Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (parker)      Join Date: May 2007       01-30-2008, 6:02 AM Reply   
Anybody know the going rate to service a used 01' SAN and what it consists of? This was bought from a dealer so they serviced it less than twelve months ago, it's pretty much going to stay in storage until it heats up again.

Thanks, if there are already similar posts - sorry I looked but didn't find anything.

thanks again.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-30-2008, 7:13 AM Reply   
Everyone has their preferences, but you can save a ton of $$$ by doing it yourself. Changing the fluids (tranny, V-drive, oil) is SOOOOO very easy with a good quality extraction pump. The impeller is a bit of a pain to get out, but still very simple to change. Winterizing is also very simple.

If you've never done any type of maintenance before the first time may take you a little while, but everytime after that it will be a breeze.

Once you do it the first time you will wonder why anyone would pay the high $$$ dealers charge to do such simple things.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-30-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
too damn much. pick up a PCM manual. or crawl around the boat. couple oil changes, winterize/dewinterize could run a thousand or more thru a dealer.

search specific things like: vdrive fluid on 2001 SAN, or changing impeller 2001 SAN
Old     (parker)      Join Date: May 2007       01-30-2008, 12:35 PM Reply   
thanks guys. for what they were asking I could gas up the boat for the first half of next season.
Old     (tjs_ccc)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-30-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
Hey Parker, I have another perspective for you (I'm a Nautique Dealer). For $380 we change all of your fluids (v-drive, engine oil, transmission) and filters. Adjust your packing. Align the engine. Inspect and lube all control cables. Change out your impellor. Give the entire boat "the once over" including ballast, electrical, belts, stereo, accessories, underwater gear and hull.

We will also advise you about the need for a fuel or ignition service (which insn't always needed every year with EFI motors). As a dealer we sometimes can catch things when they are a small problem instead of waiting until you have a big one.

If your in So Cal....go to californiacorrectcraft.com and schedual an appointment or call us. Many owners can do their own "basic service", but take it in for a "complete physical/service" at a good dealer at least every other year. It will save you money in the long run and it lets us make a couple bucks so we can stay in business.\clipart Tim{happy}
Old     (parker)      Join Date: May 2007       01-31-2008, 5:18 AM Reply   
Hey Tim, I guess that was the answer I was looking for. I'll talk to my local dealer (I'm not in CA) and see what he'll do all that for (the basic service) and then next year do the "complete service". I don't have the time to tear my boat apart and figure things out, and maybe they will catch something I wouldn't. I want to have a decent relationship with my dealer, I just didn't feel right having them tell me I needed to do everything they just did 5 months ago when I bought the boat. Although we did manage to put on over 100 hours in that time.

Maybe when I have more time I'll start doing bits of it on my own, but for now one my weekends are worked too hard for to work on the boat.

Thanks again guys.