Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-21-2012, 8:15 AM Reply   
I'm looking for a Company Recruit (139) or something that rides the same or similar. Not much flex, holds edge really well yet breaks loose without trouble, rides fast/glides through the water (no drag due to useless features commonly present on other boards). Can you say "has loads of pop" or is that a sales gimmick??? That's a different discussion....

Anyone know where I can find one? Any recommendations on something else similar??

Thanks!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-21-2012, 10:41 AM Reply   
slingshot newton or kine for sure...

not ridden the newton yet but ive ridden response, kine, recoil so i can imagine how it would feel.
stiff enough but loose, good kick at the wake (im coming from a ronix 1) and the response was lightning quick
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-21-2012, 11:45 AM Reply   
look at Humanoid Oracle or O'Shea http://humanoidwake.com/blog/products/ very similar
Old     (Delt725)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-21-2012, 11:57 AM Reply   
Ronix Bill
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-21-2012, 1:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexair View Post
look at Humanoid Oracle or O'Shea http://humanoidwake.com/blog/products/ very similar
I rode my buddies Oracle a few months ago. It felt too flexy. Kind of like the Slingshot recoil.

I guess I should've mentioned that I pretty much only ride wake. The Company Recruit has little flex.

simplej: I am leaning toward slingshot but are the Kine & Newton fairly stiff boards? Or do they flex like the Recoil?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-21-2012, 1:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercoon View Post
I rode my buddies Oracle a few months ago. It felt too flexy. Kind of like the Slingshot recoil.

I guess I should've mentioned that I pretty much only ride wake. The Company Recruit has little flex.

simplej: I am leaning toward slingshot but are the Kine & Newton fairly stiff boards? Or do they flex like the Recoil?
ive hand flex the newton, its pretty stiff.... same with the kine, which is super stiff in the belly with a bit more give in the tip and tail. i rode the recoil and found it too flexy as well and loved the kine, definitely check the ballistic series out.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-21-2012, 4:49 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replies. I really wish I could just find another company recruit. I really don't want to go through the trouble of demoing new boards and having to get used to a new set up...
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-24-2012, 1:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercoon View Post
I rode my buddies Oracle a few months ago. It felt too flexy. Kind of like the Slingshot recoil.I guess I should've mentioned that I pretty much only ride wake. The Company Recruit has little flex.
I've rode at both and not agree with you about.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-24-2012, 6:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexair View Post
I've rode at both and not agree with you about.
Okay