Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-18-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
Just came home from the Sacramento boat show, considering an x1 or a new VRIDE. Similarly equipped they seem to go for about 47K out the door. (note the MC comes with a $2000 dollar post-purchase in store credit)

X1 included options,
Stereo 4 speakers
Bimni
Mirror
Extra ballast
Tandem trailer

Vride options
Custom trailer so it fits through my 82 inch garage door
Extra ballast
Stereo
Bimni

Which boat should I go with? Also is the MCX worth the 2 grand upgrade?
What should I be paying for these two boats and what is an all around better boat for comfort, rough water ride, wake, surf?

Thanks!!!
I don’t want to bad mouth the two dealers, they did a swell job bad mouthing each other. Sanger is the only dealer that gets it in this area!!!
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-18-2006, 5:32 PM Reply   
Ohhhh, forgot to mention to everyone, you need not advise me to drive them both. Obviously I plan on doing so before I take delivery!
Old    walt            02-18-2006, 5:34 PM Reply   
IMHO the X-1 has the better wake.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-18-2006, 5:41 PM Reply   
Well if I recall correctly the vride will be bigger inside, beable to fit 7-8 people in the back of the boat comfortably. But basicly before the flame war starts, as you know, you can make the best choice.

But as far as wakesurfing, malibu hands down, the wedge helps significantly.

I think they will both close in price, it'll just be who's arm you can twist better.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       02-18-2006, 5:41 PM Reply   
....so the 2 dealers were actually bad mouthing themselves?
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-18-2006, 5:50 PM Reply   
Well, mostly the products... long story. Basically the MC salesman stated he could get me both the MCX upgrade and the $2000 coupon, the Malibu dealer said the MC guy had his facts screwed up, went back to the MC dealer and turns out the maliu salesman knew the MC incentives better. But yes, they appeared to be in fierce competition. When I went back to the MC side the salesman asked if it was dusty over on the Malibu side... what the heck does that mean? From now on I am only talking about the boats with wakeworld folks, the only thing I will talk about with salesman is price! Lesson learned.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       02-18-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
was your Malibu salesman named Bryan by chance?
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-18-2006, 6:14 PM Reply   
Names are not important, I am not trying to get anyone in trouble.
They were nice, just a bit pushy and mentioned MC a bit too much in their sales pitch. With that said I will probably still call them and get a demo set up next week. Wife is ticked off because I didn't buy either the x1 or the vride. She like the BU but I like the MC but she would have been ok with a RED MC. LOL
Any opinions on my original questions?
Old    walt            02-18-2006, 6:25 PM Reply   
What's important to you in a boat ?

Wake
Storage
cost
resale
looks etc.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       02-18-2006, 6:25 PM Reply   
Attila, I was just asking because he knows his Malibu and MC stuff (both) like the back of his hand is all....so I was taking a guess. I know he's working Malibu at that show.

as for your original question(s)...

-they are both awesome boats that have been competing against eachother for a looong time in this industry. You are going to get opinions from both Malibu and MC guys on why one is better than the other. So, you should go with the one that you like the best, and the dealer that is giving you the best feeling.

-IMO the MCX isn't worth the 2K.

-IMO the Malibu is a better rough water ride, and surf wake. The wakeboarding wakes between the two can be argued all day long. I like the Malibu wake better myself.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-18-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
Walt... as stated earlier: "comfort, rough water ride, wake, surf" I think resale and reliability is very similar between these two.

By comfort I mean with 4-6 people on board. Rarely do I have more then 7 people, in that case I know the VRIDE is larger and can handle more but 80% of the time I ride with 6 or less.
Old     (kevin_rx20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
First off I don't know anything about the X-1 never been in one. But I own a V-Ride and have been extremely satisfied. Like you I normally only have 4-5 in the boat at a time but there are those times when I we have 8+ and I'm extremely glad we have the room for everyone and the gear as well.

As for the wake I run stock ballast and am happy with the wake. I'm sure most people like it larger than stock but I'm fine with it. I don't surf so no help there sry.

Very comfortable inside and handles well in rough water.

I'd also take a look at the dealers and see about their service record. Make sure they will take care of you after you put the money down. After that just get what you guys like the best. They are both great boats.
Old    walt            02-18-2006, 7:17 PM Reply   
Attila,

My apologies ! I missed that part of your post (to much beer) I'd pick the X-1 but it sounds to me that the Bu would be a better choice for you.

If you'd like to see the X-1 wake I have a few pics of it.
You really can't go wrong with either boat.

Good luck with your choice,
Walt
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-18-2006, 8:56 PM Reply   
We were in the exact same situation starting last fall, debating between the X-1 and the V-ride, and finally decided to go MC. Its funny how you guys talk about the badmouthing because it is so true. The MC guys tell you that the wedge is all a gimmic and the Malibu guys tell you that they tell you that just cause they don't have it. Sorry back on track, We went with the MC just because we felt that the interior and overall craftsmanship and quality were nicer in the Mastercraft, IMO. (Please note the word OPINION.) I personally like the Illusion tower more, but the MC as a whole felt like a better built boat. If space is that big of an issue, I could see why you would would want to go with the V-Ride, but it wasn't too big of a factor in our case so we went the X-1 route.
Hope some of this helps...
Old    stillstandin            02-18-2006, 9:27 PM Reply   
Well, if the Sanger dealership is the only one who gets it, For the same price, go get a V215. Sorry for the highjack
Old     (mastercraft7100)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-18-2006, 10:29 PM Reply   
Did he say "Just came home from the Sacramento boat show" the boat show is 3-8-06 or did I miss one?

http://www.sacramentoboatshow.com/
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-18-2006, 11:52 PM Reply   
well, this weekend is the surf and turf, the official boat show is in March...
Thanks for the good advice wakeslife...

Craig, I thik I might go ride the Sanger 210 next week...
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-19-2006, 1:16 AM Reply   
Bayliner IMO.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-19-2006, 3:54 PM Reply   
ummmm...the vride itslef won't fit through your 82" garage. he trailer may, but the vride's beam is too wide.
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-19-2006, 4:47 PM Reply   
I think he is referring to the low profile trailer so it will fit height wise not width.

Both boats are awesome and you cannot go wrong with either.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-19-2006, 5:36 PM Reply   
Correct, I was referring to the heighth. I am ok on width.
Old    stillstandin            02-19-2006, 7:39 PM Reply   
Attila. Just my two cents. If it was between all three boats, and one dealership is the better, that would be my choice. Some may not agree. But I would put the Sanger with both those boats. Great wake, great value, and awesome quality, and detail. Happy hunting, I think you would be happy with any of the three.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-19-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
no question, sanger belongs in the discussion with literally any other boat. i'm hoping sanger will find a way to raise the height of their freeboard in the future without drastically raising cost. other than that, they are awesome boats
Old     (joe1975)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-19-2006, 9:30 PM Reply   
Attila- Please consider what i am about to say.
You all can flame as much as you want.

I live in Granite Bay, next to the lake. Let me take you out on a Tige 20V. I assure you that you will be impressed. I have been in the vride, the X1, i used to sell the sanger v210. Just let me show you what the 20V can do. It will take maybe 20-30 minutes of your time and it is worth it to make a $45k decision.

If you want please email/ pm me.

Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-20-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
Joe are you a dealer or do you just want to show me your boat? I would have a hard time justifying 45k for a Tiege... Kind of like paying 30K for a Camry, good car but... you can get a benz C230 for 29K. I might be wrong but that is just my logic of thinking.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-20-2006, 12:42 PM Reply   
attila, don't discount tige`. i'm a staunch 'bu supporter and if i were in the market for a brand new "price point" boat, tige` would be among top choices.

they make an incredible boat and i have seen what the wake loks like with about 2500 lbs of sacks and proper taps2 setting. it's pretty nice looking.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-20-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
Something about the looks of it that I don't care for, maybe the weird tower but something to do with the shape of the hull/deck. I know nothing about the wake or the ride...
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-20-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
Dont most people say the dealer and service can make or break owning? I thought both of these dealers had kind of bad reputations for service and such? I am just trying to remember how long ago I saw that. But I know Cope's in Rocklin has been bad mouthed before. But with that being said I wish I had to make the decision you are. But for now I'm stuck with my old nautique......
Old     (joe1975)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-20-2006, 9:13 PM Reply   
Attila~
I am Tige's new West Coast Sales Manager. You asked if i am a dealer- no, which is a cool way thing- i get to show you the boat without any of the 'sales' stuff getting in the way of the presentation. I honestly would like take you out just so that you could get a good comparison/baseline for your buying process.

Just wanted to address what you mentioned about the tower- it has it pros/cons. We have many options on types of towers besides our own tower. I also understand what you mean about the toyota for $30k versus Mercedes for $30k. I honestly think that we (Tige) are the best kept secret out there. I know a ride in one would at least make you rethink our boat.

As far as the general 'look' of our boat that is definitely going to be each customers decision, and maybe if we arent the best looking boat to you our performance could make you over look that? (also note that color selection of each individual boat dramatically affects looks of the hull etc)

Anything i can do to help you Attila let me know. Hey the weather this week is supposed to be great...lets get out there!
Old     (humboldtboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-20-2006, 10:29 PM Reply   
At the Pleasanton boat show, the MC rep was talkin a lot of smak about Nautiques. Big Ed got pretty worked up about that(suprise). But he had a good point, I hate when people talk bad about their competetion. Take each boat your thinking about out for a day. Then you will know which one you like. They are all good boats, only you can decide which one is good for you.