Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-05-2009, 5:50 AM Reply   
Here is a smoking deal that I stumbled across and I hope some fellow WakeWorlders will take advantage of it. It's almost a $60 savings.

We bought a new boat this year and had to go through the whole registration process which requires getting registration numbers made. On our old boat we had the folks over at www.domednumbers.com make us a set and boy did they look nice. Well I wanted the same numbers for the new ride without the $90 price tag. After a little searching, I found a company called 3D Letters that has an ebay store and by using the ebay store you can save some serious cash.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Domed-Numbers-3D-Lettering__W0QQ_armrsZ1

The color selections are little more limited than what you get if you pay the full price, but hey to save $60 I will deal with it. Hope this helps you all out, even if you don't have a new boat, you may want to add some fancy ones to your old ride. Will post pix when I get them in and installed, hopefully they will be the same quality.

(Message edited by jmuthafnp on June 05, 2009)
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-05-2009, 6:39 AM Reply   
Just put those on my boat last night, had the domednumbers on my last boat. While they aren't quite as nice as the domednumbers they are nice enough. They aren't as thick as domed numbers, you can tell they aren't quite the quality of domednumbers also. But hey they are just registration numbers and unless you're close and looking I doubt you could tell the difference. I would say they are the next best thing to the domed numbers.

I will say that I talked to the guy at 3dlettering and he was super cool and easy to get ahold of.

I only saved $40 by going with these, not sure how much you payed for your domed numbers.

(Message edited by 05mobiuslsv on June 05, 2009)
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-05-2009, 6:50 AM Reply   
With the old boat, from domed numbers I paid $96 with shipping. From these guys, I used buy it now for $39.99 and $4 for shipping. $52 savings. In this day an age that is a good chunk of change towards a tank of gas for a day's worth of riding.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-05-2009, 6:55 AM Reply   
Besides you are going to need the money to pay to have all of your ballast removed
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-05-2009, 6:56 AM Reply   
I sent domednumbers and email, never got a response, are the still in business?? i will look into to 3dlettering. can they mathc fonts like the mastercraft font??
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-05-2009, 7:01 AM Reply   
You will have to look through their store, but yes they do have one that matches the Mastercraft font, which are the ones I also ordered.

I have a back up plan Kevin. I'm not worried, you guys aren't getting rid of me that easily. Want to ride Sunday morning early?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-05-2009, 7:17 AM Reply   
I Would love to ride but this time of year we are all tied up with the ski club thanks for the offer!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-05-2009, 7:28 AM Reply   
Call the guy, he offers two types on there right now. He told me on the phone that the one I ordred was a better match for Malibu and that the other was for MC and CC.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       06-05-2009, 7:06 PM Reply   
I just put a set on my boat last weekend. I'm really happy with them. The guys @ 3D are great to work with too. Mine were 48 shipped to my door.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jasonba1)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-05-2009, 7:12 PM Reply   
I actually , just put those same one on my boat today very impressed for the money and I ordered them on monday they are in calif. and received them on wed to Tn very fast shipping great to work with. I didnt go through ebay I got there number from the ebay site and called them direct
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-05-2009, 7:30 PM Reply   
It's funny, when I bought my boat almost 2 yrs ago we saw the same ad on Ebay. I bought a set myself. They look great. Excellent quality.

At the time I asked if they could do #s in another font. They replied that they had a ton of these numbers on hand & could create just about any boat #s we wanted. But that the decals were done overseas by someone that they could no longer get any more product from.

I'm bettin that they either they haven't sold very many of these in the last 2 yrs, or they had some more product made.
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-05-2009, 7:39 PM Reply   
I need some numbers and might have try these out.
Old     (tgoin)      Join Date: Apr 2009       06-05-2009, 7:43 PM Reply   
Don't know the answer, but they are where I got
my new numbers this spring ...

Upload
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-10-2009, 6:24 AM Reply   
All I can say is great product, great price and lightning fast shipping. Ordered on Thursday night at about 8PM CDT and had them Monday afternoon when I got home from work. Sorry for the crappy pix, will try to get some better ones. I would recommend these to anyone who needs numbers or wants to replace old ones.

Upload
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-10-2009, 6:40 AM Reply   
These look great! I knew it would happen eventually that someone would compete with domed at a reduced price. Domed are great I have had two sets and nothing but compliments, and others have bought them as a result. Next boat looks like 3D thanks for sharing this.
Old     (puamana)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-10-2009, 10:00 AM Reply   
3D letters are great. I contacted domednumbers on May 1st and just got the sample that I had requested. The sample that I got wasn't even a domed sample. I contacted 3D and had the sample on May 6th. My new numbers from 3D look great and I saved about $ 50!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-10-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
Domed numbers have always been great to work with for me. I guess I don't mind spending an extra $30-60 on a $50,000 boat to get something totally custom that matches the rest of the graphics on the boat. This thread just seems to slam Domed numbers, I believe they have even sponsored this site in the past.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-10-2009, 10:38 AM Reply   
I agree, i jsut ordered from domed numbers yesterday, even after seeing this thread. Shelly was extremely nice and really went out of her way to get them to me by Friday. Great customer service. Would definately recommend to anyone.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-10-2009, 10:45 AM Reply   
The intent of this thread was not to slam anyone, only to offer an alternative. I had previously had domed numbers in the past and I am not knocking them, but $50 is $50 these days. That's almost a full tank of gas.

Support whoever you like, they are both quality products.
Old     (lancesaville)      Join Date: May 2009       06-11-2009, 2:40 AM Reply   
20 bucks from the local sign shop. It's good to shop around. For that the guy did both sides reg numbers and a "Green Monstah" transom logo in (very close to) matching lime green 3M vinyl. Yes I'm a Boston Red Sox fan :-)

Upload

Upload
Old     (flyspec14)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-11-2009, 5:32 AM Reply   
Lance, are those #s and decal domed too?
Old     (lancesaville)      Join Date: May 2009       06-11-2009, 8:37 AM Reply   
Nope Matt, they're reg 3M vinyl. Lasts about 3-4 years.
Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       06-17-2009, 4:50 PM Reply   
I ordered some today by calling the ebay store guy. Guy seemed very nice over the phone. Will post when I see quality and have picture on boat.
Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       06-19-2009, 11:47 AM Reply   
Here are the letters on my boat. I ordered on Wednesday and received them Today (Friday). They appear to be good quality. Four pictures are attached. They came spaced on a strip to easily appy to the boat.

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-19-2009, 2:19 PM Reply   
I used the ebay vendor and am very happy. If you email them they can do custom fonts, etc.
Old     (wakepiranna)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-23-2009, 11:47 PM Reply   
Hey guys! I followed your comments here, I have something exciting to share too. I was looking to change my Vinyl original registration numbers, I read your comments and went to 3DLettering.com to see the options they have in stock. I was looking for a special font. I called them 818.349.6000 Come to find out they just released a new style font just last week, they call that Super Sports. They told me this would match most of the major brand boats. I thought what I would lose by paying $45 compare to $110 Custom, I took the risk and ordered from them. Super fast shipping, got my numbers in 2 days, Pre-Spaced, ready to install. Awesome looking!!!! Better than custom and my original decal from the factory. It definitely added value to my boat. I will take pictures on the weekend and post it for you all to see.
http://3dlettering.com