Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-16-2006, 10:35 PM Reply   
O.K., I got a 4 Gig Nano, and I just got a 60 Gig iPod Video, I am stoked! But, I need some help figuring out how to use these things.

I have done several searches and I know there is tons of software out there that takes a DVD and puts it into Apple iPod Format (MPEG-4). However, I am leary of freeware, as I don't want my computer getting all screwed up from junk software.

So, here's my questions:

1. What is the best software to use to convert DVDs to Video iPod?

2. Can you make chapters in the iPod converted movie so that you can advance to different scenes without fast-forwarding?

3. What if I want just the songs from a DVD put on my iPod Nano, how do you do that?

Thanks for the help, I can't wait to figure this out!
Old     (xesstar)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-17-2006, 5:45 AM Reply   
Brah get this it does everything you mentioned above it's the shizzz
http://www.imtoo.com/
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-17-2006, 2:08 PM Reply   
I looked at imtoo, looks pretty good. Still can't figure out how to make the movies in chapters. For example, if I want to put The Book on my iPod, and I want to be able to skip chapters(tricks), can I do that by just pressing the forward button on my iPod, or do I need to go to the Movie Menu and physically select which chapter I want to watch?
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       08-17-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
if you want songs from a dvd to your ipod you'll have to download each track individually, or directly record the sound coming from the dvd. you'll be better off with option #1.

i got movies on my ipod through the dvd decrypter/videora method, but i too need to figure out how to get it seperated into chapters, is this some kind of function i can do with dvd decrypter or videora?
Old     (xesstar)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-18-2006, 6:36 AM Reply   
Brah,
I downloaded the Book into sections then loaded the lot onto the movie section on Itunes. I then just picked the sections I wanted to learn and loaded them on the IPOD so I did not take up too much space 60gb just is not enough!!
If you wanted to watch the whole book like on your TV you could make up a video playlist then make up the DVD with all the downloaded sections. You could even make your own DVD with just the sections you need to learn!!
As for the tunes you choose dvd-audio then you can download all the tunes to MP3 format.
The program is really easy just read the instructions and it explains how do do it all.
You will need to make a file on your PC to download all the files to then just drag the new files into Itunes then you can arrange them at will.
Good luck!
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-19-2006, 1:05 AM Reply   
Whoa, lots of tech stuff. Thanks for your advice John, I'll get sudying! Hopefully I will learn it quick, cause I think it will be the Shiznet!