Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-13-2005, 9:00 PM Reply   
Looked at the x-80 at the boat show and it was too big and the people said the wake wasn't any good and seeing it at the boat show I was NOT impressed!!My brother likes boats and he is getting into wakeboarding and he seen it and absolutly LOVED it!For months now I been trying to convince him NOT to go for the x-80 and if anything go for x-star cuzz he likes BIG boats so for a SAN or VLX yeah right.
Anyway Mike D. from California skier took me Antbug and Kevin P.(with the bad a$$ x-star)out for a demo...and let me say that anybody that talked crap about this boat etc.wake obviously never got in it or behind it!!The wake looked small but it was only compared to the boat and made me not be scared to go for it!!That wake had incredible pop,I enjoyed it alot!!And as far as interior I liked it alot better on the water then at the boat show.I don't know why It seemed it sat really good in the water.
The other super dope thing about the x-80 was that when you are ready to surf,no need to shift the weight around.If you are a regular rider hit the left engine only and creates a niiice wake for sufring,and if you are a goofy rider hit the right engine,same thing niiice wake and no weight shifting now how dope is that!!!

ALL IN ALL the boat blew me away!!!
M
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       02-13-2005, 9:08 PM Reply   
Man, I'd love to get pulled behind the X-80... Could you imagine the size of the wake if you loaded with some serious ballast, 1000-2000 lbs. over stock system? I bet it'd look like a wall.

Is the wake really wide? That's the only complaint I've ever heard about them, but I've never seen it with my own eyes.

-Blake

(Message edited by blake_hughes on February 13, 2005)
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-14-2005, 12:27 AM Reply   
#$%&^**$^.....i missed it..

how was the rest of the day ?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-14-2005, 7:05 AM Reply   
How was the power?
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-14-2005, 7:24 AM Reply   
HUGE, I say HUGE props to Dan @ California Skier for the opportunity to get to ride in and behind such a great boat. I must say when I first saw the x-80 at the boat show I just considered it a oversize version of the x-star. Man I was not even close. Granted it does have the pickle fork front end and all, but the interior is laid out different and never have to worry about water coming over the front end on the big rollers either. As for the wake, different, alot different than the x-star also. You would think since the boat is so big the wake would be super wide also. On the contrary. The wake has a nice shape and lip to it.
More similar the the x-2, just wider then the x-2, but not as wide as the x-star. Who would have thought. As far as power this particular x-80 had the twin screw power set up( 2 350 hp MCX engines). The tourque almost ripped my arms off on the first pull. So power is definetly not lacking.
So all in all I was very impressed with the boat, and would reccomend one if you need or want alot of space, like big boats and still want a great wake cranking machine. MAN I sound like a salesman..
Anyways, take it from this X-star owner, if you have the means($$$) go get one...Or make someone you know go get one and ride behind there's..
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-14-2005, 7:42 AM Reply   
X80 (in the best Little John voice)YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!

That was one sick a$$ boat. After riding in Kevin's X-Star all day all of us were inpressed

Blake ~ I think the X-Star wake is wider than the X80. It could have been due to the fact that you need to ride a little faster, but the wake (with only stock ballast) was just siiiick. I don't care what MB says. This is the BIGGEST STOCK WAKE PERIOD. Yeah I know it cost $115,000 but is you got the cash.
Mike ~ the rest of the day way just awesome. I don't think I have ever been to Elsinore and it was so nice all day.

Paul ~ With two MCX motors this thing gets right up to plain. When you cut out for a jump there is now way you are pulling the boat. This thing just gets up and goes.

Mad props to California Skier and Mike D. for taking Kevin, Big Ed and I out on this beautiful boat. It was a blast!

Next X45......
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-14-2005, 7:45 AM Reply   
Ant,
R U going to post any pics of yesterday.... To make Joe feel jealous!!!!!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-14-2005, 7:50 AM Reply   
haha hell yeah! I just need to go home and download them off my camara. I got home pretty late last night.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-14-2005, 8:13 AM Reply   
Also wanted to say I had a blast riding with you guys--Mike, Ed, AntBug, Erik. Thanks for a great day !!!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-14-2005, 8:28 AM Reply   
thanks for the pull kevin !! it is always a blast with you guys..

next sunday, my turn ?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-14-2005, 8:39 AM Reply   
Kevin ~ I should be the one thanking you for a great day. Thanks to Erik, Big Ed, Clubmyke and Kevin for a great day at Elsinore. Also it was good to see you Troy, Thane, Erica and Geoff.
Old    michaelvinczii            02-14-2005, 11:25 AM Reply   
I had access to the 2004 X-star and loved it. It took awhile to get teh wake dialed in though. I watched the Mastercraft Rewind video and saw Parks putting a full size sack in each of the four corners of the boat... that gave me an idea and after that the wake was money. Not too steep but Big and Rampy. The only downside to that was that it drank gas like its job, so i still have a bill at the gas station... but the boat is great!
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-14-2005, 11:51 AM Reply   
Hey Michael, you run stock plus 4 500lbs, one in each corner? Do you have problems with nose wanting to dive when slowing or taking water over the front with all the weight upfront?
I have the 04 x-star and run stock plus 2 600lbs
bags in the rear lockers and occasionally a 500 lbs bag in the front walkway. The extra bag upfront changes the wake shape alot, but if people and the extra bag are up front, I have to be real careful with the nose.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-14-2005, 1:12 PM Reply   
Did it have Perfect Pass?

The reason I ask is that I heard that they can't figure one out for it, because of the twin-screw set-up.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-14-2005, 1:49 PM Reply   
Your right Shawn, No Perfect pass available yet.
That proabably was the only drawback. They did say very soon, Perfect Pass is working on it.
$115,000 and no Perfect Pass...
Still a bad ass boat..
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-14-2005, 4:10 PM Reply   
Got to give it up to CALIFORNIA SKIER....BEST SALESMAN AND SERVICE!!SECOND TO NONE!!

Well couple down sides to the x80!!

1)had to ride pretty fast which I loved but for a beginer it wouldn't be that great!approx.24-25mph

2)Gas cunsumption,but if you got the money for x-80,you got the money for the gas also.

3)Like Kevin said no PP but with power like that...almost no need.

Kevin,Mike,Antbug,Eric thanks for a great day guys especially you Kevin with you bad a$$ x-star!Thanks for the pulls!!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-14-2005, 4:30 PM Reply   
yeah it was cool seeing all you guys out there yesterday. Looked like you guys were having a lot of fun. I can't wait 'til I can ride again. We'll all have to get together at Elsi with a couple boats, and just ride all day.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-14-2005, 5:43 PM Reply   
Thane ~ When do you think you'll be able to ride?

Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-14-2005, 5:44 PM Reply   
I'd say 3 weeks, maybe 4, worst case scenario.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-14-2005, 5:51 PM Reply   
That's not too bad I guess,We definetly got to get together and ride!
Old     (liquid1)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-14-2005, 7:20 PM Reply   
I got the chance to ride behind the x-80 last summer, and had many of the same conclussions. They say the take off with 2 mcx's is right with a prostar 190, although without the weight added. I can also tell you that it will drive with just 1 engine just fine (it did pull to the right) Also we added close to 5,000lbs (yeah 5,000)and then 6 guys and it still planned out and threw a cargo ship wake. Somewhere there is video footage of parks hitting DU's behind it with that much weight.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-14-2005, 10:06 PM Reply   
Good to see you guys out there! That X-80 was cool to see with those twin screws. Wish I would have hung around for the demo. Now if we could just get those demo boats to stop doing circles in the middle of the lake.....

Kevin your boat is A1---Special Sauce--!!, looking forward to my turn behind it. (hint)

Thane is such a tree hugger.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-15-2005, 8:25 AM Reply   
Pics
Old     (tidalwake0504)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-15-2005, 1:53 PM Reply   
pics
Old    wickedwake            02-16-2005, 7:08 AM Reply   

X-80 from main page
Old    reddog25cf            02-16-2005, 2:00 PM Reply   
Michael, you still have a bill at PJ's!?!? LOL.... That's hilarious... Also, if you're going to put 4 full sacks in an X Star, make sure the owner of the boat has a friggin clue about wakeboarding... either that or don't let him find out we did it... lol
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-18-2005, 9:28 PM Reply   
sorry these are late. Joe check out that glass you missed

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-18-2005, 9:34 PM Reply   
Big Ed (yeah the one with the X2)

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-18-2005, 9:37 PM Reply   
Me

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-18-2005, 9:40 PM Reply   
Erik

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-18-2005, 9:43 PM Reply   
Clubmyke

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-18-2005, 9:48 PM Reply   
Kevin in his bad a$$ X-Star

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-18-2005, 9:52 PM Reply   
Troy and the best looking SAN arround(love that paint job)

(Message edited by antbug on February 18, 2005)
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-18-2005, 9:56 PM Reply   
another set by Big Ed

Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-18-2005, 9:58 PM Reply   
Ant, Ed, Erik, Mike, looks like all the riding you guys have been doing is paying off. Mike your jumps are lookin' really good. I saw some nice grabs in there from ed and erik, and it looks like ant is riding a 100 foot rope, and going big.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-18-2005, 9:59 PM Reply   
oh yeah and Kevin too.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-18-2005, 10:01 PM Reply   
Thane ~ ROTFLMAO I guess it's my camera and I know how to use it best. Ed is the one takeing pics of me and his is getting a lot better. Good to see you maybe in spring we will ride together.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-18-2005, 10:06 PM Reply   
Thane ~ It's nice that somebody notice the progression,It gives me hope to keep tryin as hard as I can.....You are not just saying that are you.lol
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-18-2005, 10:14 PM Reply   
Progression = Clubmyke

Didn't he just learn to ride this winter and he's charging it now! Go Mike!!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-19-2005, 2:34 AM Reply   
antbug-great pics of great times and riding.

thanks and mucho props to EVERYONE !!!!!
(tyler, ed, antbug, kevin, eric, daniel, joe, geoff,and blake..did i miss anyone?) for helping out a major newbie

it has been great to see EVERYONE progress(kevin pulled 2 backrolls last time out)

looking forward to good times/great rides and days ahead.

(Message edited by clubmyke on February 19, 2005)
Old    blue_malibu            03-08-2005, 7:43 PM Reply   
X-Star or X-80.. which one should i get?