Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       10-05-2010, 3:43 PM Reply   
Does anyone have any comments on it. Most likely for a cable park board.....Does it have any kind of a grind base or sintered base on it (will it last on cable or just get destroyed?). Also how loose is it. I thought the liquid force witness was extremely locked in. But I think finless such as slingshots are too loose. Advise??????
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-05-2010, 3:50 PM Reply   
The board does not have any sort of durable base for obstacles. I went to a rail jam that featured a lot of Hyperlite riders, they were all using blem Murrays and the things were looking haggard by the end of the weekend. Finless it will be pretty loose as there are no molded fins, with fins it will get hung up on obstacles and IMO is one of the most locked in boards I've ever ridden.
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-05-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
Jay,

If you are looking for a cable board, I'd suggest the 2011 hyperlite process or 2010/11 hyperlite clash. They all have hyperlites enduro bases, which was refined in 2010 making it have a faster glide speed. They also come with plastic fins so you can ride them at the cable on ramps and rails, and still have plenty of edging power for air tricks. If you rode the LF witness finless and thought it was locked in, then yes these will feel locked in in comparison.
The process is Nick Davies new pro model so I can bet it'll hold up to its fair share of abuse at the cable. hope this helps.
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-05-2010, 8:51 PM Reply   
I ride the 2010 Murray. I absolutely love the board but it is locked in. I wouldn't recommend it for a park board. Go get yourself a slingshot or some other flex for the park. You can find great deals on them now and they are the ticket.

I keep a SS Response in the quiver just in the off chance that this San Diego cable actually opens! That will be the only board I ride on the cable.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       10-07-2010, 3:59 AM Reply   
hmmmmm