Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (raddicrad)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-28-2009, 8:58 AM Reply   
Wondering if anyone has an ideal weighting to make a perfect wake. I've been using 1000 lbs in the middle on top of the factory ballast, but i really want to make a perfect wake. Any advice?
Old     (wotan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-28-2009, 9:20 AM Reply   
I'm curious to see what people say.... I know that I always read of people having success with weighting the front of these boats, but mine (1987 Saltare) is basically the same hull and I don't have any success with weight in the front. I run ~2000 lbs in the back corner. You can probably get away with the 750lb V-Drive sac and another 600lb - 900lb sac since your engine is further back.... use the trim tab/wake plate to stretch that wake out.

Keep us updated on what you find that works.
Old     (mikebu)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-28-2009, 6:12 PM Reply   
Instead of putting all the weight in the front/middle sack use half there and then weight the side up front with a sac on the front cushions.

Most people who really like to wake surf will have sacks run the entire length of the side of the boat they surf on.
Old     (h20k9)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2009, 9:46 PM Reply   
we had a 06' 24 ssv launch,we put a 750 in the rear locker then a half filled 350 on top of that to completely fill the lockr.
bout 5 people on that side and in the back,the wave was huge.
no weight up front.
made a good wave on both sides.just takes about 2k lbs in weight.
Old     (craig_f)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-29-2009, 5:15 PM Reply   
Same boat, we are running 750 in the rear locker, a 400 on the floor between the back seat and the jump seat, the GG front sack and a 400 in the walkway to the bow. The only thing we change is putting the back 400 on the jump seat longways, with the end over the sunpad when we don't have a bunch of people with us.
Old     (craig_f)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-29-2009, 5:19 PM Reply   
Like this (not my picture and not a 24 but the same idea on where to put the extra sacks)

Upload
Old     (raddicrad)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-31-2009, 8:38 AM Reply   
i ended up taking 2x400lb lounges and putting them on the back left seat, emptied out my right ballast, and put 1000 lbs in the middle on the floor. it seemed to work decent. not as tall as i was hoping though... the only problem was the platform dug in too deep and created 2 lips on the wake. :-(