Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-09-2008, 7:46 PM Reply   
So, the two songs Shapiro has on Updog are pretty sick, IMO, and I'm looking for all of the music from my DVDs that I really like, and I've got every song from my favorites except for the truth (haven't looked into those songs yet), it's been an expensive journey, but there is one artist I can't find the music of, and that's Shapiro. I love the stuff, but I can't find it, and the CD isn't up on his website, at least not that I saw... Any help on hunting those songs/cd would be great, cause I'm just about out of resources for music save for Itunes...
Old     (mattfla)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-10-2008, 6:07 AM Reply   
Try contacting him directly maybe?

contact@RIDETHESPOT.NET

I like his jams too, they are mostly pretty mellow.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-11-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
The band that plays his Updog section is First Wave Hello. Look it up on iTunes - their stuff is there.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-11-2008, 1:24 PM Reply   
actually he is talking about the Intro of Updog, and that is Darin's song titled Autobahn. It was never released on CD, although GMC just used it on a Yukon Hybrid commercial they played during the Superbowl (without Darin's permission). Acidcascade's was a project of his a few years ago, so you wouldnt find Autobahn on that.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-11-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
Okay, thanks for the info. Do you know of any way that I could get that song? Because it's a pretty awesome song... I could probably listen to it for a few hours before listening to something else. That kind mellow music is great for studying and reading to...

Also, I just watched that commercial. I'd be pretty ticked off about that. But that's just me.

I just found the song on Itunes. There's a version of it by Ulrich Schnauss. It's called Blumenwiese neben autobahn... Now I are just confuzzled...

(Message edited by wakeboardern1 on February 11, 2008)
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-11-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
After reading wakeboard Nebraska post I instantly searched out the artist to the gmc commercial. The song and artist from the commercial is blumenwiese neben autobahn by Ulrich Schnauss

Bummer, I thought Darin was going to be a millionaire from the settlement!!!
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-11-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
I do have the .WAV file of it that I used when I made the video... big file though, so it's not really an emailable file.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-12-2008, 9:53 AM Reply   
I downloaded the Ulrich Schnauss version from Itunes. From what I can tell listening to it in Updog, there difference is somewhere around the 2 minute mark, where Schnauss starts with beeps and boops, whereas Shapiro's doesn't seem to do that, which I definitely like more. The beeps and boops don't seem to fit in with the song that well.. but oh well.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-12-2008, 11:35 AM Reply   
yea, I actually had Darin take that out for Updog, because I didnt dig that part either- but it was my understanding that it was Darin's song.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-12-2008, 12:48 PM Reply   
Now I'm kind of curious about all of this... If he was able to take it out, it seems to me as though that would imply that he has the actual synthesizer file or something. I didn't think that you could specific aspects of a song without actually having been the one to make the song. I could understand if the song was merely warped, or stuff was added in, but hmmm... I'll do some more research on this German guy...