Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    byerly137pro            01-17-2005, 3:56 PM Reply   
Hey everyone, I just got back from the boat show and my family is looking into buying a 2001 SAN 210 and I was wondering if anyone can show me some pictures, I've seen a few and it looks nice, but a few more would be nice until we can drive up north to see the boat. Also does anyone know what the ballast is like with these boats and the controls for it, also what is the wake like? Thanks.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-17-2005, 4:17 PM Reply   
www.planetnautique.com
Old     (mdan)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-18-2005, 7:42 AM Reply   
here is my san with stock tanks, and custom added 2000pds of water ballast.

Mike
2001 san
Old     (mdan)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-18-2005, 7:43 AM Reply   
here is my san with stock tanks, and custom added 2000pds of water ballast.

Mike
Old     (mdan)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-18-2005, 7:58 AM Reply   
sorry for the double post.
2001 ballast system
extra ballast switches. center ballast bag. 900pds. The older sans can fit more weight into the lockers than the newer ones.
ski locker
vdrive bags
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-18-2005, 8:15 AM Reply   
What is the wake like? Well, it's no Bayliner or Boston Whaler but I guess a "Super" Air Nautique will do in a pinch. I think it's alright but most people hate it. That's why they're not very popular and probably why you haven't seen more pictures of them.

BTW, I'm looking at getting a Ferrari Enzo. Is it very fast?

Just kidding. I think this is the first I've heard of someone buying a Super Air before knowing what the wake is like. Usually, that's WHY they buy it.

Check out the link Scott posted. Also check out http://www.correctcraftfan.com It's mostly older boats but they have brochures online in the reference section. It might be fun to look at those.
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       01-18-2005, 8:47 AM Reply   
The hull on the '01 Super Air is the same exact hull that's on the new '05 Super Airs. The wake is going to be more narrow and steep than most other wakeboarding boats. Some like that, some don't. The wake will definitely buck you up in the air.

I think the stock ballast in '01's was 200 lbs. on each side of the engine and that's it. It's better that way because you can add your own center ballast bag which will hold a lot more weight than anything the factory could put in. When weighting a SAN, remember to weight the boat pretty evenly from front to back. The SAN's like some weight in the nose.

Bottom line is, the wake is world class and will allow you to do any trick in the book with the right technique. It just depends on what shape of wake you like.
Old     (superair)      Join Date: May 2000       01-18-2005, 12:22 PM Reply   
I have a 00 that I need to move if interested email me at landrum@hotmail.com">plandrum@hotmail.com

Later
Shawn
Old    byerly137pro            01-18-2005, 3:24 PM Reply   
Salmon we didn't buy the bought, that why I was asking.