Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-22-2014, 8:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
F the wedding. Let's demo some boats! Make sure you get out to the boat show!
I'm prob gonna hit boat show that thurs or friday for sure. I agree on the wedding. I did the the preliminary budget and hitting me for like 25. I could have traded my boat in and had a new boat cash. I'm still letting that sink in......but we like our boat. Gonna tear into this week and redo the ballast and windshield
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-22-2014, 9:20 AM Reply   
Just make sure you invite people with deep pockets!
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-22-2014, 9:59 AM Reply   
Promarine should do wedding registration
Old     (Wake08)      Join Date: Sep 2012       01-22-2014, 3:23 PM Reply   
Cory, he said he doesn't have a spool gun so he can't do aluminum, sorry man.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       01-22-2014, 4:42 PM Reply   
Anyone going to Greensboro boat show this weekend?
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-22-2014, 8:14 PM Reply   
I rode Monday in SC with just a wetsuit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (AdamTX)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-24-2014, 7:50 AM Reply   
Sort of on topic - anyone know of a good fiberglass shop in the Charlotte area? Need to get a nice crack/hole repaired soon!

Sent from my ADR930L using Tapatalk 2
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-24-2014, 8:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamTX View Post
Sort of on topic - anyone know of a good fiberglass shop in the Charlotte area? Need to get a nice crack/hole repaired soon!

Sent from my ADR930L using Tapatalk 2
A friend of mine had her X15 repaired through Charlotte Ski Boats. They probably hire it out, but you may want to call them and ask them. The repair was done great on her boat, it's a black hull and you could NEVER tell it was damaged.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-24-2014, 9:39 AM Reply   
I never got the story on that btw lol
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-24-2014, 9:49 AM Reply   
Wake08 knows more about it than I do lol... Not much of a story though, sort of a freak thing while pulling onto the trailer and the boat got damaged.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-24-2014, 10:22 AM Reply   
Now I remember why I winch mine up again
Old     (Wake08)      Join Date: Sep 2012       01-24-2014, 1:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
Wake08 knows more about it than I do lol... Not much of a story though, sort of a freak thing while pulling onto the trailer and the boat got damaged.
The dealership had the guide poles on the trailer too narrow so when it was coming in to trailer one time it bounced too hard off of one (they are springy, it's an odd setup) into the other and the padding was worn through on the pole as well so it scratched the boat as it ran along the rail. New padding and bringing the poles out since made sure that didn't happen again.

The guy did great work though as Tom said and the turnaround was pretty quick. The longest delay was the setting/drying which actually speaks well of him in my opinion that he didn't rush the work in order to ensure it was still good quality.

On that note, she went through the Charlotte Mastercraft dealer. It's their go-to guy as far as I know; I'm pretty sure if you contact them they can get you all of the information you need / set you up to get it fixed.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-28-2014, 11:11 AM Reply   
look up " touch of glass" they are over by Huntersville, they cleaned up a used boat I took in and did a nice job, I also got to see some other work they were doing during mine
Old    alanp            01-28-2014, 12:09 PM Reply   
charlotte checking in. we need to do a pre season meet up.
Old     (Wake08)      Join Date: Sep 2012       01-29-2014, 9:47 AM Reply   
March is normally a good time of year, maybe an early camping trip again in Apr/May on Falls depending on how the weather shapes up.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-29-2014, 11:46 AM Reply   
Just got my 2013 recoil in today and can't wait for the season to start.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-30-2014, 11:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
The dealership had the guide poles on the trailer too narrow so when it was coming in to trailer one time it bounced too hard off of one (they are springy, it's an odd setup) into the other and the padding was worn through on the pole as well so it scratched the boat as it ran along the rail. New padding and bringing the poles out since made sure that didn't happen again.
Ouch! Must be an MC thing. Mine are way too narrow too.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-05-2014, 6:34 AM Reply   
Hey North Carolina! It's time for Wake N Flake! Wakeboard and snowboard on the same day with a bunch of your friends. It is a blast. This is our 6th year of doing this. Check it out www.wakenflake.com
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-06-2014, 6:15 AM Reply   
Hey all! I am still down in Tega Cay. I am game for a meet before spring or maybe even a first day of spring meet.
Anyone riding Wylie and want to meet anytime let me know. Got a fresh keg at the house :-)
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-06-2014, 2:12 PM Reply   
Hey...come visit me at the boat show. I'm at Huntley Marine. We have 2 Supreme boats here. Would love to do a demo day on Wylie soon!

Todd
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       02-06-2014, 5:55 PM Reply   
Anyone gonna be at the boat show in Raleigh Saturday?
Old     (adam_fields)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-06-2014, 6:05 PM Reply   
I'll be there at the Raleigh show. Come see us at the Overby Marine booth.

Keep June 21 weekend on your radar for a huge pro event at Lake Gaston! More details to come at www.afwake.com

Bring on the summertime!
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       02-06-2014, 9:12 PM Reply   
Adam, r u gonna be there sat and Sunday? I met u last year at the show and talked to u about coming on my boat for instruction. I just got a mxz22 and want to progress enough to justify my purchase. I hope to see u there and talk with u about setting that up
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-07-2014, 7:09 AM Reply   
I'm going Sat. too
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-07-2014, 8:18 AM Reply   
Stop by Pro Marine booth Saturday or Sunday and say what's up
Old     (adam_fields)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-10-2014, 5:49 AM Reply   
I'd be very happy to help you dial that boat in, set some goals, and build a plan to achieve those goals! Give me a shout whenever its getting warm enough for you.

That goes for everyone! Let's do some serious progressing this year! My contact info is at www.afwake.com Hit me up!
Old     (freshturk)      Join Date: Feb 2014       02-11-2014, 4:12 AM Reply   
Just finalized my lease, moving to Cornelius from Ohio at the end of April. '12 moomba lsv. Hopefully someone can help with storage recommendations. Dry storage seems like the most logical in terms of location and ease of use due to me renting and not buying yet. Anyone have any experience with Kings point or holiday Marina. Definitely looking for a crew this summer!
Old     (jcon44)      Join Date: Aug 2012 Location: denver, NC       02-11-2014, 11:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshturk View Post
Just finalized my lease, moving to Cornelius from Ohio at the end of April. '12 moomba lsv. Hopefully someone can help with storage recommendations. Dry storage seems like the most logical in terms of location and ease of use due to me renting and not buying yet. Anyone have any experience with Kings point or holiday Marina. Definitely looking for a crew this summer!
I kept my boat at holiday for a few years and have no complaints. I cant speak for Kings point personally but they were more expensive when i was looking and I had friends that complained about waiting awhile for their boats on busy days. I don't think they let you call ahead, while Holiday does and I never had an issue even on busy weekends. I tipped the kids working there often and they took great care of me and my boat! good luck and enjoy LKN!
Old     (buzzardmountainz)      Join Date: Jun 2010       02-11-2014, 6:08 PM Reply   
Lake Tillery here...
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-11-2014, 8:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzardmountainz View Post
Lake Tillery here...

I hear that a lake tillery resident just bought a very pimped out one of a kind purple 23 lsv.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-12-2014, 7:14 AM Reply   
Must be the one Pro marine had at the boat show.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       02-12-2014, 7:44 AM Reply   
shout out to pro marine in durham for the great deal they gave me. Their center piece for the raliegh show was simply stunning and an awesome piece of machinery. That lsv looked so sick and trust me when i say the pics dont do it justice. And yes that is purple metal flake done custom by malibu for them and yes another brand owner may recognize it as their brands color. just awesome to see someone do something so unique and different and step up to the plate with a loud and trendy design. Thomas and Jimmy really took care of me on my boat purchase and if their service turns out to be as good as my purchase then they will always have a customer in me. check out the link to the raleigh boat show and the pimped out lsv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDns2...ature=youtu.be
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-12-2014, 8:24 AM Reply   
Blair, that's the one!

Mike, not sure we got to meet, but i was in the Pro Marine booth all weekend.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       02-12-2014, 11:01 AM Reply   
I thought u were t sangster this whole time? Were u the one that blew the cover on him with that he didn't have that girls badge the whole time?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-12-2014, 12:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEnNC View Post
I thought u were t sangster this whole time? Were u the one that blew the cover on him with that he didn't have that girls badge the whole time?

Hahaha yes that would be me. I am not Thomas Sangster.
Old     (buzzardmountainz)      Join Date: Jun 2010       02-12-2014, 7:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
I hear that a lake tillery resident just bought a very pimped out one of a kind purple 23 lsv.
Tell him to message me if he's on the forums. We are doing a Wake the World event on Tillery this summer.
Old     (lkgwake)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-07-2014, 6:22 PM Reply   
I keep my boat and ride on LKG and occasionally ride on the creeks, rivers, sounds and bays of NE North Carolina and SE Virginia with friends. Would like to find some more people to ride with. Would also like to find someone with a winch thats interested in year round riding.
Old     (mgrantfrancis)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-09-2014, 9:52 AM Reply   
North Raleigh here! ride mostly Falls lake sometime i make the trip up to Smith mountain though.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-09-2014, 7:39 PM Reply   
A few of us on Norman have been riding all winter in wetsuits. You all have no excuse.

Hopefully soon our family will be getting our boat in a position to be launched frequently as well.
Old    slaughterbeck            03-11-2014, 4:10 PM Reply   
I live in Fuquay Varina and have a small place in Clarksville VA. I usually keep my boat at Kerr lake but when I'm home, it's usually Harris. My office is near Falls and I used to live over there. I'd love to link up with some other folks this year and spend some time riding, then grouping up to drink a couple. I'm VERY novice but love to wakeboard and surf. I've got an 06 Wakesetter XTI. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394579357.413521.jpg
Views: 2050
Size:  106.8 KB
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       03-13-2014, 11:54 AM Reply   
Hey folks,

I ride a lot on Mountain Island, Tillery and sometimes Lake Wylie. I have an 06 Malibu V-ride and have been finding it harder to find folks
to ride with the last couple of seasons. Wouldn't mind meeting up with some like minded folks once in a while. I am 48 and not the most skilled
boarder in the world but like going out and having fun. Trying to fight off old age, lol. Just took up snowboarding a couple years ago....
Not sure why all the stuff I like to do costs so much and also threatens to kill me most of the time?
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-13-2014, 12:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
I live in Fuquay Varina and have a small place in Clarksville VA. I usually keep my boat at Kerr lake but when I'm home, it's usually Harris. My office is near Falls and I used to live over there. I'd love to link up with some other folks this year and spend some time riding, then grouping up to drink a couple. I'm VERY novice but love to wakeboard and surf. I've got an 06 Wakesetter XTI.
We hit falls every weekend and any good wed/thurs nights. We also suck but enjoy beer
Old     (Wake08)      Join Date: Sep 2012       03-14-2014, 5:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamburell View Post
We hit falls every weekend and any good wed/thurs nights. We also suck but enjoy beer
The beer makes us better though, both in our own minds as well as the people spectating.
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-14-2014, 5:22 AM Reply   
Hey Tim, hit me up some time. I ride the south end of Wylie a lot but work near Mountain Island. I ride as much as I can and normally have 1-2 peeps down to ride. I picked up a 95 SS Nauti last year. As you mentioned it has got harder to find people to ride well wakeboard, seems like everyone is surfing on my end of the lake.
704-506-5700 Raymond
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-14-2014, 6:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
The beer makes us better though, both in our own minds as well as the people spectating.
Explains why I think I'm a f***king all star!

Last edited by williamburell; 03-14-2014 at 6:09 AM.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       03-15-2014, 6:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by burban89 View Post
Hey Tim, hit me up some time. I ride the south end of Wylie a lot but work near Mountain Island. I ride as much as I can and normally have 1-2 peeps down to ride. I picked up a 95 SS Nauti last year. As you mentioned it has got harder to find people to ride well wakeboard, seems like everyone is surfing on my end of the lake.
704-506-5700 Raymond

Thanks Raymond....sounds good. I will get up with you as it gets a little warmer. I sometimes have a day off during the week which is a great time to go but harder to find folks to join me. I am good to go to Wylie...it's actually the closest lake to where my boat lives. I am not as familiar with Wylie as far as the best places to ride. I like the north end of Mt Island probably the best of all...water is usually always good.
My friend who lives up near Norman has a 95 or 96 SS....nice boat. I am going to shoot you a text so you will have my number.

Tim
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-16-2014, 11:20 AM Reply   
For the non-facebookers, please come join us at Falls Lake for fun day to hang out and party.

OK Folks, let's kick this summer off with a blast! Since so many people responded that they are riding in the Raleigh area, let's all meetup at Falls Lake like we did last year. We had something like 20 boats last year. I think we can EASILY double that number this year. So Let's Do It!

We'll meet up in the Cove just upstream from the Sharp S-Turns. Don't worry, I'll put a Google Maps point up. We'll plan to start tying up/hanging out at noon.

ProMarine Wake will be representing and bringing some goodies/giveaways.

Lastly, what meetup of wakeboarders would be complete without some Double Ups? Not this one, that's for sure. We'll pull some double ups and goof around. Whoever lands the coolest trick (or any trick at all maybe) will get a cool prize courtesy of Pro Marine Wake. This isn't a contest per-say, but we'll throw down, have some fun and someone will walk away with something cool and a whole bunch of street cred.

Don't be shy, I expect a high level of attendance!
Old     (Wake08)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-16-2014, 6:35 PM Reply   
Hopefully Justin can throw some more 7's out of the clouds with everyone watching
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-17-2014, 5:23 AM Reply   
Sounds like a good time.
Old     (AdamTX)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-21-2014, 5:14 PM Reply   
Took the old nauti on Lake Wylie and rode for the first time this year today. It's gonna be a great summer!

Wylie folks let's get together sometime soon.
Old     (Wakeskater11)      Join Date: May 2013       04-24-2014, 11:18 PM Reply   
Hey guys! My name is Lucas and I ride on Lake Norman, I'm in Mooresville. I wakeboard and wakeskate. I don't have a boat, but can be an extra rider. I know how to drive and will chip in for gas. Text me if you wanna go out 704-995-556eight
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-25-2014, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamTX View Post
Took the old nauti on Lake Wylie and rode for the first time this year today. It's gonna be a great summer!

Wylie folks let's get together sometime soon.

Adam hit me up, always looking to meet new folks on Wylie. My supra is all ready to hit the water, just had a dual battery and perko switch installed so the tunes can play all day while rafting up. PM me.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       04-29-2021, 1:54 PM Reply   
I know wakeworld is dead and this is a long shot. If any Raleigh riders ever want to get out let me know. We frequent Hyco and Falls. Wave us down if you see us out there. Always looking for people to ride with as it’s usually just 2 of us in my 2017 Supra SA.

Shoot me a text 651 334 0097