Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-01-2010, 7:05 PM Reply   
Yeah Matt, saw it on KSL last night. Sad, never like to see anyone die. I guess they were Europeans on vacation.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-01-2010, 10:36 PM Reply   
Itallian, here with a group. Brent had a pulse at first
And by the time he got to the Marina they were performing CPR on the guy on his sunpad. Rangers were waiting on the dock, he did get some looks when he came in hot followed by a surf wave into the no wake zone (gotta find some humor ) Brent said the one guy was leading and stopped and turned slightly and his buddy behind hit him head in T boning him sending him 15 ' in the air and launched his waverunner into the air from hitting his buddy. Bummer deal
Old    dhorton            08-02-2010, 7:41 AM Reply   
Wow that sucks! I've hated the sit down PWC's since they came out because they require virtually no skill or balance to haul A$$ and turn on a dime. With the number of close calls I've seen, I'm surprised we don't see this more often.
Old    dhorton            08-02-2010, 7:42 AM Reply   
On a happier note, who wants to ride this week? I feel the need to blow a day off work and hit the lake.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-02-2010, 7:58 AM Reply   
Ahh... Yesterday was fun at willard.. but I must say. I'm sore AS HELL!!! Anyone wanna teach me the right way to do a backroll Dunno what I was going with my head/back.

Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-02-2010, 11:20 AM Reply   
Dave, I can't ride yet but I surfed yesterday so maybe Thursday afternoon??? I have a conference call at 11:30am and shouldn't be more then 2 hours. Let me know.

Jason, I didn't even see you guys out there. We launched around 12:30pm and got off around 5. Water was wrecked but surfed a little and just had fun floating around and swimming with the kids. As for the backroll, I need to see video or watch it in person because I can't tell what you're doing from the pics you posted.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-02-2010, 2:46 PM Reply   
Jason ~~ Way to progress this season, barely a wake jump to trying inverts. I would suggest to hit up Shima's FB and he has a Backroll pic that David took frame by frame. The pic shows the key points through a Backroll and you can see how huge Shima throw's em.
Old    dhorton            08-03-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
Ryan ~ Thursday afternoon may work for me. I have committed to fly-fishing Thursday, but the guy putting that together may be bailing out I should know this afternoon. How have the bugs been up at Willard?
Old     (speedy841)      Join Date: May 2010       08-03-2010, 9:33 AM Reply   
Dave ~ I was out there on Saturday morning and the bugs weren't bad at all. I few but not as bad as they've been in the past. Water was great at 8:30 AM, I pulled out around noon and it was just getting bad.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-03-2010, 4:23 PM Reply   
Dave, bugs aren't bad at all right now, but then again, I haven't been out much in the last month. I've been sleeping in on Sunday's so by the time we get out, the water is trashed. Keep me posted for Thursday afternoon.
Old    dhorton            08-03-2010, 5:21 PM Reply   
Ryan ~ Thursday afternoon works for me. I'm still going fly-fishing in the morning that day, but not the full day trip we were planning. So my fishing plans are to head up to the Middle Provo in the morning, probably done no later than 1 or 2. I can haul my boat and you could meet me up at Jordanelle, or I can run up to Willard and meet you when we finish. If your just surfing, not sure how the regular side surf wave is in my super air (never tried it). Lemme know, I'm easy.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-03-2010, 10:06 PM Reply   
Ok, sounds good Dave, I'll let you know some time tomorrow. My conference call is only slated now for one hour but I should plan on at least 90 min to be safe.
Old     (knuckledragger)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-05-2010, 8:21 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I'm going through withdrawls for a surf set so I'm trying to round up some guys for Saturday morning. Anyone up for it? I know the lakes are a zoo on saturdays but you gotta go when you gotta go.

I was thinking of heading to Willard but I'm flexible on location. Utah Lake, Rockport, just whatever is easiest depending on who goes. I have a 2009 Centurion Falcon V with a switchblade. I'm still getting the hang of surfing so I'd like to do a couple of sets in the morning and then wakeboard a bit if time and water permits. Although I may not be able to resist an early morning wakeboard session if the water is glass.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-05-2010, 10:11 AM Reply   
Knuckle ~~ Cross your fingers that the weather holds and you just might get some crazy nice water. I will have to see if it can pan out for me, what time are you thinking when you say morning? Throw me a PM with your info and number and I will keep you updated. I would like to get out with ya, I haven't taken a set behind a Centurion in a long time. I'm not much of a surfer though.
Name:  IMG_5011.jpg
Views: 1388
Size:  97.7 KB
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-05-2010, 11:52 AM Reply   
Hey Knuckle, I have to work on Saturday so can't make it out. Hope you have a great sesh!
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-05-2010, 5:58 PM Reply   
Josh, LMAO You funny bastrd! Great pic!!!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-05-2010, 6:29 PM Reply   
I know me and the wife are gonna try and Hit willard EARLY Saturday morning as well. So everyone stay AWAY from the south dike

Last edited by A7X_LSV_23; 08-05-2010 at 6:29 PM. Reason: Get ya some!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-05-2010, 9:55 PM Reply   
Matt ~~ No joke, that was a result of a huge slash with the handle. YEP wrecked and some how landed on the board, result: Comfy ass pic on the surf!!!
Old     (KC)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-06-2010, 4:32 PM Reply   
Knuckle~ I have nothing to do Saturday if you need some people. Josh, would be fun to finally get out with ya. PM me and let me know guys.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-07-2010, 12:33 PM Reply   
Cody ~~ How was the water??? Post up some pics if you get any!

Finally got a few pics of the Powell trip up at www.downfortheride.com (RIP soon)...

Last edited by downfortheride; 08-07-2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: In search of the epic... F off!
Old     (knuckledragger)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-08-2010, 5:15 PM Reply   
Water wasn't great but good enough for some surfing! We had a blast. All the rain missed us. Didn't get any pics.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-12-2010, 6:31 AM Reply   
Just got back from Powell! HAD A BLAST!! I tell ya, houseboats are the only way to go! Good times!

Josh, ????? You can't kill the DFTR site!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-13-2010, 7:57 AM Reply   
Matt ~~ I'm already paying per month and mostly use it to share my pics. There is free hostings where I can share my pics and save a few bucks per month. Heck David will probably get that in gas money, LOL.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-19-2010, 6:23 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6pFn...ayer_embedded#!

first vid attempt ever........
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-19-2010, 7:34 PM Reply   
Looks like you guys had a blast Matt. Let me know when you're back in town.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-20-2010, 9:13 AM Reply   
Great job Matt... Kind of made me dizzy like a Saturday night with way to may cocktails...
Old    dhorton            08-23-2010, 1:01 PM Reply   
Nice Vid Matt! Don't listen to Josh, I've seen him on a Saturday night (sun-fri night too) after too many cocktails... he's a lot shaker than that!

Last edited by dhorton; 08-23-2010 at 1:02 PM. Reason: Don Julio
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-23-2010, 4:38 PM Reply   
David ~~ We all know you have your Don Julio hate goggles on!
Old    dhorton            08-24-2010, 7:54 AM Reply   
Don Julio = love goggles!
Old     (zedagrizz)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-25-2010, 8:49 PM Reply   
Anyone that hates on Don Julio needs their head examined. Best Tequila you buy for $50.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-26-2010, 7:48 AM Reply   
We all knew once Don Julio was mentioned Bleyl would be all over it.
Old    dhorton            08-26-2010, 9:04 AM Reply   
Don Julio made me rediscover the love in my love/hate relationship with tequila! Gracias Senior Julio! Gracias!

Last edited by dhorton; 08-26-2010 at 9:06 AM. Reason: SUCKITJOSH
Old     (frozone)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-26-2010, 4:25 PM Reply   
Sorry to pull this away from the enlightening discussion of Senior Don Julio and his libations, but anyone ever been to Joe's Valley and ridden there?

We're trying to decide what to do over Labor Day, Joe's is farther away than all the local lakes that will be a mess, twice the size of East and has available camp sites and seems to be billed as more of a fishing reservoir. Always been on my list of places to visit but I have no idea if it would be worth driving up there.

Any beta on this place?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-26-2010, 5:01 PM Reply   
Hey Chad, sorry but I've never heard of the place.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-26-2010, 7:24 PM Reply   
Chad ~~ I myself have never heard of the place, maybe it's a good place to go. Hit up Shima with a PM and he has the magic spot to ride over holidays.

ALRIGHT back to the Senior talk if anybody's going to invite me for some margarita's on the rocks!
Old    dhorton            08-26-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
Hey Chad I've always wanted to check out Joe's Valley. The word I've heard from others that have been is its really HIGH, and the tow is a BEEYATCH! I just checked googlemaps and it looks like from the terrain contour line its about 7200'. The tow from the Price side doesn't look too bad. I've fished other lakes near there coming over from the Manti side and it is a steep windy road. If you go, let us know the details and share some pics. My family and I are transplanted from CA (Bay Area) and my wife keeps bugging me to find a lake with trees.

Back to Senor Julio ~ Josh I'm having some now to dull the pains of one of the worst rounds of golf in my life at TGP today, swing on by and I'll convert you off that Monster Vodka crap (that stuff makes me end up on the floor).

Last edited by dhorton; 08-26-2010 at 8:08 PM. Reason: Don Julio made me do it!
Old     (frozone)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-27-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
Trying to pm Ryan but when I click on pm, it just sends me to his profile with no place that I can see to pm.

What am I missing here?
Old     (frozone)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-27-2010, 11:06 AM Reply   
Ok, appears to be a known issue, with no definitive fix. For whatever reason, it just started working for me, so I'll see if it sticks...
Old     (knuckledragger)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-27-2010, 3:53 PM Reply   
Chad, I've been there once but didn't have the boat. We were ATVing and the trailhead was right by the lake. Like you said, it is a fairly decent size lake and is high in elevation. We didn't see many boaters at the time but it also was a weekday. I wouldn't expect that lake to get very busy with it being somewhat out of the way and lesser known. Probably mostly locals from the small towns near by. We went in from the Castle Dale side and I do remember the canyon road being pretty curvy but I don't think it would be a bad pull. If you go, let us know how it is. I think it would be a cool place to go sometime. Very very scenic.

Try giving their marina a call and see if you luck out that someone is actually there. Or try to call one of the outfitters down there. If you haven't been to this website yet it has the number to the marina and other info.
http://www.joesvalleyresort.com/marina.htm
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-29-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
Too much of this.....

ended our Thursday-Sunday Starvation plans early. Never one to cry over spilt milk, we strolled down to the ex's for some weekend water....

No complaints, it was my third straight weekend at Starvation & the first 2 were BEAUTIFUL....
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-29-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
Utah Lake and Willard Bay looking for riders today to shoot footage of for go pro video? Anyone heading out?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-29-2010, 11:34 PM Reply   
Sorry we missed you Robert, would have like to have caught up with you guys. I ride at Willard but the weather WAS calling for strong winds so we passed on today. Wishing you guys the best of luck for a safe journey. I'm very envious )
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-29-2010, 11:35 PM Reply   
EJ, you always know how to turn a bad weekend into a good one!
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-09-2010, 6:18 PM Reply   
A little video from last Tuesday's outing I dont know how to embed so heres the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsrxgqPkipw
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-10-2010, 7:57 AM Reply   
That shot at 45 sec is killer! Great job. Hey to the bottom right of youtube video there is a button that says Embed, click it and it will give you the code to copy and paste over.

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-15-2010, 10:07 AM Reply   
Blyel ~~ When are your Powell pics going to surface? I seen your buddie tag a few on FB, looks like a great trip!
Old     (speedy841)      Join Date: May 2010       09-26-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
Has anyone been to Willard lately? Was wondering if the bugs are bad and how the water is.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       09-26-2010, 7:55 PM Reply   
Kelly, bugs get really bad around 30 min before sunset. Water temp is about 60F right now.
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-27-2010, 9:14 AM Reply   
we were there yesterday and the bugs weren't to bad. We left at about 3:00. A Few horse flies though you've got to watch out for. Water is definitely getting chilly, didn't seem like it got as warm as it did last year.
Old     (snowrider)      Join Date: May 2007       09-27-2010, 12:17 PM Reply   
Got back from 4 day Powell trip at Bullfrog Marina. Stayed at the lodge and day tripped to spots. Overall it was a great first trip to Powell. Amazed at the size of the lake, the canyons etc. Weather was perfect, no wind and water was warm compared to the mountain reservoirs now. Things I noted, probably obvious to veterans of Powell.

-Every day was a full day. Just getting around takes waaay more time than any lake we had been to before (mostly small mountain reservoirs).
-More waterskiers than wakeboarders and more surfers than both.
-Best wakeboarding water was closest to the Marina in back of BF Bay. Probably because it was early and we were only boat except another malibu that was barefooting. We tried going 25 miles north to Good Hope Bay and it was okay but mid-morning with other boats etc. The canyons seemed hit and miss based on even just one other boat going thru at same time
-Saw a guy jump a 60+ft cliff.
-Big boats in small canyons suck.
-Parking was a pain. Even at 7am just finding a spot was difficult. Of course this would be solved with a slip or boat camping
-The mussel inspection is a half measure. Can't imagine the time and expense to actually enforce all launches etc.,

For sure we will go again next fall as it is great place to extend the season within a reasonable drive. We are thinking about boat/shore camping, but getting good water is a key objective. Thinking somewhere by Dangling Rope Marina to be close to gas.

Any recommendations for wakeboarding areas in that area or other suggestions?

Amazing place for sure.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-27-2010, 1:28 PM Reply   
HEY, I just got back from Powell myself! We were at Antelope Point Marina for 4 days of straight up party. I have never seen so many people at that marina all summer long. This was never to be a huge riding trip but we got some really good water. Having the HB next to the bar was kind of difficult since everybody thinks a jammin boat means an invite to everybody. The sarge put a stop to that most of the time, LOL. Here it is Monday and I need a long 3 day weekend to recover, almost like I went to Vegas for a long weekend.

Big boats in small canyons, LOL. You need to come down to the AZ side and get a taste of the tour boats that throw 5 ' rollers no matter where they go. Let's just say... you see one and you run!

Pics should be up soon...
Old     (speedy841)      Join Date: May 2010       09-28-2010, 6:13 AM Reply   
Ryan / Chris,

Thanks for the update. I didn't make it out on Sunday, but I hope I can this weekend.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-28-2010, 5:15 PM Reply   
Well I finally got a few pics up from our Powellapalooza trip, we just killed them rails!

http://picasaweb.google.com/11805884...lapalooza2010#
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-28-2010, 7:56 PM Reply   
Good stuff Josh..... Looks like a GRAND time.....
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-29-2010, 7:30 AM Reply   
E.J. ~~ O just wait... The others pictures are going to surface real soon. Let's just say our 80's party on Friday was super crazy!
Old    dhorton            09-29-2010, 4:47 PM Reply   
Good looking shots Josh... you must have a thousand dollar point and shoot! Who is that rocking the Umpa Lumpa gear? That's some straight up LEGIT riding apperal!

We had a nice weekend riding with the Shima Family... thanks again Ryan and family! Even C-Dog got out and rode!
Attached Images

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-29-2010, 4:58 PM Reply   
OMG C Dog is up and riding now? Congrats to here getting out there and not giving up!!!

David ~~ At least my $1,300 point and shoot camera shots are in focus and not having a 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM... LOL ing I have no idea who the Loompa was, just some dude looking for attention. I can now chalk towing a Loompa off my bucket list. How about you get more pics posted up so I can quit bugging you about it. Hell your last trip with the Shima's I haven't seen. I can say you did miss one hell of a trip!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-30-2010, 10:38 AM Reply   
Well some pics of the party are starting to surface... I'm sure there are a few to laugh at.

http://picasaweb.google.com/11805884...lapalooza2010#
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       09-30-2010, 12:00 PM Reply   
Thank you David, was great having Alisa there as well.

Josh, looks like it was a great time down there. My friend Mike said he got broke off on his second set on the big rainbow slider (arm went through the handle and tore his arm up). Nothing broken but swollen & bruised from the armpit to the wrist.

Here's a pic of the Horton's and David busting a HS air.
Attached Images

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-30-2010, 12:11 PM Reply   
Shima ~~ Man that sucked! I was off getting gas while he took a set. I came back to him on the dock just after it happened and he said it wasn't so bad. Well a few hours go by and he was F'd up, next day all black and blue. Chase seen it go down and cut the gas or I think things would have been a lot worse. Tell you bro to heal up and we will see him next year for the party. The rest of the time riding sucked cause it was only us 4 and to have that happen got everybody thinking... It can happen anywhere anytime!

David ~~ Legit HS Air... Not so much the face expression. LOL
Old    dhorton            10-02-2010, 11:06 AM Reply   
Josh ~ Coach Ryan helped me with a couple tips last weekend that got me into a better body/handle position on approach and take off that helped a ton. C-Dog didn't ride long before taking a couple of face forward / mouth full of lake water wrecks. This of course freaked her out and ended her set each time, but she seemed excited that she got out and tried and says she cant wait to go again. She has been snowboarding with me for 3 years now and has such good edge control there I'm sure once she gets over the fear of the water aspect she will be hooked.

So now that it's the best time of the year to ride, let's get out and ride SUCKAS!

Last edited by dhorton; 10-02-2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: NNED MORE DON JULIO!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-02-2010, 6:31 PM Reply   
I'm with ya David! Time to ride sucka's!

I'm feeling 2 trips to Powell in Oct, anybody down? We have our 23' cuddie down there and can hold 5 adults. I need me some rail sessions!!!

Last edited by downfortheride; 10-02-2010 at 6:32 PM. Reason: No cocktails yet! I'm a much better drunk typer!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-13-2010, 11:02 AM Reply   
Winter crew roll call... Pics will soon be flowing again!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-13-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
Sign me up for that! When we going!?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-13-2010, 12:52 PM Reply   
Jason ~~ HINT... It's time for the weekend warriors to get the water we deserved all year!
When are you putting your boat away for the year?
Old    dhorton            10-13-2010, 3:12 PM Reply   
Let's ride GIRLS! The web cam has been taunting me all day long at work today!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-13-2010, 4:20 PM Reply   
Like I said... When and where

Josh ~ I actually have the boat up for sale right now due to possibly having to move to CA for work and can't afford two places so. We'll see how that does. I had to take it down to marine products monday for someone that wanted it all checked out by them but haven't heard back? But I wasn't really ever planning on "putting it away". Just gonna store it in the garage and drain the block. DONE! Get up and go whenever we want! And I WANT!!!!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-13-2010, 6:50 PM Reply   
Jason ~~ Hope all works out for you and your family and your job. Maybe next time your will buy a super air and realize the boat is more important than the house, LOL. If your down to head this way we are always looking to add bodies to the UT winter crew...
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-13-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
Ya for sure. I like the Malibu's but a 23' is bigger then I need to so. Next boat will def be a 21'. I LOVE the SANTE wake... but I couldn't buy one just because of the looks of the boat itself. They have GOT to do something different with the bodies and interior. So VLX or Supra 22SSV. After being in Ryan's boat I'm kinda jealous of the supra.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       10-13-2010, 11:59 PM Reply   
Hope you guys have a great winter season. I start my season traveling tomorrow so keep posting pics so I can live vicariously through you LOL!

Dave, I know I still need to send you pics of our last camping trip.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-14-2010, 9:27 AM Reply   
Jason ~~ For us a family of 4 would be perfect for the 23 LSV... The VLX is a sweet boat with a sweet wake, Shima's Supra is legit and always a good time. Heck if I ever need a bath I go with them and they wipe me down head to toes with that shammy. (just pokin fun Shima's!)

Shima ~~ Safe travels this winter and best of luck to your team. I look forward to the 3 page email of your travels and results.

Winter crew is on!
Old    dhorton            10-14-2010, 6:32 PM Reply   
Ryan ~ No sweat... I'm usually the guy who is slow sharing the pics so I know how it goes. Travel safe, keep the updates coming.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       10-15-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
Josh, you know how we roll! LOL - Full service each and every time with the Shima clan )

Josh, can't really go wrong with either boat. My best advice is to demo both boats, if you can, and decide which one suits your needs & budget the best. FYI, they changed the shape and interior a little in the 22ssv after the 2006 or 07 year.

David, I should be getting the pics to you some time today.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-15-2010, 9:53 PM Reply   
Shima, Safe Travels Buddy!! WHERE THE HELL DID SUMMER GO!? I actually got out more with Horton than I did with you this season LMAO! How did that happen? Next year for sure!

Winter is alive and well up here in the Arctic, Im already having to plug in the truck for a warm start

Josh, Horton, you two have fun, and take lots of pics

Ill be back in 2 weeks!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       10-19-2010, 9:28 PM Reply   
Matt, don't know??? We'll hook up next season! Have a safe winter season in Alaska!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-20-2010, 9:36 AM Reply   
Hey everybody... Our very own Shima will be on stokemeter tonight at 7pm. Sign up and let all give him some grief.

David did get some shots of your Nelle ride over the weekend, breeze picked up before I even finished the first set. 4 pics are posted at http://picasaweb.google.com/dho814/JNelle# and should have a few more up on a week or two.
Old     (zedagrizz)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-23-2010, 7:18 AM Reply   
Hey all,

I have a 2010 Byerly Monarch (size 56) with 2010 Hyperlite Team bindings (size 10) for sale. They are posted on KSL for $475 as a package. I will be happy to give you a wakeworld discount. The board and bindings are in perfect condition and have only been ridden about 6 times. I just like my Company board better and need some cash. Let me know if you are interested and check out my ad on KSL if interested.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-23-2010, 3:39 PM Reply   
Bleyl ~~ Do you still have the same number? I text you the other weekend and got nothing back... I guess I'm really not as cool as I thought I was.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-24-2010, 11:17 AM Reply   
Well guys I can say the fall riding is upon up. A few of us headed up to Willard to try and get a good session in. With the cloud cover and rain storms the lake was all ours. Yes it did rain but we were ready for it and it wasn't cold at all. Thanks to David & Jason for chancing the weather and searching out good water. David is still working on the pics and I'm sure he will have a few to post up. I stole a few from Barber and posted em up at http://picasaweb.google.com/11805884...82/Riding2010# if your interested.

www.wakeology.com
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-24-2010, 12:47 PM Reply   
David's got some REALLY cool snaps on his camera. Unfortinately there's prob a LOT of ****ty ones to lol Prob 70% are junk, but that's how it goes. Can't wait for them to rise. Especailly the one were your about 1' away from the bank on a powerslide