Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (kapsized)      Join Date: May 2008       03-19-2010, 2:34 PM Reply   
Looking for advice on what size and make WAKEBOARD and bindings would work well for young kids. They both ski and the older one can surf on a CWB Tsunami. Their sizes are:
1)younger rider: 3'11" 43 lbs. boy's size 1 shoe
2)older rider: 4'6" 56 lbs. boy's size 4 shoe
Is it possible to get them both using the same board & bindings given the size range? (If not, I'm mainly looking for one that will work for the older guy.)
Also, if anyone has passed the kid stage, is cleaning out the garage and wants to sell their old stuff, let me know. I'm really looking for used gear for them because I know how fast they will grow and I don't want to spend too much!
TIA,
Kapsized
Old     (David126)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-19-2010, 3:05 PM Reply   
I have a 126 O'brien myth with 2 sets of bindings if your intersted
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-19-2010, 3:15 PM Reply   
Take a look at the Ronix Vision 120. Designed specifically for kids, really easy to ride, very forgiving but still something you can absolutely shred on. Easily supports 80lbs, even seen some 100lbs kids on it and your youngest would be able to ride it now no problems. You'd be able to keep it for a few seasons.

http://www.perfski.com/Wakeboards/20...ision-120.html
Old     (kapsized)      Join Date: May 2008       03-20-2010, 8:35 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info. English, what do you think of the bindings? Are they easy for the kids to get in and out? My older kids ride and they have Ronix bindings ('08 models) that seem to be harder than normal to get into.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-20-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
The vision boot is really easy to get in and out of and are durable, they fit really nicely, supportive and comfortable. A friend of mine who has tiny feet shreds them at the cable park so they perform really great as well. The boots have improved heaps since 08. Its a really good package.
Old     (andyw)      Join Date: May 2006       03-20-2010, 2:42 PM Reply   
The Ronix Vision is the way to go. My son started on the Hyperlite 109 at 3 years old and has been riding it for the last 5 years. He just got the Ronix Vision board and bindings and loves the whole package. I have attached a picture of him riding it. I thought it would be too big compared to what he had been riding but he tried it and loved it! Everything is perfect for him. Bindings are made for small feet and he can get in and out of them on his own and tighten them up on his own. He just turned 8 and he weighs 58 pounds.
Attached Images