Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dk98)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-30-2007, 6:39 PM Reply   
i have a malibu response with a decent wake and a tsunami. i feel like the board is to big so i am looking at phase five. i am 90 pounds what }would be a good choice.

anybody herd of shore line boards.
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-31-2007, 6:31 AM Reply   
If you are looking for something for only you I would suggest the Icon at 50" x 20" x 3/4" it is going to be more your size but, if you want something to grow into and that others on the boat will be able to ride I would suggest the Prop is 54" x 20 1/2" x 3/4" you can check all the Phase5's HERE
Old     (critter)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-31-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
Dylan, yes I have herd and seen the Shoreline Boards, my friend Jessica rides one and she rips hangs down. There preety sick board surf style boards. Check them out there a link. http://www.thewakesurfshop.com/Boards-Used_Boards.html
Old     (dk98)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-31-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
thx
is there anyway i could get one of these boards used. i lot of these boards are pretty expensive.}}
Old     (dk98)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-31-2007, 4:45 PM Reply   
Dennis i was looking at the bullet.
i love that board. is it good for shuvits and 3's?
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-01-2007, 5:54 AM Reply   
Whatever you decide, I'd recommend a board that has a maximum weight range "of up to 140-150lbs". Anything larger then that and you won't be heavy enough to set the rails and work the wake like it sounds you want to.

(Message edited by caskimmer on August 01, 2007)
Old    surfdad            08-02-2007, 4:53 AM Reply   
Hey Dylan, I don't think that Dennis saw your question, so I'll respond about the bullet. James rides that board frequently.

The bullet is excellent at surface 3's. It's well balanced and easy to spin. Sean makes a good point, you'll want a board that is built to your weight, James is about 150 pounds, and rides a 4'4"'ish board. You'd need one significantly smaller.

As for shuv's. The board will shuv, but it's design doesn't lend itself well to landing them. The fin placement out towards the rails and the fin depth tend to cause the inside fin to catch in the wake.

The newest design of the Bullet has a slightly fuller nose, so it can land the shuv's, but the fin issue remains. Further, the shuv back out is hard due to the fin depth.

There are other boards that are more suitable for learning or practicing shuv's.

Picture of James throwing a shuv on a bullet from last year at Shasta, and the second picture is of the newest bullet outline.

Upload
Upload