Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                07-14-2004, 9:25 PM Reply   
i cant seem to go wake to wake on jumps. could it be because my yamaha ar210 boat doesnt have enough wake (but I have a tower!!!!). Please help. all advice wanted and needed.
Old     (nickpman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-15-2004, 3:02 PM Reply   
You have to work on your heelside cut.... make sure u can get enough speed to jump wake to wake. Also, when coming at the wake keep your arms extended, once u start riding up the wake, pull your arms and handle into your chest, it'll give you some more pop. But once u get wake to wake 1 time, you'll have it forever.
Old                07-15-2004, 4:43 PM Reply   
make sure you fully extend your legs off the wake to get maximum pop. just work on you edging and lean into it more
Old                07-17-2004, 8:27 PM Reply   
hey dude all of us had that problem one time, all u gotta do is do cut out 15 -20 feet out (or where ever you feel comfortable) start a progressive edge into the wake (dont hit the wake flat alsways at an angle) and when you are at the bottom of the wake push down with ur legs and at the top extend your legs streaght and you will get it. jus be pashent and have fun glad to help ya. peace
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-18-2004, 6:50 AM Reply   
Ive tried these tips, but all I seem to get is more heighth,not distance......any other ideas??
Old                07-18-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
You're right you will get more air this way. But if you combine that followed by nicks advice of getting more speed you'll have no choice but to clear w2w. Remember if you're going for w2w, good hieght is nothing without speed, good speed is nothing without hieght. And always keep trying. NOBODY gets good without practice.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-18-2004, 8:28 PM Reply   
BALLAST!!!! or shorten rope
Old                07-19-2004, 11:42 PM Reply   
Yeah i just got over that problem this weekend. You just gotta edge all the way to the wake.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-20-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
shorten the rope to 50 ft including the handle and then you should clear it without a problem
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-20-2004, 12:18 PM Reply   
I agree with the shortening of the rope approach. Once you can clear the wake with a few feet to spare, let the rope out another 5 feet. Keep doing that until you can clear at your desired length. If you learn both heelside and toeside at the same time before lengthing, it will make it easier than having to shorten the rope to make toeside later. Just my 2 cents.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-02-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
just think of your boat as a giant yamaha waverunner cause its jet propelled. it's not going to create the same wake as a Malibu, Mastercraft or SAN.