Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-06-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
Thanks to all you guys for the tips and to Sound Innovations for their great work. I wanted to replace my titan tower speakers with a wetsounds 485, add the harmon kardon ipod unit, and replace my failed PPI amp with two separate amps for the boat speakers and the 485.

hk1
cosmetic cover removed and drilled for HK face/wire

hk2
cover slotted to accept HK face/wire

hk3
HK face installed. I asked for it to be off to the right like that to minimize the chance of people accidentally kicking or hitting it since it's slightly exposed

hk4
view from below the face

hk5
side view. in the bottom right of the pic you can see the round black stock Clarion head unit control (which I never really ever used)

hk6
replaced clarion control unit with HK ipod controller

wetsounds 485 ready to replace titans

485tower

cooler
during my original install the under-the-seat cooler was modified into an amplifier storage area

noamps
cooler/seat removed

2amps
jl 300/2 for the tower and stock kicker ix404 amp for the stock boat kicker speakers

3amps
amps attached to risers and jl 1000/1 attached above the other two (drives jl 12w7 under the clamshell)

final
everything buttoned back up
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-06-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
Nice work.
Old     (javony)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-06-2007, 10:18 AM Reply   
Wes,
Do you like the look of just the single 485 in the center of the tower? I had one in the center of my tower and felt it looked a lil funny, so I added a second one. I thought it looked funny but then that is just personal preference. I was gonna add the Pro 80's to it but wetsounds has been back ordered forever on them
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-06-2007, 10:45 AM Reply   
yikes, is it only me or does that look like a heat problem waiting to happen?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-06-2007, 11:40 AM Reply   
craig....I was thinking the same thing.

None the less it looks good.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-06-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
surpisingly heat hasn't been an issue (i had the 1000/1 on top of the PPI for 3.5 years). i think this setup may be even better since the amps are now slightly raised off the floor and have a little more spacing. hard to see in the pics but there is also an exhaust fan in the side of the enclosure, in addition to the opening on the back side...

i am OK with the look of the single 485. we almost always have the bimini up too which will change the look...
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-06-2007, 11:56 AM Reply   
> i had the 1000/1 on top of the PPI for 3.5 years

Didn't the PPI amp fail?

-- As Adam said, very nice install, very clean and looks great!

(Message edited by yosquire on June 06, 2007)
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-06-2007, 12:04 PM Reply   
yep, but from water damage =)