Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-26-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
I know that there are some Powell regulars here and could give me some great advice. I am thinking of going to Powell in June 2009 for a week, with a group of 10. How much do you think that would run per person for a houseboat and to run our boat? Any tips and advice is appreciated!

dg
Old     (bigdave0924)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-26-2008, 7:16 PM Reply   
from http://foreverhouseboats.com/foreverinfo.cfm?PropertyKey=138&ContentKey=242029 it looks like atleast 8 grand for the houseboat
Old     (mortbike)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-26-2008, 7:50 PM Reply   
not to burst your bubble but the cost of the top of the line houseboat runs about 14k for a week. then fuel is going to be 5 per gallon, food depends on your budget. i have my own houseboat and use the following numbers for a 12-14 day trip.food 2500, gas 5000 cleaning and refueling around 600. my best advice would be check out antelope point marina on the net, also the rentals prices have known to be flexible. when you break down the cost per person it becomes less painful.lemme know if you need anymore info, btw my houseboat is in a slip at antelope,im very happy there....michael
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-26-2008, 8:01 PM Reply   
We houseboated for nine summers in a row.

Don't forget to add food, beer, gas for houseboat, gas for boat, gas for jet skis (if you have them) gas to get there, gas to get back.
And if it's far enough away, overnight accommodations and meals on the way there, and way back.
...and did I mention ICE for a week?

Definitely not cheap get aways, but also some of the best memories our family has
Old     (bakes5)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-31-2008, 11:32 AM Reply   
I love powell and have been going there since the early 80's. Back in the day you could rent a 50 foot houseboat for about 1K and spend about $600-800 for gas for both the ski boat and the houseboat.

These days, my dollar to fun ratio goes a lot further renting a sweet house by a lake. Glass is glass.

Still, Powell is like no other place on earth....I just go every 5-6 years these days rather than every year.
Old     (the_right_kind)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-01-2008, 7:43 AM Reply   
You've probably already found this site, it gives all the rates for different size rental boats. If you book a year in advance they offer a discount.
Have fun!

http://www.lakepowell.com/houseboats/2008rates.cfm
Old     (frr)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-01-2008, 10:44 PM Reply   
Try http://boatutah.com
We rent wakeboard boats and will deliver boats anywhere!
Old     (itsme)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-03-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
We are heading to Powell for BroStock next week. Got a sweet deal on a 59' discovery with 10 people. Bringing a wake boat and 2 jet skis with.
Cost per person should be around $1000 (got a great deal on the houseboat).
Can't wait!!!!
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-03-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
Man I wish I could figure out how people have $1000 per person vacations and it seems like no big deal. Guess the money just doesn't flow that fast up here. Well... it flows that fast one direction.