect the goods for yourself. Look forward to your eyewitness report.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-07-2017, 4:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Wes: you asked about Trumps son spending 100k of taxpayer money. First off I have no proof anything of what your taking about is true, but let's just say it is. Yes waste is waste. No mater what side you support. But what they spent so calld money on is up for debate.

Here is a example of TRUE waste:
What do you think about the government paying for Chelsy Manning's Sex change while in prision for Treason! That right while in jail for wiki leeks information leaks and in Jail tax payers footed the bill so He could become a She!
G what is your opinion on the immigrant first lady spending an extra $400k per day on protection because she chooses to live in new York rather than the white house as is customary. Before you answer just recall what you thought about Obamas grand mother....
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-07-2017, 4:51 PM Reply   
Looking very presidential today...

Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-07-2017, 4:54 PM Reply   
I started to write a long explanation of why the confirmation of our new secretary of education was going to ruin this country but F' it. If I knew I could buy a cabinet post I would have saved up for that secretary of agriculture position I've been eyeing.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-07-2017, 8:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
What about my previous post makes you want to bring up this? I mentioned nothing about immigration.

Anyhoo, I don't know why I am going into this, but here I go. cwb, when you look in the classifieds, do you not see company's wanting to hire? I live in Chattanooga, a town of less than 200,000 people, but there are plenty of jobs in this city. If I was going to be upset about illegal immigration, then that would have to be because there were no jobs available. You seem to believe that there are no jobs available because evil Mexicans have come and taken them all. Well, why are there so many jobs available in Chattanooga, which is seeing an increase in Latin population? Shouldn't they all be gone due to the illegal immigrants? The point is, there are lazy effing people in this country that don't want to work and there always will be. If they deport every illegal in this country, there will still be the unemployed.
Here's some clarification. Job = living wages, I like Mexicans ,alot of Mexicans worked on building my house. They worked hard and did excellent work. The problem I have is illegal aliens,emphasis on the illegal, living off my taxes without contributing any taxes themselves. These people can be of many races.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-07-2017, 8:54 PM Reply   
Robert, how do those illegal aliens not contribute "any taxes themselves." Do they buy gas without paying tax? Goods at the store? Do their landlords not pay property taxes?

If you are worried about people being paid cash under the table and not paying taxes on their income, shut down the employers.

(cash income to avoid taxes is a time honored strategy among God-fearing natural born Americans too, at least in my experience)
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-07-2017, 10:14 PM Reply   
You obviously are not a carpenter or a cook. Why/how the liberals are fine with illegals taking over entire employment sectors is beyond me. I care about my fellow American while liberals seem to care about everyone else. It really is nationalism vs kumbaya globalist libiots. Or, perhaps it's liberal elitists looking down at the folks that pound nails and cook dinner. And, BTW, I have no issue with a well run legal immigration system that accepts people who will add value to this country.

Regarding Putin. Trump simply wants to use them to take out ISIS and put down Iran. A good idea. Get over it. Obama made a (bad) deal with Iran. Who is worse?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-07-2017, 10:20 PM Reply   
DD was that directed at me? I hope you don't see me as an advocate for or defender of illegal immigration. I was just addressing the logical fallacy that illegals don't pay any taxes. That's just not possible unless they are living off the grid in a completely barter economy.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-07-2017, 11:01 PM Reply   
Ok. Thanks for the clarification.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-07-2017, 11:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Regarding Putin. Trump simply wants to use them to take out ISIS and put down Iran. A good idea. Get over it.
If you say so. Anyway not even close to my point.
For many years Trump said he is friends with Putin and has a great relationship with him. This week he says, he doesn't know him and has no relationship with him and does no business in Russia. I don't care either way but why the lies?
https://youtu.be/OCFgYzf4DV4
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-08-2017, 12:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
What is "short-sighted" about what I posted? We are no more safe today then we were the day before Trump signed his executive order. This thing was signed to appease people that don't know what the hell is going on around the world; the people that live their lives listening to "alternative facts".

Researchers at the Cato institute have determined that Americans have a 1 in 10.9 billion chance of being killed in a terrorist attack committed by an illegal alien on US soil. They also determined that Americans have a 1 in 3.6 billion chance of being killed by a refugee in a terrorist attack committed by a refugee on US soil.
I'll add to this as well since you're of the opinion that low numbers= whats the point.... the ban only affects, at most, 15% of the worlds muslim population and of those only a fraction who actually are traveling here... So why all the kicking and screaming, just wait until the numbers get high enough then we'll listen to your concerns.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-08-2017, 3:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
You obviously are not a carpenter or a cook. Why/how the liberals are fine with illegals taking over entire employment sectors is beyond me. I care about my fellow American while liberals seem to care about everyone else. It really is nationalism vs kumbaya globalist libiots. Or, perhaps it's liberal elitists looking down at the folks that pound nails and cook dinner. And, BTW, I have no issue with a well run legal immigration system that accepts people who will add value to this country.

Regarding Putin. Trump simply wants to use them to take out ISIS and put down Iran. A good idea. Get over it. Obama made a (bad) deal with Iran. Who is worse?
Where has anyone advocated what you are saying? My point was people are blaming illegal aliens for disappearing jobs and I do not see evidence of such claims.

Russia "put down" Iran? When is the last time that Russia has put anyone down?

Last edited by wake77; 02-08-2017 at 4:02 AM.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-08-2017, 9:09 AM Reply   
Apparently, they put down Hillary Clinton...
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-08-2017, 9:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder View Post
apparently, they put down hillary clinton...

win
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-08-2017, 9:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Russia "put down" Iran? When is the last time that Russia has put anyone down?
There's also crimea and chechnya
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-08-2017, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Robert, how do those illegal aliens not contribute "any taxes themselves." Do they buy gas without paying tax? Goods at the store? Do their landlords not pay property taxes?

If you are worried about people being paid cash under the table and not paying taxes on their income, shut down the employers.

(cash income to avoid taxes is a time honored strategy among God-fearing natural born Americans too, at least in my experience)
They don't pay federal income Taxes or State taxes if applicable in their state of residence. It would be easy to enforce on business owners because most illegals are in the trades.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-08-2017, 10:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
They don't pay federal income Taxes or State taxes if applicable in their state of residence. It would be easy to enforce on business owners because most illegals are in the trades.
exactly. shut down the source of the unlawful wages.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-08-2017, 10:32 AM Reply   
WTF is up with trump bitching about Nordstrom dropping Ivanka? Is this not fudementally why we want to President's assets in a blind trust? Do we want the Leader of the Free World complaining about his daughter's business deals?

Is this defensible? At all?

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump

My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom. She is a great person -- always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-08-2017, 11:19 AM Reply   
Alternative fact: Murder rate at 47 year high.
FBI fact: Murder rate at 57 year low.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-08-2017, 11:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Is this defensible? At all?
No. But this is a drop of water in a tidal wave of childishness. Out of last night's tweets i think trying to influence the judiciary is more significant. Or maybe suggesting the only way to make US safe again is to disregard the constitution and due process. So hard to pick just one. Oh well, maybe tomorrow it will be more clear cut which new tweet is more inappropriate.

Last edited by ralph; 02-08-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-08-2017, 12:26 PM Reply   
Bashing Nordstoms for Ivanka -- bad. Bashing judge legislating from the bench -- good.

Trump lacks tact and filter.
Old    deltahoosier            02-08-2017, 12:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
I'm confused. Rod your article is discussing legal immigrants, yes? I didn't see anything about illegal immigration.

Also, based on the articles numbers, we have roughly the same amount money per capita coming back in from Americans working abroad. 5b/2.4m isn't far off 110/43m

If I've misunderstood I apologize
Considering that is money leaving one country (ours). The money leaving to mexico is as great if not greater than their oil income. All money leaving our local economies.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-08-2017, 12:37 PM Reply   
Ralph, do you not recall Obama's "rebuke" of the supreme court at his SOTU speech over Citizens United ruling?
A lot of what Trump is doing very early on in his tenure, the precedent for it has been set by the last 8 yrs. He's just a little more (painfully at times), direct.

Many people, including some who supported Obama, cautioned against the go-it-alone approach of "I've got a pen and a phone" because it set up the exact scenario we have today. It seems like each admin takes it a bit further and a bit further. And to excuse it by saying, "well that's because the republicans wouldn't give him what he wanted" is prima facie hypocritical-on-steroids based on how the dems are acting thus far... only a few weeks into Trump's tenure.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-08-2017, 12:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Considering that is money leaving one country (ours). The money leaving to mexico is as great if not greater than their oil income. All money leaving our local economies.
Who cares? I don't begrudge anyone what crazy BS they spend their money on. Or if they save their money and take it out of the economy. Or send it to grandma back home.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-08-2017, 12:43 PM Reply   
also, regarding Ivanka, yes, it's wrong for him to be weighing in publicly over her business dealings. it's unethical. but not entirely dissimilar to Obama weighing in on: Professor Gates' arrest "I don't have all the facts, but the police acted stupidly" , Treyvon Martin "If i had a son...", or most recently, weighing in on and encouraging the protestors at/after Trump's inauguration.
Old    deltahoosier            02-08-2017, 12:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
What about my previous post makes you want to bring up this? I mentioned nothing about immigration.

Anyhoo, I don't know why I am going into this, but here I go. cwb, when you look in the classifieds, do you not see company's wanting to hire? I live in Chattanooga, a town of less than 200,000 people, but there are plenty of jobs in this city. If I was going to be upset about illegal immigration, then that would have to be because there were no jobs available. You seem to believe that there are no jobs available because evil Mexicans have come and taken them all. Well, why are there so many jobs available in Chattanooga, which is seeing an increase in Latin population? Shouldn't they all be gone due to the illegal immigrants? The point is, there are lazy effing people in this country that don't want to work and there always will be. If they deport every illegal in this country, there will still be the unemployed.
Where I come from we call them democrats.
Old    deltahoosier            02-08-2017, 12:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
WTF is up with trump bitching about Nordstrom dropping Ivanka? Is this not fudementally why we want to President's assets in a blind trust? Do we want the Leader of the Free World complaining about his daughter's business deals?

Is this defensible? At all?

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump

My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom. She is a great person -- always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!
Don't care.......
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-08-2017, 12:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Don't care.......
LOL you sure cared about the Clintons speaking fees (earned out of office). Why don't you care if a sitting President uses his personal influence to enrich his family?
Old    deltahoosier            02-08-2017, 12:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Who cares? I don't begrudge anyone what crazy BS they spend their money on. Or if they save their money and take it out of the economy. Or send it to grandma back home.
You should care because this is money that is not taxed and does not get spent at local businesses which at one time was the democrat parties backbone, the small business owner. That is why the democrats are going to continue to decline. They have abandoned everything that they had previously attached themselves to in the name of internationalism. Once the democrats figure they have stacked the deck with enough illegals to get the votes they need, it will adios to you as well.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-08-2017, 12:56 PM Reply   
Regarding the Ivanka thing, it is not as bad as it seems. She is his daughter and she is working for the POTUS/USA now. Still should leave it alone.
Old    deltahoosier            02-08-2017, 12:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
LOL you sure cared about the Clintons speaking fees (earned out of office). Why don't you care if a sitting President uses his personal influence to enrich his family?
Don't think I cared that much about Clinton's fees. I use it to counter your arguments. Also, it is how you are wanting to frame your belly aching. You choose to see it about enriching his family, I see it as more leftists alienating themselves from middle America by being spiteful.

I don't really care about the topic be I really don't need any more evidence about democrats. I already know how evil and out of touch you all are. You guys are going to go to every fake news site for the next 8 years (and it will be 8 considering you guys will burn down, loot and shoot more people over this which will keep adults elected) and you will post up every fart he ever lets on this thread.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-08-2017, 12:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
She is his daughter and she is working for the POTUS/USA now.
Don't follow -- does this make it better or worse (i.e. more or less defensible) in your view?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-08-2017, 12:58 PM Reply   
How about Melania's law suits filed this week claiming she missed out on a "one-time opportunity" as the first lady to make hundreds of millions this year due to unfavorable press coverage. These people are disgusting.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-08-2017, 1:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Don't think I cared that much about Clinton's fees. I use it to counter your arguments. Also, it is how you are wanting to frame your belly aching. You choose to see it about enriching his family, I see it as more leftists alienating themselves from middle America by being spiteful.

I don't really care about the topic be I really don't need any more evidence about democrats. I already know how evil and out of touch you all are. You guys are going to go to every fake news site for the next 8 years (and it will be 8 considering you guys will burn down, loot and shoot more people over this which will keep adults elected) and you will post up every fart he ever lets on this thread.
LOL yeah that's right there in the hidden chapter of the Communist Manifesto, "get Nordstrom's to drop President's daughter's fashion line."

It's all part of our evil plot Delta! LOLOLOLOL! You can't stop us! Gotta go, there's some lootin and shootin to do!
Old    deltahoosier            02-08-2017, 1:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
LOL yeah that's right there in the hidden chapter of the Communist Manifesto, "get Nordstrom's to drop President's daughter's fashion line."

It's all part of our evil plot Delta! LOLOLOLOL! You can't stop us! Gotta go, there's some lootin and shootin to do!
Just leftist being leftist. What signal are you sending by attacking Trump and his supporters? How many CEO's said that Trump supporters should leave the business? How many stylists have come out and said they will not do the first lady's clothes? Dropping clothing lines? Constantly calling Trump and his supporters names on all these talk shows?

You tell me what this is doing? It is showing me democrats true colors. Always arguing for illegals. Arguing for Islamic refugees to get first in line. Making arguments that hurt middle class workers. Defending rioters and cop killers. Calling anyone with a sane point of view a racists.

You tell me what message that sends to regular middle class people? Democrats don't care because they are hitching their wagons to international money. That is why the coastal areas are hard core democrat where all that international money is flowing and that is why the fly over people are feeling screwed by the democrats.
Old    deltahoosier            02-08-2017, 1:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
LOL yeah that's right there in the hidden chapter of the Communist Manifesto, "get Nordstrom's to drop President's daughter's fashion line."

It's all part of our evil plot Delta! LOLOLOLOL! You can't stop us! Gotta go, there's some lootin and shootin to do!
So what do you think about the college club at University of Central Florida starting a bash Republican fight club where they are learning to fist fight republicans.
Old    deltahoosier            02-08-2017, 1:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
How about Melania's law suits filed this week claiming she missed out on a "one-time opportunity" as the first lady to make hundreds of millions this year due to unfavorable press coverage. These people are disgusting.
Let the law work. Isn't that what you would argue? She already won a defamation lawsuit.

Blogger forced to pay 'substantial sum' to Melania Trump in defamation lawsuit

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...n-lawsuit.html
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-08-2017, 1:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
You tell me what this is doing? It is showing me democrats true colors. Always arguing for illegals. Arguing for Islamic refugees to get first in line. Making arguments that hurt middle class workers. Defending rioters and cop killers. Calling anyone with a sane point of view a racists.
Hmmm you must be good at twister, Delta, to take what I said in complaint over Trump's blatant promotion of his daughter's business, as somehow endorsing cop killing. I must be so brainwashed I can't connect the dots, but thankfully you are here to set me straight. Now I see how Ivanka's fashion line, which is produced in Indonesia, Viet Nam and China, is really helping all middle class workers right here at home.

Thank you, Delta, for your tutelage.

For future reference, is this a good cheat sheet?

Can what I say be perceived as critical of the President in any way?

NO: you're fine.
YES: ENDORSES COP KILLING.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-08-2017, 1:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Let the law work. Isn't that what you would argue? She already won a defamation lawsuit.

Blogger forced to pay 'substantial sum' to Melania Trump in defamation lawsuit

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...n-lawsuit.html
An unfortunate impact of our civil court system is that the wealthy can (and very frequently do) spend an opposing party into settlement.

being "forced to settle" and "winning a defamation lawsuit" are similar but not the same. One indicates abandoning the suit, the other suggests prevailing on the merits.
Old    deltahoosier            02-08-2017, 1:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Hmmm you must be good at twister, Delta, to take what I said in complaint over Trump's blatant promotion of his daughter's business, as somehow endorsing cop killing. I must be so brainwashed I can't connect the dots, but thankfully you are here to set me straight. Now I see how Ivanka's fashion line, which is produced in Indonesia, Viet Nam and China, is really helping all middle class workers right here at home.

Thank you, Delta, for your tutelage.

For future reference, is this a good cheat sheet?

Can what I say be perceived as critical of the President in any way?

NO: you're fine.
YES: ENDORSES COP KILLING.
What is the purpose? Did not see you in every day complaining about Obama's day to day activities? You and the rest literally have addressed every single thing Trump has done or said. At which point will you get tired? I could appreciate if you were consistent but you are not. You and the rest only care about what the president is doing if it not the guy you voted for. I get it, but really. Every single item that is real or fake? This is just like when Bush was in office. Non stop, day in and day out.

Does Trump sticking up for his daughter really bother you that much? I am pretty sure it doesn't. you would not even know about it if someone didn't tell you he said it. I don't care that her clothing line is produced elsewhere. Why don't I care? Because that is the way the game was set up. Change the laws so that can not happen. That is the whole point for ALL OF THIS. People are tired of the laws written to hurt Americans. Especially the working class. People are smart enough to know that money will flow the path of least resistance. They know how that path was set. That is why you have Trump.

On the lines of good and bad. It is getting to the point that if you pull that "D" lever, you are going to be put in that box. The people who vote with you are becoming detestably evil. They are violent. They are liars. They are following a playbook. That is why traditional democrat strongholds are moving on from them. At this point all your talking points are from the hard left. The goal is to constantly put doubt in peoples minds to try and set up for the midterm elections. It is politics 101. You and the rest on here are picking up the talking points and trying to run with them. Almost everything posted on this board in the last couple weeks are nothing that you would even know about if someone did not feed you the narrative.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-08-2017, 1:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Alternative fact: Murder rate at 47 year high.
FBI fact: Murder rate at 57 year low.
The murder rate factoid he dropped is actually a fact. The key words missing were "the murder rate of major urban areas". The left when challenging that statement also failed to do their homework.
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:46 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us