Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (kikrid01)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-21-2011, 1:39 PM Reply   
To all the wakeworld members it is with deep sadness that I post this thread. Alan Bogdanoff passed away this Wednesday January 19,2010. His death comes as shock too many since he was only 43 years old. Alan was known in the industry as one of the early pioneers and enthusiasts of wakesurfing. Alan was a competitive surfer from a young age and when discovering the ability to surf an endless wave at the end of a boat, he was hooked. Alan began, "Alan Bogdanoff Wakesurfboards" a spin off from his traditional surfboard business "Alan Bogdanoff Surboard Designs". Alan loved spending his time on the water, many people on this site may remember him from his wakesurfing and as a rep for Calabria boats. Alan is survived by a great family, but most importantly by his daughter Camilla(7) and his son Matteo(4).

Alan's death came after having a heart attach recently which rendered him in a coma. After numerous weeks of struggling Alan appeared to be recovering. However shortly there after he contracted pnuemonia and his body in its weakened state could not fight it off. Alan will be missed by many. He was a father, a son, a husband, a brother, and above all a friend.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-21-2011, 1:52 PM Reply   
Aweful. Hug everyone you can every day. Pneumonia took my mom in much the same fashion was just a bit ill and bam gone in 2 days. My heart goes out to family and friends.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-21-2011, 6:31 PM Reply   
So sad. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-22-2011, 8:29 AM Reply   
Alan was an awesome guy. Got to meet and spend some time with him a few years back. I feel blessed to have known him. My prayers are with his family and friends.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-22-2011, 9:49 AM Reply   
Wow, that's a huge shock. I'm so sorry to hear about Alan. I didn't know him well, but from what I could tell he was a great guy. My prayers go out to Alan's family. Don't take anything for granted!!
Old     (kikrid01)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-24-2011, 11:03 AM Reply   
For those of you interested in saying your last goodbye funeral services will be held at;
Crosby N. Gray Funeral home, located at 2 Park Road, Burlingame, CA

Visitation service: Friday, January 28, 2011 at 7:00p.m. (public viewing from 6:30 - 7:00)

Burial service & burial; Saturday, January 29, 2011 at 10:00 a.m.
(this will begin at Crosby's and thena procession will follow to the cemetary)

Alan's family would appreciate the support.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-24-2011, 3:29 PM Reply   
Wow. This is a shocker for sure. I knew Alan but haven't seen him on the water in a few years. 43 is way too soon to go.
Old     (kikrid01)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-25-2011, 3:06 PM Reply   
Jarrod, Alan moved to Hawaii to be close to his kids about 3 years ago. He suffered his heart attack over on the islands. He loved surfing, wakeboarding, and wakesurfing, but he loved his kids alot.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-25-2011, 3:25 PM Reply   
Wow, truely a great loss for all. I met alan a few years ago at the "Worlds" surfing comp in Merced. What a great soul. Always smiling, and so easy to talk with. Last year while in Hawaii, he offfered to get together to do some ocean surfing on the North Shore. Unfortunatly, I couldnt make it "This time". My loss. Prayers and hugs to all his family, extended family, and friends. R.I.P. Alan
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-25-2011, 5:31 PM Reply   
Speachles...
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       01-26-2011, 11:48 AM Reply   
Alan was a guy that you meet and right away feel like you have known him for years. He would take his shirt off his back for you even if he didn't know you. Alan gave because he wanted to not because he ever wanted anything in return. Alan is a best friend to a lot of people. They say you don't realize what you have until it's gone and that is so true. I knew Alan for over 20 years and his life here on earth is an inspiration on how we should treat others. You will be missed... Love you brother!
Old     (faceplant409)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-28-2011, 9:10 PM Reply   
Some may remember me from around 2002...
Alan and I grew up in the same neighborhood. Until he moved to Hawaii we were still within blocks of each other in that same neighborhood, though never really close as he was 4 years older. ALWAYS a positive attitude, never a bad thing to say about anyone or anything!
I saw his dad a couple of weeks ago, as Alan was battling pneumonia and listening to him tell the story almost broke my heart....
I do regret that I could not attend his services.
I just hope he's on that beautiful blue endless wave.......

Last edited by faceplant409; 01-28-2011 at 9:13 PM. Reason: content