Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-08-2005, 8:16 PM Reply   

I had one simiple question if everyone could answer.......Who is your favorite rider/who do you think is the most popular rider?
Old    penny4urthots            03-08-2005, 10:27 PM Reply   
That is not that simple bro...

Favorite - I have many, but if I have to pick 1...

Erich Schmaltz - If you saw him ride, if you knew his story, if you heard his message or if you truly knew his impact on the sport of wakeboarding and skating as it is today... You would realize that despite the "corpo industry opinion" of the last 5-10 years, he pushed "opinion" aside and forged the trail of the "FREERIDE movement" that is recognized by riders that continue to push the envelope of creativity. Pro's as we know them would NOT be the cast of iconns that they are now without his selfless passion for evolvement. We as riders all are indebted to his preserverance (sp?).

MOST POPULAR RIDER -
Parks Bonifay TIED w/ SHAUN MURRAY - Why because they are THE POSTERCHILDren of the sport as "Joe Customer" knows it. Both are innovative riders, both rule ad driven popularity, both will be legendary.

And that's not beating around the political bush...
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-09-2005, 11:29 AM Reply   
Ok maybe my question was tooo general, i need as many people as i can to comment. I can not say why but WHO DO YOU THINK WILL AND DOES BRINGS IN THE BIGGEST CROWD TO AN EVENT. i know that doesnt really matter for wakeboarding purposes, but its kinda like a servey for something i was asked to do. Thanks
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-09-2005, 11:44 AM Reply   
Randall Harris, if he would compete. I think he would draw alot of hardcore/old school fans out of the woodwork. Not many people have seen him ride in person. I know I would like too.
Old     (rynron1722)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-09-2005, 11:53 AM Reply   
favorite rider: daniel watkins
most popular: parks bonifay