Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    yearling            01-09-2004, 11:43 AM Reply   
Were thinking of making "halfcab productions" as our film making name. Not for sale or anything, but just as name of the productions. I came up with a logo in a few minutes and just wanted to know what you think, and if halfcab productions is already taken.

logo
Old    emoney            01-09-2004, 12:37 PM Reply   
Definitely to much going on. The text just looks as if it were thrown in there, like a last minute idea. Your logo need to be prominate and simplified, just trying to help out. Good Luck with everything hope all goes well
Old    yearling            01-09-2004, 1:57 PM Reply   
Thx for the advice eric. Being that your a graphic artist, I see you know what your talking about. I want to get the halfcab incorperated in better and I want to simplify the middle of it also.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-09-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
IS the logo supposed to represent anything? It looks to me like something that you did on paint in 5 minutes. I would perfer something that represents the company or the name a little better. Im not trying to be negative, just offering my opinion, thats all. Cool name though and good luck to you.
Old    ryanvolcom            01-09-2004, 2:58 PM Reply   
i think it would look cool if you made the logo in the middle of halcab and productions with a bigger text that way it would stand out more and look better.

Old    walt            01-09-2004, 5:04 PM Reply   
Looks like a bad acid trip !
Old    yearling            01-09-2004, 5:15 PM Reply   
Heh.. yeah you guys are right, its way to confusing. Im sick and I got all day to make more so ill just keep throwing em out and you tell me what you think.
new logo
Old    yearling            01-09-2004, 5:16 PM Reply   
It would definetly undergo some surgery, but tell me if the idea is good before I keep goin with it.
Old    walt            01-09-2004, 5:36 PM Reply   
Much better but a little hard to read.
Old    emoney            01-12-2004, 5:10 AM Reply   
2p, Check out my logo for my company,www.pierx.com you will see that the text is first and foremost and the design element(wave) comes second.....This is what you should do.
Old     (butterflybdr540)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-13-2004, 11:34 AM Reply   
Yip Eric is good at designing! check out www.texaswakeboarding.com and he did the design in the upper left corner.

B
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-13-2004, 12:08 PM Reply   
can't say i like any of the logo designs at all, but i think halfcab productions is a great name.
Old     (butterflybdr540)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-13-2004, 12:26 PM Reply   
sorry it is www.texaswakeboard.com

B
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-13-2004, 12:29 PM Reply   
Uhh...I wouldnt suggest that picture in the top right corner of that site.

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on January 13, 2004)
Old     (butterflybdr540)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-13-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
Um Okay- I would but actually it is just filler while we are building. I am curious why you say that?
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-13-2004, 1:06 PM Reply   
I am sure the photographer of that picture would not like you ripping him off (filler or not).

http://www.monstertower.com/customerphotos/index.htm

Isnt he a member on this site too?
Old     (butterflybdr540)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-13-2004, 3:06 PM Reply   
ooh I had no idea! I am actually not the one who originally put that on there nor is my web designer. Those are pictures the consultant put on the parking page before we started building and we just left them. In that case you are right, but there is no need for you to say I am "ripping him off". Do you think there is a need to be so harsh?
I dont think there is.

B

B
Old     (butterflybdr540)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-13-2004, 3:10 PM Reply   
It will be taken care of. Sorry Mr. Photographer. We just followed someone elses lead and left them.

Also Pierce we don't have members just yet because the site isn't done but maybe one day they will be. I have hope..

Lata B
Old    yearling            01-13-2004, 4:17 PM Reply   
I have completely changed the whole layout of it. The text is the only thing that stands out. Ill post it tommorow and see what everybody thinks. Thx for all the advice.
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-13-2004, 4:35 PM Reply   
Yea, that pic is from Barry Vaught, you can see his work on the "hottest female boarder" thread.
Old     (butterflybdr540)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-13-2004, 9:53 PM Reply   
Yeah I noticed that I was wondering when this guy was going to tell them to quit using those pictures of Mandy too. I sent an email apologizing and that pic will be off our site. It was an absolute mistake not "ripping" anyone off!!

B
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-14-2004, 7:36 AM Reply   
I'm cool with other boards using our pictures, as long as it's not a competitor or being used for making money. If its supporting fellow riders and their enjoyment of wakeboarding and pretty girls I'd hate to be greedy :-)
Old     (butterflybdr540)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-14-2004, 10:10 AM Reply   
Thanks Bill. I appreciate that!

B
Old    yearling            01-14-2004, 5:32 PM Reply   
I listened to the advice and I finally have a new logo that doesnt look that bad!
improved logo
Old    emoney            01-15-2004, 4:53 AM Reply   
Looking better, In my opinion you need the text to stick out a little more wether you change the color or the size of it. Getting better,Peace
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-15-2004, 9:18 AM Reply   
Looks like water...cool.
Yeah the text doesn't quite stand out enough...for a still image used as a corporate logo.

If it's presented right, it doesn't have to be the largest thing you see...

You said this is for film, right?

Can we see the animation of your logo?

I think for home video production this a great start...when you go commercial, you can revamp your image.

Good luck...

BTW...what is 2p
pee pee?

(Message edited by blackandblue on January 15, 2004)
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-15-2004, 9:34 AM Reply   
Just for kicks, here's one of my favorite home videos...it opens with MY production company logo, thingie...stuff.
http://thevogts.com/vids/
Right click and save the following...
beth_video.wmv

Oh yeah...music by Rancid.
Rancid rocks!
Old    yearling            01-15-2004, 4:25 PM Reply   
Gregg- It is for film, but I dont know how to use the flash creator yet. So its just going to be a still image. O by the way 2p is an abreviation for my last name. Tupy...
Old    walt            01-15-2004, 5:48 PM Reply   
That looks great ! I wonder how that would look as a oval instead of a rectangle.
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-16-2004, 7:03 AM Reply   
My intro, I did in Flash (Macromedia)...it's a great tool. I haven't played with Flash Creator...so I can't help you there, sorry. But if you have Photoshop you can use the Imageready portion to create animated gifs and just make a bunch of frames - adjusting the filter effect a little each time. Import the created gif into your video editor. Voila!

I initially did this one (see link below) that way...later I put it into flash. Note: the image was displayed in a window about 3x5, full screen will look pixelated.
http://vse.biz/data/logowetani1.html

Walt, here is what it would look like as an oval (2p, please excuse me for taking the liberty to play with it)

Old    walt            01-16-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
That looks killer ! How would it look with blue ?
Old    walt            01-16-2004, 11:47 AM Reply   
I've printed lots of logo's that didn't look that good.
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-16-2004, 11:55 AM Reply   
yes... that looks way more professional. Bigger letters or something different would look way better. but the idea is smokin!
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-16-2004, 12:23 PM Reply   

Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-16-2004, 12:37 PM Reply   
Most important question on this thread; Is the logo made in vector?
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-16-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
Pierce, no it's probably not vector (mine was certainly raster).
I also considered that point when I first responded. (because of the reproduction issues mostly) But this is just for video...and home production at that. Then you have 2p, who is only 14...he is not ready to be so corporate...nor does he likely have the $$$ to get the pro software needed. That's why I threw out the comment earlier about "revamping" when he goes commercial.

I have a 14 yr old son, and as I compare him and 2p...2p is doing an awesome job! And I mean that. Also, he hasn't been slowed down by any of the constructive criticism early on. That is ultra-cool.

So, I have to disagree. I say the "Most important question on this thread" is how can we best support this young artist.

2p...rock on!
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-16-2004, 1:13 PM Reply   
Good point Gregg, I retaliate my question.
Old    yearling            01-18-2004, 7:59 PM Reply   
Thx gregg for all the help. I was gone on a trip for 4 days so I didn't get to check the posts lately. I actually am using macromedia. My brother just got the disk that has flash, fireworks, freehand, and dreamweaver. I really don't know how to much on it yet, but I'm getting better. If you don't mind, I was wondering if I could actually use the oval idea. That turned out awsome. Thx again.
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-19-2004, 6:29 AM Reply   
Pierce, sorry if I came on like a bulldog, it's a stupid dad thing. I try so hard to avoid doing that, but sometimes...it just takes over.

2p
It's your design...why would I mind you using it? I just adjusted the frame, that's all. And I'll also share the "Thx" with everyone else who chimed in on this thread. It wasn't just me. Thank you all.

I'm glad you are working in Flash...it's a great program. There are built-in tutorials that you should do, and also a lot of help and sample files out here on the web.
http://webforums.macromedia.com/flash/
http://www.flashkit.com/index.shtml
http://www.echoecho.com/flash.htm
You can also create vector logos in flash and export them in an eps format. I do this a lot, because the flash design tools are so easy to use.

I'm also gonna email you my working file in a PNG format. This file has the logo itself on a separate layer (separate from the white background). As a Photoshop file is difficult for Flash to import properly (transparency issues), a PNG works perfectly. This will allow you to place the logo over other images or designs.

If there is anything else you need, now or in the future, mail or aim me (AM is best for aim).

Don't forget to post your movies when they're done.

Gregg-
Old    yearling            01-21-2004, 3:11 PM Reply   
Hopefully this will work out. I still have it in png format. I changed the text around to it stands out more. I think the new words look way cooler than the old ones.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-21-2004, 3:27 PM Reply   
i think the coloring of the letters doesn't work. the green danny used looked better and the grey gregg did was even better than that. but a pretty damn nice logo! nice collective effort. i think the oval shape was definitely the way to go. great that you're able to work so well with folks 2p.
Old    walt            01-21-2004, 3:43 PM Reply   
Good job on the Type 2P !!! The logo almost has a 3D look.
Old    yearling            01-22-2004, 4:23 PM Reply   
Thx guys. I kind of agree that the color of the halfcab doesnt really go with the green. Im going to try to change the coloring. Ive come a very far way, and now im ready to start animating it in flash, and make it so it will appear cool in the videos. Its almost finished!
Old    yearling            01-23-2004, 3:58 PM Reply   
I finally finished the halfcab animation and Ive already made a few t-shirts. They look awsome and im really glad with how all of this has turned out. The pic below is the emblem that I put on a few t-shirts.
t-shirt emblem
Old    emoney            01-26-2004, 5:41 AM Reply   
Dude no offense but it looks like it says HATE LAB, what about using the oval graphic for the T's, that is a much better logo...Just my 2 cents.
Peace
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-26-2004, 5:52 AM Reply   
Ha ha ha...that's exactly what I thought...too funny. I was thinkin it...just didn't say it.

Sorry 2p, I'm good with the oval too.
Hey, Sorry 'bout ditchin ya on friday (on aim)...I was totally swamped and couldn't talk.
Old    emoney            01-26-2004, 6:46 AM Reply   
Hey Gregg must be a graphic thing....or great minds think alike...Peace
Old    yearling            01-26-2004, 3:12 PM Reply   
Lol I didnt really see that until now. O well, its not like im selling the t-shirts. Im sure they would be a good gag gift.