Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (jpboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-09-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
What do you guys think I should do, and why do you think I should do it? Thanks for the input.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-09-2007, 3:26 PM Reply   
have you ridden the ibex?
Old     (jpboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-09-2007, 3:35 PM Reply   
no but I plan to demo the board, I just want some basic opinions of what would be a better board. I heard the Ibex gets alot of pop and that is what i like. I consider myself a pretty experienced rider so its not like any board would be above my level, Ive been riding for a while.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-09-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
ive never ridden either of the boards you are talking about but i was in the same boat a couple of years ago. So i got the parks. ended up riding it for a year and switching. i liked my board before better which was a belmont. My two cents. But seems like youre good to go. Your smart to demo
Old     (jpboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-09-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
Alright, ya im definitely going to demo and see which board is more my style, thanks for the input.
Old     (jpboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-10-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
has anyone else ridden the ibex or maybe at least know about it that could give me some more advice here. Dont want to waste my time and money if its not worth it, thanks.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-10-2007, 10:07 AM Reply   
Yo, check out the Transcend, too. I rode a Absolute for a couple years before I jumped on the Transcend. Similar kind of pop, but better edging and landings.
Old    wakeridinrob            12-10-2007, 10:56 AM Reply   
Evan...
I have been riding the absolute now for a couple of years and LOVE it. but i have seen the new shape to the transend. can you compare both? i know that the boat show is comming and i think it is time for an upgrade. i was also considering the marius. i have seen the shape and looks like one hell of a board. but the new transend looks super fast!! looks like im going to be broke come january
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-10-2007, 11:26 AM Reply   
Ibex pops like crazy, and releases amazingly well considering the fin placement, i love mine,
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-10-2007, 11:29 AM Reply   
I have been on an Absolute for the last 3 years, really love the board. Tested some of the new boards, will be riding the Faction this year.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-10-2007, 11:47 AM Reply   
I'm with Tack, I have ridden the Absolute for 4 years and love the board. Tried the Transcend & didn't really feel it. Hopped on the Faction and am sold, that board is where it's at. Huge pop for a continuous board and buttery landings. Done & done.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-10-2007, 1:02 PM Reply   
Rob...

IMO, it's the perfect board. I really liked the Absolute, but the Transcend does everything a little better. It really digs in on edge, pops great and lands soft. Plus I like molded fin boards so it fit the bill well.

I like the Marius, too, but can't get as much pop out of it. Definitely personal preference and riding style. The guys that love the Marius, really love the Marius. My understanding is that it's gotten faster for '08. I might have to give it a try again. My only objection is how big/heavy it is.
Old     (libertylake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-10-2007, 1:10 PM Reply   
Get the IBEX...If your looking for the kick in the ass pop, look no further. I had the 06 Parks and loved the rocker but hated the step down rail. Too many face plants. However with the IBEX you get all the pop but with an eased edge that sets in when YOU WANT IT TO. I have a couple of ridin buddies that just dumped their Absolute and other CWB's for the IBEX. Just thoughts from my corner of the world.
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-10-2007, 1:52 PM Reply   
How does the IBEX land? I looked at one and that is a big flat spot in the middle. It hurt my knees looking at it.
Old     (libertylake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-10-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
Not the softest board on the market for landings but remember you're buying this board to go high not far. Meaning you are going to land in the sweet spot more than not. Plus this board is wider than normal giving you more surface area to break the landing. Also, you need to be very aggressive to get out into the flats. When you're aggressive you also get more speed. More speed when landing equals softer landings. The basics behind the entire Ronix line. So from my experience this board is like hitting a doubleup every time.
Old     (jpboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-11-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
Sweet, ya im definitely into the IBEX board for its reputation of aggressive pop, so that is what I wanted to hear. I have been riding a 135 do you guys think i should move up to a 140ish board? People say bigger is better so im just curious on that also. So actually if I made the change to the IBEX i guess it would be a 139.
Old     (jpboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-11-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
Anyone else own or ridden an IBEX, or otherwise know about it?
Old     (sciotorider)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-12-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
i have an IBEX and love it. I was riding an 04parks before. the Ibex has the most pop imo and the landings are super smooth in the trough and out in the flats
Old     (jpboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-13-2007, 12:37 PM Reply   
Sweet, thanks alot for the info, and im just wondering, can i put cwb bindings on the ibex?
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-13-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
yep
Old     (jpboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-13-2007, 1:45 PM Reply   
alright thanks Robert, dont want to have to buy new bindings also.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-13-2007, 5:53 PM Reply   
I rode the Ibex, and I did like it, but im sticking with my ONE.

The pop was amazing, probably a bit more than my ONE, but it was a bit harder to get the distance, and i found myself Casing the wake alot at first.

I would recomend the ONE, but like everyone else has said, Demo everything your looking at.
Old     (jpboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-14-2007, 12:26 PM Reply   
alright thanks man, I will demo the ONE also and see what one I like best. I had looked at the ONE before and was considering it so I guess ill take a look. On the IBEX, is it real hard or something to land in the flats or is it just harder than other boards?
Old     (ryadbl)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-15-2007, 12:29 AM Reply   
I agree with caleb above, I also have an ibex and found the same problem, but I switched from a covin to the ibex, I loved the covins speed and ride, but liked the pop of the ibex, i went back to my covin as it was much more comfortable for me, i got sick of casing as well