Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-05-2008, 9:20 AM Reply   
Which pro do you think has the most fun out there? Seen a bunch of threads with best or most innovative rider, not sure if anyone has asked this. Could be based off knowing them, seeing them ride in comps, or their video sections. I'd vote for Shaun Murray
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-05-2008, 9:40 AM Reply   
Danny Hampson. Everyone I know that has met him all say he's pretty much the most chill dude ever.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-05-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
after I watched innuendo, I'm tempted to say G Daniels
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-05-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
Me... nah lol idk i think that most pros have fun. I prob pick ruck though
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-05-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
all of them. Everyone I ride with is so thankful that this is the life they get to live. They get paid to have fun. My Vote would have to go to the groms tho- after taking Alex Scagliotti and AJ Racinelli out ride a few days last year, I would say they have more fun than anyone. We litterly had to take the rope off to get them in the boat!
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-05-2008, 10:13 AM Reply   
ARRON REED. That guy is the funniest most down to earth guy. How many videos have you seen where arron rocks shorty shorts and wild cut off tees. Theres alot of guys that are hilarious and are all about having fun and looking rediculous while doing it, Arron just sticks out the most to me.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-05-2008, 10:46 AM Reply   
Okay guys, I am sure all the personalities suggest they are having the most fun, but what about riding style? Who do you think has the style that represents "fun". For example, Murray throwing those tuble turns to raley, to tumble turn to switch raley. Things like that that stylize the idea of fun when they ride. Who is riding to have fun and not stick a set "hit list"?

One of my votes would be most likely Collin Wright. That guy is always soul slayshin and generally looking like a fun ride. Collin Harrington's shots of hand dragging on glass in some exotic locations are pretty cool too.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-05-2008, 11:21 AM Reply   
RHETT WHATLEY...bar none
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-05-2008, 11:32 AM Reply   
Exactly. I'd say I'm having the most fun when I'm riding b/c I love the sport as i'm sure everyone on here does it for the love of it. But there are definitely pros out there that you can tell by their style they're really enjoying themselves, like Murray and the tumble turns.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-05-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
my whole crew has more fun than any other group of ppl i know. on the water, in the boat, at the dock, on the deck, in the house, anywhere.

i heard that kyle. everytime you see that kid he looks like, well, a kid having the time of his life, always smiling and laughing. It's evident in his riding as well.
Old     (keith2002)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-05-2008, 11:59 AM Reply   
I think jr is right. I saw joel at a DRA event last year and he was having so much fun he missed his pull

(Message edited by keith2002 on March 05, 2008)
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-05-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
nobody has the MOST fun. Anybody who does this for themself and not for the money, fitting in, ect ect is having the MOST fun
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-05-2008, 3:44 PM Reply   
Shaun Murray always looks like he is having a blast and puts on a show for the crowd. I have seen him throw huge raleys outside of the comp course and tumble turns. It just looks like he is loving life when he is riding.
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-05-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
Erik Ruck just seems like such a laid back chill kinda guy.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-05-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
I'd say Murray, Harf, or Ben G.
Old     (chillwiththebrosandkickback)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-05-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
Who care how much fun there having, I have the most fun and thats why I ride. Its not only the tricks you pull but the vibe you provide others, I've seen this with alot of the boardsports I enjoy. People are at their best when there having a blast, and shreding mad Gnar, or whatever turns them on, or gives them that fresh feeling in there stomach!!!!!
Old     (majorryan2212)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-05-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
I think either Murray or Hansen they are both Really chill riders i went to murrays camp and got to ride with both they were real chill people and looked like they had a LOT of fun trying new stuff and trying to teach me and some buddies how to board
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-06-2008, 6:28 AM Reply   
After rereading these posts I have to take my statement back about the groms and agree more with Grant.

The Answer every single one of us should be answering is "Me." Thats why we ride, for ourselves because we love it, if your not you better check yourself.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-06-2008, 6:31 AM Reply   
I am too busy having fun to worry about what the "pros" are doing...
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-06-2008, 7:38 AM Reply   
I see that many people are posting pros as answers, but of all the people i have seen ride the person who struck me the most as "having fun" and really enjoying wakeboarding was some random guy (who's name i don't even remember) who was on a boat that took me for a ride. He was very much a beginner and hadn't started jumping w2w well yet. He had the biggest smile on his face every second of his ride. I enjoyed watching him more than any of the other riders in the boat that day... i bet i would have enjoyed watching him more than myself even.
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-06-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
cuz the thread started with "which pro"
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-06-2008, 8:46 AM Reply   
The smile Tino flashes at the start of his section in Metronome really gave me the impression that he was just having a ton of fun.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-06-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   

thanx shane, I let focus on the title steer me away from the opening thread ('cause it says WHO and not WHICH...). but, i made my point beside the point anyway.

However, to stay with the threads original integrity and question i would vote Scott Byerly, just because of how long he has been doing it. Also Shaun Murray, such a zany (in a good way) stylish guy. keep it up! both of ya!

(Message edited by wakerider111 on March 06, 2008)
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-06-2008, 11:22 AM Reply   
your welcome, btw murray has my vote, anyone who shows up for his run in a space suit has got to be having fun!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-06-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
I've been in the boat with a lot of today's top pro's, and they ALL have fun! That's why they do what they do. None of them are doing this for any other reason... They benefit from being pro's but they all got here cause it's fun for them and they love doing it.
Old     (cody_08_lsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-06-2008, 12:24 PM Reply   
SHANE BONIFAY! killer style n LYMAN also,,, both r so sick they have my vote
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-06-2008, 1:35 PM Reply   
Dammit Andy you stole my answer!
Old     (finleym)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-12-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
I would have to say for the women Amber Wing and for the men Randall Harris and Murray
For the women wakeskaters Stef Tor, and she is a lot of fun to be around as well.