Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-12-2017, 3:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Do you guys think we should hold the Media to a higher standard?
Definitely.

We should also hold the President to a higher standard
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-12-2017, 4:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
It is what you call a smear campaign. One outlet says something about it, then the next reports on the first outlets report. The details do not matter as the real intent is to start the rumors and get that to be the topic.

Harry Reed did that to someone in congress. Said he heard such and such, and the news started to report the rumor that Harry Reed heard such and such. Reed had made it up on the spot. Old tactic.
Cool story bro. This is about an official CIA document from an intelligence briefing so the circumstances are a bit different from dear old Harry.

I don't see what the whoharr is all about, his supporters don't seem to be that bothered even if the details are true.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-12-2017, 4:05 PM Reply   
Ya and Obama's mother in law is getting a hundred thousand dollar pension for the rest of her life right Grant? Ya'll are being ridiculous hypocritical crybabies when it comes to Drumpf.

Wakemitch ftw
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-12-2017, 4:06 PM Reply   
Obama! He's not even American!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-12-2017, 5:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Obama's mother in law is getting a hundred thousand dollar pension for the rest of her life right,
Wes that's not right, That's way to much money after all she is the girls grandmother, SHAME! on "Grandma O" LOL LOL LOL
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-12-2017, 6:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Cool story bro. This is about an official CIA document from an intelligence briefing so the circumstances are a bit different from dear old Harry.

I don't see what the whoharr is all about, his supporters don't seem to be that bothered even if the details are true.
Worthless side question; What is "whoharr"? Did you mean "hooha"?
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       01-12-2017, 7:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Do you guys think we should hold the Media to a higher standard? The "click bate" style of Media these days When is NBC gonna bring back Brian Williams
110% I do!

I had dinner with a former journalist from the Tribune a few weeks ago and were discussing VICE compared to CNN's & Fox's of the world. He explained that before print started dying off every news outlet had position called an Ombudsmen. It was the Ombudsmen job to critique, fact check and complaint from the readers. It was designed to keep the media balanced and "news worthy". These positions were contractually protected from any repercussions from their work or even bribes to sway it. If a journalist wrote a bull**** piece, the following day the Ombudsmen would publish an expose on why it's bull****. To date none of the network news channels, or VICE for that matter, employee an Ombudsmen.

The NY Times is here: https://www.nytimes.com/column/the-public-editor

Only a couple of other print publications do, can you guess which ones?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-12-2017, 7:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Worthless side question; What is "whoharr"? Did you mean "hooha"?
Oh yeah, ha ha I'm a spoon
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-12-2017, 11:10 PM Reply   
I just figured it was the way you pronounced it down there. What's a spoon?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-12-2017, 11:31 PM Reply   
Like the village idiot
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-13-2017, 6:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
110% I do!

I had dinner with a former journalist from the Tribune a few weeks ago and were discussing VICE compared to CNN's & Fox's of the world. He explained that before print started dying off every news outlet had position called an Ombudsmen. It was the Ombudsmen job to critique, fact check and complaint from the readers. It was designed to keep the media balanced and "news worthy". These positions were contractually protected from any repercussions from their work or even bribes to sway it. If a journalist wrote a bull**** piece, the following day the Ombudsmen would publish an expose on why it's bull****. To date none of the network news channels, or VICE for that matter, employee an Ombudsmen.

The NY Times is here: https://www.nytimes.com/column/the-public-editor

Only a couple of other print publications do, can you guess which ones?
Well, I read as much from them as I listen, though not a traditional print pub: http://www.npr.org/sections/ombudsman/
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-13-2017, 9:24 AM Reply   
So, would Geraldo and Juan Williams qualify as ombudsmen on Fox? Seems like they would. Fox has others too, but I can't think of their names right now.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-13-2017, 9:25 AM Reply   
Why was it ok to report allegations Obama was Kenyan but not the more credible allegation that Trump is a pee pervert?
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-13-2017, 10:13 AM Reply   
^^^When did CNN report that Obama is Kenyan? I must have missed that.
Old    deltahoosier            01-13-2017, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Cool story bro. This is about an official CIA document from an intelligence briefing so the circumstances are a bit different from dear old Harry.

I don't see what the whoharr is all about, his supporters don't seem to be that bothered even if the details are true.
Not much of a story. It is simply a smear campaign. Even CNN is turning on Buzzfeed about this and the story lost any legs by Wednesday. SO...... What is there to even talk about?
Old    deltahoosier            01-13-2017, 10:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Like the village idiot
Pretty cool how you are fluent in two languages....
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-13-2017, 10:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder View Post
^^^When did CNN report that Obama is Kenyan? I must have missed that.
"Fox Promotes Birther Myth In At Least 52 Segments"
http://mediamatters.org/research/201...east-52/179060
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-13-2017, 11:44 AM Reply   
Seeing how we are talking about Barry and his birth certificate. Stupid question here: but how come Obama didn't simply produce a birth certificate right away and silence everyone. This is just me talking but I don't think it's a offensive question and I would have no problem showing it if I was an ellected official where being a us citizen is a requirement

Last edited by grant_west; 01-13-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-13-2017, 12:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Seeing how we are talking about Barry and his birth certificate. Stupid question here: but how come Obama didn't simply produce a birth certificate right away and silence everyone. This is just me talking but I don't think it's a offensive question and I would have no problem showing it if I was an ellected official where being a us citizen is a requirement

There's a bunch of info here on this: https://www.quora.com/Why-did-Presid...th-certificate.

Basically, he already released the short form (like previous Presidents) in 2008, so why play into the hands of crackpots like Trump? No matter how much evidence was provided, some people just aren't interested in looking at it or listening.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-13-2017, 12:35 PM Reply   
Even after he produced it, Trump still tweeted that it was a fake.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-13-2017, 1:39 PM Reply   
I'm sure it was Russian hackers that messed with the birth certificate
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       01-13-2017, 2:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Seeing how we are talking about Barry and his birth certificate. Stupid question here: but how come Obama didn't simply produce a birth certificate right away and silence everyone. This is just me talking but I don't think it's a offensive question and I would have no problem showing it if I was an ellected official where being a us citizen is a requirement
This one is pretty simple. When you're president of the US, the scope of your problems is bigger than a few *******s asking for a birth cert. It would be a full time job to keep up with all the conspiracies.

In other news, did you see the Dems put up amendment to keep healthcare for veterans. and the republicans shot it down?
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       01-13-2017, 3:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
So, would Geraldo and Juan Williams qualify as ombudsmen on Fox? Seems like they would. Fox has others too, but I can't think of their names right now.
No, not quite. Geraldo and Juan Willams are paid political analyst, aka: talking heads. Just like Kayleigh McEnany and Jeffery Lords on CNN. There on air to give the perception of a different view point and make the reporting seem more moderate. The Ombudsman fields complaints from the public over investigative journalism.

Hypothetical would be if a journalist ran a report about voter fraud in your hometown. After the article is published if you didn't agree with it and/or had conflicting evidence you could call or email and the Ombudsman would then investigate your claim. If the original story is found to be bull****, they would publish their findings and why the story is inaccurate.

NPR: http://www.npr.org/sections/ombudsman/
NY Times: https://www.nytimes.com/column/the-public-editor
ESPN: http://www.espn.com/blog/ombudsman
Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/peopl...=.b4f868dcd9c5

@Grant and others who are pissed about Buzzfeed, you may want to check out the latest from Post Ombudsman titled "Why Buzzfeed crossed the line with Trump..."
Old    deltahoosier            01-13-2017, 3:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
This one is pretty simple. When you're president of the US, the scope of your problems is bigger than a few *******s asking for a birth cert. It would be a full time job to keep up with all the conspiracies.

In other news, did you see the Dems put up amendment to keep healthcare for veterans. and the republicans shot it down?
I don't trust single issue votes and the meaning of a rejection of them. Usually there is other riders on them or the bill may be redundant to what the Republicans are going to do. They are usually put out there so one party can say the other party voted to kill kittens.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-13-2017, 4:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Seeing how we are talking about Barry and his birth certificate. Stupid question here: but how come Obama didn't simply produce a birth certificate right away and silence everyone.
He wanted the stupid people to come forth and demonstrate their ignorance. Mission accomplished.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-13-2017, 4:51 PM Reply   
OK the GOP is now talking about killing Net Neutrality. How is any sane person against Net Neutrality unless they are bought out by Comcast? Any republicans want to answer this?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-13-2017, 5:25 PM Reply   
Rumor on twitter is penthouse has offered $1M for the weewee video and has recieve a copy and is having it reviewed for authenticity. God I hope not, that's something you could never unsee.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-13-2017, 5:29 PM Reply   
I think i might have weewee'd myself a bit after watching this: Life accordion to trump

https://youtu.be/S65jqrHQi_c
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-13-2017, 5:32 PM Reply   
HA that's great

Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-13-2017, 6:44 PM Reply   
OK, that's awesome!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-13-2017, 6:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
I think i might have weewee'd myself a bit after watching this: Life accordion to trump

https://youtu.be/S65jqrHQi_c
Funny!
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-16-2017, 10:28 AM Reply   
Putin just legalized beating your wife and kids. This is the guy that Trump admires as a leader...
Old    deltahoosier            01-18-2017, 12:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Putin just legalized beating your wife and kids. This is the guy that Trump admires as a leader...
You mean like Margaret Sanger who Hillary directly said was a hero of hers? You know the one who wanted to use abortion to help stamp out those black people (weeds in her terms).
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-18-2017, 1:21 PM Reply   
and like the Muslim brotherhood, whom Obama gave millions to....
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-18-2017, 1:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
and like the Muslim brotherhood, whom Obama gave millions to....
I expect this kind of horsesh*t from Grant, but not from you Cliff.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-18-2017, 1:41 PM Reply   
Ooooo look someone else who criticizes trump and is also no good at their job. The correlation is uncanny! Except in this case he wasn't even writing about trump. Still terrible at his job tho.
Attached Images
 
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-18-2017, 2:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
You mean like Margaret Sanger who Hillary directly said was a hero of hers? You know the one who wanted to use abortion to help stamp out those black people (weeds in her terms).
I'd never heard of Margaret Sanger until you brought her up. Doing a quick reading up on her and I have to say other than the CRAZY RACISM, she makes some good points. Every problem we face in the world today can be made better by less people. pollution- less people, crime- less people, feed the hungry - less people = less hungry. Birth control and abortion makes the world a better place!


The guys at Freakonomics have even statistically proven that Abortion leads to less crime 16 years down the line.

http://freakonomics.com/2005/05/15/a...d-you-believe/

As far as the racism goes... look into Henry Ford, Tomas Edison, Walt Disney, and pretty much everyone from that era.

I will now gloss over the Crazed Hypocrisy of a Trump supporter saying that Hillary is racist. (not that I give a crap because its entirely her fault that we now have the stupid-orange small handed thin skinned menace as President )

"More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." - Margaret Sanger

I'd pass a law that says anyone on welfare gets mandatory birth control and abortions. If you can't take care of yourself you can't take care of a child. Of course on this webpage I get called lib-tard on a regular basis?!?!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-18-2017, 3:18 PM Reply   
Oh no, liberal off the rails, we need an intervention.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-19-2017, 9:58 AM Reply   
Plhorn:
Quote:
I'd pass a law that says anyone on welfare gets mandatory birth control and abortions. If you can't take care of yourself you can't take care of a child. Of course on this webpage I get called lib-tard on a regular basis?!?!
Wow this surprised me. If you were at a Libratard rally your ass your get kicked. And btw Libartard is a far nicer word then "Racist" is what you would be called if you said that statement out in the real world. I agree with you 100% "Can't feed um, Don't breed em!"

Imagin if a public official (ellected politician) took on these views or made that statement. OMG say good By to your political career. Forget the fact that it's a inconvenient truth, don't let that little item get in the way of pushing the rights adgenda. Create or Import, impoverished people to keep them ellected in office.
Old    deltahoosier            01-19-2017, 10:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
I'd never heard of Margaret Sanger until you brought her up. Doing a quick reading up on her and I have to say other than the CRAZY RACISM, she makes some good points. Every problem we face in the world today can be made better by less people. pollution- less people, crime- less people, feed the hungry - less people = less hungry. Birth control and abortion makes the world a better place!


The guys at Freakonomics have even statistically proven that Abortion leads to less crime 16 years down the line.

http://freakonomics.com/2005/05/15/a...d-you-believe/

As far as the racism goes... look into Henry Ford, Tomas Edison, Walt Disney, and pretty much everyone from that era.

I will now gloss over the Crazed Hypocrisy of a Trump supporter saying that Hillary is racist. (not that I give a crap because its entirely her fault that we now have the stupid-orange small handed thin skinned menace as President )

"More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." - Margaret Sanger

I'd pass a law that says anyone on welfare gets mandatory birth control and abortions. If you can't take care of yourself you can't take care of a child. Of course on this webpage I get called lib-tard on a regular basis?!?!
I am pleased you looked her up. I think the word you may be looking for is fascist to describe your point of view and honestly, many of the democrats support this thinking. That is why the abortion industry was set up in poor areas and especially in the black communities. That is why I say (and others) that the democrat party never rejected their racist past. They only morphed it. BTW, being poor is not a crime. If it was, I should have be murdered.

Also, yes all those people you mentioned and more made what would be racist comments but I don't think they fought to have a industry to snuff out races of people.

Hate to say it, if you took her name out of it and said that this talk came from a European male from the 1930's, who would you think said these words?

Last edited by deltahoosier; 01-19-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-19-2017, 11:32 AM Reply   
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-19-2017, 11:35 AM Reply   
This is painful to watch at moments
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-20-2017, 9:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
That is why the abortion industry was set up in poor areas and especially in the black communities.
The abortion industry was set up in poor areas because rich people could buy birth control and afford to go to Europe to take care of their abortion needs. Religious nutjobs who spent their time pushing their archaic beliefs on others is why this is a problem in the first place.
As an Anti-abortionist nutjob yourself you should love this woman. She provided birth control to the masses which is the best way to stop abortions. (but that is probably against your religion too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Hate to say it, if you took her name out of it and said that this talk came from a European male from the 1930's, who would you think said these words?
Ah the Hitler reference, the last call of the truly desperate.

I would think that she was as racist as everyone in the 20's but looked past that to provide basic health care in the form of birth control to society giving women an opportunity to control their lives and bodies over the screams of the religious right who instead of trying to help people, spent their time looking down their noses everyone who didn't have the same superstition in the idiotic belief that their god was the right god and that heaven waits for them.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-20-2017, 10:26 AM Reply   
Holly Crap! Trump just gave the what I think was the most AWESOME speech. Loved it. Very proud to be a American today.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-20-2017, 11:36 AM Reply   
Tremendous turnout. Believe me, it was fantastic. Don't believe the fake news that it was 80% less than that other fella. They are terrible at there job. Sad.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-20-2017, 11:50 AM Reply   
Photos lie bigly. Photoshop for sure, trust me.
Attached Images
 
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-20-2017, 12:01 PM Reply   
Name:  vote.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  52.9 KB
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-20-2017, 12:02 PM Reply   
^^^^LOL^^^^^^

Some people were not feeling Trumps speech LoL look at Jo's Face.
Attached Images
 
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-20-2017, 12:27 PM Reply   
Looks like Joe is imitating Trump.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-20-2017, 12:35 PM Reply   
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-20-2017, 12:41 PM Reply   
at least he stayed true to his message and didn't puss out and give a "come together" sort of unifying speech. He's sticking to his nationalist / protectionist message, that's for sure. Glad you liked it G. As the OP in this thread, you were definitely in on the ground floor!

He's not my guy but he's my president now.

The moment of the whole thing for me was seeing Pence right after he took the oath. Clearly very humbled / a little broken up (i.e. human!).
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-20-2017, 12:43 PM Reply   
LOL, yes your right or the other way around?

I don't know if his first speech was Supposed to be some candy coated "we shall all over come" Speech you know one of those ones that you forget it as soon as they are finished saying it but that's NOT what stuck with me.

A few things he said I really liked.


We’ve defended other nation’s borders while refusing to defend our own;

When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice.

It is time to remember that old wisdom our soldiers will never forget: that whether we are black or brown or white, we all bleed the same red blood of patriots, we all enjoy the same glorious freedoms, and we all salute the same great American Flag.

We will be protected by the great men and women of our military and law enforcement and, most importantly, we are protected by God.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-20-2017, 12:53 PM Reply   
I'm not a religious person but I get and respect the god reference.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-20-2017, 12:54 PM Reply   
"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice."

I know, right? Good thing that there are so many historical examples of the truth of this statement. I mean everyone knows the reason the south really lost was that they weren't properly patriotic to the confederacy.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-20-2017, 1:07 PM Reply   
... and now that I think about it, doesn't that really impugn the patriotism of The Greatest GenerationTM in WWII? That segregated military must have been pretty unpatriotic...
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-20-2017, 3:06 PM Reply   
riots from the left.

It's a great day now that what's his name is gone

history will show what a disaster he was
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-20-2017, 6:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo8290 View Post
Call that man a waaaambulance! Ha ha, Americans are so dramatic
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-20-2017, 6:49 PM Reply   
Hmmmm


Can someone point me to the riots and mayhem
That occurred when Obama took office? TWICE?







Because in less than 24hrs DC ,Chicago , and San Fran are erupting in mayhem. That's that tolerance showing through from the left .
Remember all those calls from the left way back when Obummer was elected for patience and respect for the elected Commander in Chief? Oh yea. That only applies to the other side apparently
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       01-20-2017, 8:06 PM Reply   
The biggest cool factor for me is how we will rebuild our nation and military all while paying down the debt... the left just can't handle a straight, good and true solution so they freak out. I'm loving it. I'm not sure which one more tho... our great nation back on track or the lefts reaction!!
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       01-20-2017, 8:08 PM Reply   
Hey, BTW what happened to all the lefts that said they would move to a new country if Trump was elected? Have they left yet?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-20-2017, 8:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
The biggest cool factor for me is how we will rebuild our nation and military all while paying down the debt... the left just can't handle a straight, good and true solution so they freak out. I'm loving it. I'm not sure which one more tho... our great nation back on track or the lefts reaction!!
Indeed very cool trick. I hope he is using a calculator and not those tiny fingers to balance the books or else you are in bigly trouble.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-20-2017, 8:19 PM Reply   
Yes common sence seems to be showing signs of making a comeback. I hope trump can get it done. When Trump makes statements like "Why are we Giving Money to Saudi Arabia" they have more money then they know what to do with But we are giving aid to them "WHY". And here is another one "Japan can Pay the cost to have us protect them" another Dhuuuu! Why are giving having to bare the cost to protect Japan. Japan has plenty of money they can pay up. These types of one sided deals The US has had to be on the loosing side of I HOPE are over. We will see.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-21-2017, 9:36 AM Reply   
One year of US welfare to Israel would buy all 60K of those homeless vets a $65K home. Remember when the right cooped the plight of homeless vets to justify not helping Syrian refugees? Puts a little perspective on their self-righteous bulls**t when they'd rather send taxpayer money to Israel than help homeless vets doesn't it?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-21-2017, 10:10 AM Reply   
It is increasingly more and more difficult to avoid responding to some of the liberal dribble that is posted on social media.
I read some friends and families posts on facebook and just have to shake my head.

For eight years, We have all read and heard the left shouting about acceptance, support, patience and other traits that the right should practice. The right has been called names, accused of fear mongering, hatred....etc.

Now the left is doing it and many are accompanying it with violence, disruptive protests, threats.....ect.

It makes me mad.....makes me shake my head......it's even had me unfriend a family member or two.

After Jeremy (I think) accused me of having false anger....hatred, I really evaluated what it was that I was angry about. It was then, that I decided to make a genuine effort to not join in.

It's tough

Two things in life really get my goat.
the underdog, or little guy getting picked on or run over
and
hypocrisy

The kicker in this case, is that Trump isn't really a republican......
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-21-2017, 11:23 AM Reply   
These protests are doing my head in.
A. Did all these people vote?
B. Do they want to live in a democracy or not?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-21-2017, 11:38 AM Reply   
Ralph: I think many of these people live in a Echo chamber (A place where one view is shouted and religiously practiced) these "supposed free thinkers", and people taught to practice tollarance are the least tollarant of others not like them Example if your like them then they practice what they preach. But if your not like them then look out. The same can be said about people that shout out "racist" at every thing they are the biggest most prediuce people because they them selfs are racist, and judgmental. Here is a quote out of trumps speech

"We must speak our minds openly, debate our disagreements honestly, but always pursue solidarity"
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-21-2017, 11:45 AM Reply   
Yes, that is a nice line but the don doesn't seem to practise that on his twitter feed.
Also "When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." Is complete rubbish, patriotism is a form of prejudice.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-21-2017, 11:56 AM Reply   
most one liners from politicians are rubbish
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-21-2017, 12:39 PM Reply   
"Patriotism is a form of prejudice" Ralph I respectfully disagree. When people from other cultures and countries move to this country and intergrate they become Americans.. on our currency it say's "E pluribus unum" please answer honestly with out looking it up Do you know what "E pluribus unum" translation is?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-21-2017, 12:44 PM Reply   
[QUOTE][most one liners from politicians are rubbish/QUOTE]
I agree: "Hope & Change" "Yes we Can"= rubbish
"Ask Not what can your county do for you" and "judge a man for the content of his character not the color of his skin" NOT Rubbish. Brilliant
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-21-2017, 1:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
"Patriotism is a form of prejudice" Ralph I respectfully disagree. When people from other cultures and countries move to this country and intergrate they become Americans.. on our currency it say's "E pluribus unum" please answer honestly with out looking it up Do you know what "E pluribus unum" translation is?
No i didn't know so looked it up. All I'm saying if you value the rights and needs of one group of people over another then that is a prejudice, it's all a matter of scale, starts with the individual and expands from there, family, neighborhood, city, state, country, race, religion, species, world. It's natural to think in these terms, sport celebrates it. I think it is genetically wired in to us as a survival strategy banding together makes survival more likely in high stress enviroments.

In the case Patriotism you value Americans over the rest of the world. I'm not saying it is right or wrong I'm just pointing it out for what it is. When it is done well then it can make wonderful things happen, when mixed with fear and hate it can cause wars and genocide. But it's always good to ask yourself, why is it ok to value your country man to have a higher value than someone from elsewhere but it's not ok to do the same for race or religion?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-21-2017, 2:54 PM Reply   
E Pluribus Unum

"From Many we become one" originally the meaning applied to, the many different colonies comming together to become one "United States of America". Then it was adopted to refferance the many different cultures migrating to the US and becoming one.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_pluribus_unum

In my opinion "E Pluribus Unum" is the definition of Patriotism. Nothing wrong with everyone joining the same team. It seemd to work in the US for a very long time until they took the globalization approach. American values seemed to take a back seat to other people's cultures and slowly But surely we are where we are today.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-22-2017, 4:30 PM Reply   
So turns ok he was just kidding about releasing those tax returns after the audit was completed. Quite the jokester that Donald.
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/poli...dviser-n710511
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-22-2017, 4:31 PM Reply   
So turns ok he was just kidding about releasing those tax returns after the audit was completed. Quite the jokester that Donald.
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/poli...dviser-n710511
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-22-2017, 4:40 PM Reply   
NEWFLASH: lying dirtbag lies again
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-22-2017, 5:02 PM Reply   
911 Operator: "911?"..... Me: "um...yeah...can we get a waaambulance to NZ and Hawaii stat?" "Do your waaambunlances contain Play Doh?"... "Please hurry!"
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-22-2017, 5:03 PM Reply   
Bahahaha!!!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-22-2017, 5:45 PM Reply   
Just read this:
Know the signs, spot the symptoms and save a life. Do you know someone suffering from Trump Unacceptance Resistance Disorder (TURD)? TURD is a pattern of pathologically dissociative and psychotic behavior, first observed in the late hours of November 8th 2016, and increasing in severity with passing time.

Sufferers of TURD often exhibit pronounced cognitive dissonance, sudden bouts of childlike rage, rioting and uncontrollable crying.

People with TURD are characterized by a persistent unwillingness to accept that Donald Trump is going to Make America Great Again.

TURD is caused by the election of Donald Trump as POTUS. For many, both in America and worldwide, this was a shocking and unexpected outcome; their preferred news sources having failed to inform them that the alternative candidate was a criminal parasite in such ill health, she got chucked into the back of a van like a kidnap victim.

Research is ongoing, but TURD appears to correlate closely with the following environmental and behavioral factors:
Membership in the Democratic Party
Identifying as a feminist
Currently enrolled in college, and or possession of a liberal arts college degree
Living in a densely populated metropolitan area
Massive student debt
Spotty or non-existent work history

Patients with TURD are very resistant to treatment and dangerous in large groups. Any possibility of treatment requires that they be separated from their hive-mind support apparatus; they cannot begin the process of accepting reality in the presence of encouragement towards delusion and irrationality. Separation may require assistance of law enforcement.

If you have a friend or loved one suffering from TURD, urge them to seek treatment. Together we can beat this scourge. -Ted Nugent
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-22-2017, 6:13 PM Reply   
I haven't had any rage or crying yet but i do have terrible wind
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-22-2017, 6:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
I haven't had any rage or crying yet but i do have terrible wind
God, tell me about it. Been making my wife tear up lately. Can only blame so much on the dog.
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 4:36 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us