Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-03-2012, 8:35 PM Reply   
Ever wish life would just slow down to what it was like in the early 1900s? I sure do!

Theres an old man who lives on the outskirts of my town who hangs out and watches and waves to all the busy people coming and going from our small town. Life is busy these days, but he seems to make time to chill out and take a step back. I see this man typically everyday, either in the morning or afternoon while Im either rushing to work or in a hurry to get home from a long busy day at work. He waves and most of the time I throw up the "shaka"(hang loose) to him with a smile as I hurry on. Every time I tell myself, "I really need to stop one time and sit back n chat with him, maybe even bring a 6 pack." It would be soo cool to listen to his story and hear about his story of life and watching our small town grow from farms to what it is today.

Recently I have seen less of him. Sometimes days, sometimes a week at a time go by without seeing his smile and wave. So tonight I passed by his house, once again in a hurry to get home and relax after a busy hustle n bustle day of work, and he was out for the first time I had seen in close to 2 weeks. Yet, once again I kept going without stopping. So i thought to myself while I continued home, why does the busy life have such a grip on our lives that we dont take the time to smell the roses? Why have people grown soo far apart from eachother, even when living in a very small town? I feel like the way the world is going, especially America, is all wrong. Evil has taken over and everyone(some constantly, some rarely) is just concerned with their own well being. There is no faith in man kind anymore. God (not getting religious here people, we all believe in something better than ourselves regardless if you admit it publicly or not) is now dust in the wind. Bad government and politics has taken over with money and power on its side. We have been given the notion that we create our own destiny, when in reality were all just blind to the greed.

If you have gotten this far in my rant I urge you to take a moment to smell the roses, chat with your fellow town folk, even if you dont know them, do something for someone else out of a kind act, not to feel better about yourself, but because you have something to offer to possibly make their minute, day, week, just a little better.