Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-29-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
Walked to my mailbox to have a pleasant suprise.

Movie was so sick! Everyone killed it. Even a lil bit of derek cook... Could of used some more tho... lol. the different locations were so sick to see. So many great things about the movie.

Of course... Randy killed it. Guy goes so huge. ive watched his part a couple of times now. So much style and as i said before... straight boosts everything. What was really cool is they have his first day back on the water.

P.S. Check out gerry nunn's boat in his part. Looks like it is about to sink.

If you havent already got it or ordered it, definately get on it
Old     (deltarat)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-29-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
that movie was awesome. best section was randall's
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-29-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
What an incredible movie, probably one of the best edited films I've watched. The riding was equally incredible.

The first method Randy threw in his first section almost gave me goose bumps. Just amazing.

Everyone needs to see this film
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-29-2007, 6:23 PM Reply   
im pretty sure randall threw a method off the double up and then held a indy grab on the way down. looked sick!
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-30-2007, 6:04 AM Reply   
How was Ricky G's section?
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-30-2007, 6:49 AM Reply   
Ricky G's section was pretty good, definitely not the best. I thought Keith Lidberg's section was pretty crazy, I would say second best. But Randy's section was by far the best. One of the best sections I've ever seen
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-30-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
Ya we just got some more copies in today.
Sick Vid.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-30-2007, 6:25 PM Reply   
Ya, i definately disliked it...

Waaay to many special effects, it'd blur in and out during Doyle's part... Half the time when it was riding you coudln't see their whole body it was zoomed in too far. And who the hell picked out the music? I want something to get me psyched! A couple or even half of the songs can sound so alternative artsy stuff... but please, give me some normal music.

The movie was way to much like the trailer, random stuff they saw while traveling (though some was good.) and fading in and out between tricks.
When I finished it I realized why I purchased the DVD, to see Randall Harris and boy did he deliver! But I was saddened to find I payed $30 for one good part and several others disappointed.

Randall is sick as hell though. I was hoping he would throw an invert while coming in as fast as he does but it was mostly sick spins that left your head rotating with him.

I did enjoy the slow motion though! Too often I see a video thats all in fast motion and I'm left sometimes after tricks wondering what I just saw. But a decent balance is nice.
Oh, and Keith Lidberg is a monster on rails.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-30-2007, 7:08 PM Reply   
Well it looks like I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I watched the video all day today (hit replay on the shop copy and played it all day) and I wasn't that impressed. Like Brett said, all the fading in and out of tricks just didn't keep my attention. The music was just too slow and the whole video felt like it was building up to something and just never got going. All the slow motion just didn't do it for me either. Randy's section (at the end of an hour movie) finally got going and there were like 10 tricks at full speed and then it was back to slow mo Transgression again.

The definition of Transgression is.. an act of transgressing; violation of a law, command or sin. You kinda think you are going to have a lot of agression after watching it and all I wanted to do was take a nap.

Also what happened to other Riders like Jessen, Gretchen and Cooper? I was disapointed not to see any of these names in the video.

If I were rating this vid 1-10 I'd give it a 5 and only because of the big names.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-30-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
when you guys say "slo-mo," are you guys talking about the super slo-mo that justin stephens made famous (in wake vids)?
Old     (owenitall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-30-2007, 8:56 PM Reply   
you guys must have your copies for sale. how much do you want for them?
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-30-2007, 9:17 PM Reply   
i agree with some of the choppiness of sections...

But...
the first part with Randall's first day back was cool and his second part was crazy and it was a long section as well.
jeff mckee killed it
sick to see gator lutgert ride
Lidberg was awesome
There was so much style and everyones riding was smooth. Ive never seen a movie with so much stuff getting poked out

Brett- there is one part where randall throws a huge tantrum to blind way out into the flats that he came in pretty hot on.
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-30-2007, 9:35 PM Reply   
I think that I kind of knew what I was in for before I saw it for the first time, thats why I think I liked it so much. Ronn at Sidewayz's last movie was Such is Life, which was a pretty alternative artsy movie, and he left the wake business to pursue other types of film making, so I kind of expected to be a little slower.
But I think that it was a great movie, the slow motion stuff just highlighted the tricks.
I really can't say enough about this movie, I think thats why I've responded three times on this same thread. HaHa
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-31-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
I agree with the comments regarding the choppiness and different format. While I am still unsure what I like more, I do respect the fact that they took a different approach.

I also really felt for Randy in his interview in the extra section. The poor guy looked like he was really trying to hold himself together talking about his past, etc. Probably one of the most sincere interviews I have ever seen. I am sure it was painful for him to do, and I def respect that!

Randy's part was definitely sick, as was Keith's. I would have liked to see an extra section that shows Randy's part from a boat view. I think that would have really put things in perspective since that's the view most of us can relate to.

Overall I liked it. Outside the box, different, and I am glad to support the company by purchasing their movie.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-31-2007, 1:12 PM Reply   
billy, I'm guessing that trick occured before I began thinking to myself of how if he had a few more inverts it would be extremely sick. In fact I'd love to just see Randall do a raley at normal speed. Like I said, the slow-mo was nice for once, but they needed a better balance.

By the way was it Doyle who fell like 8 times on the rail that went up and down who knows how many times? And then just barely made it at the end?
I don't see how he pulled that one off.... on a skate.... in the dark.

I'm going to go watch The Truth so it will be very interesting to compare my first team produced movies I've ever seen.
Old    K.B.C.            10-31-2007, 1:47 PM Reply   
Randall doesn't do Raleys
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-31-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
I think they are technically referred to as "donkey kicks" Scott. lol.

Randall has his own style, and that in itself is what makes him such a stand out rider.

Ohh, yah. My bad about using his alter name in my above post. Bad habit or laziness, my bad.

(Message edited by liquidmx on October 31, 2007)
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-31-2007, 2:43 PM Reply   
Scott, I would just want to see a Raley to see how far he could get and how high. Kinda like those two wakes he cleared (the second time into the flats!)

I just finished The Truth and that is what I look for in a movie. I won't get to much into detail but when they went slow-mo with that high framerate camera, I think my jaw dropped every time! So cool!!!
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-31-2007, 7:33 PM Reply   
I went to both premiers and have watched this movie like 8 times. It is the best movie out. The slow mo stuff was sweet. Don't know what you haters are talking about. It is definitely an original movie. The music was also sweet. Why make another movie the same as all the others out there. I know Ron personally and he is the man.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-31-2007, 9:46 PM Reply   
haters...now there's an original word.!

don't take it personally just cause you know ron. cool that you dig it but that doesn't mean everyone else has to.
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-01-2007, 12:36 PM Reply   
For the sport to progress it has to progress!! Not have the same old stuff. Transgression was definetely a progression in the sport
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-01-2007, 1:45 PM Reply   
Thanks Joe! I was about to say the same thing but then I noticed you said it better.
Old     (fmaxturbosi)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-01-2007, 2:05 PM Reply   
got mine today, can't wait to go home and watch it!
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-02-2007, 12:45 PM Reply   
We just got it in the shop and it is amazing.
Harris definately has the best section but I was really impressed with the wakeskaters.
Doyle hitting those rails, check the one footer he does on that gap rail.
Manzari does a popped double kickflip in the flats?!?! Unreal!
Oh, and Harris does a w2w 900 into the flats, does anyone else do that?
Only wish the music wasn't so depressing.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-02-2007, 2:44 PM Reply   
Strange reading this. I just got my copy and between soccer playoffs and Halloween parties at my house we haven't played it yet. I saw it with my crew at the premiere in Reno a couple of months ago. On the big screen it looked and sounded great, but the best part was sitting in that theatre with all these pros and reps and wake junkies cheering and taking photos on their cellphones and just having a great time.
Old     (hypoxic_films)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-02-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
Give it time. You will all like it. You never like a film the first time you see it.
Old     (jrogers26)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-03-2007, 9:28 PM Reply   
I like the fact that it's different.

Anybody know the soundtrack listing? I really liked the music.

I knew what to expect though...slower film, lots of cool cinematography. Definitely dope. Definitely chill.
Old     (jrogers26)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-04-2007, 1:05 AM Reply   
answered my own question.

here's the link to the soundtrack on itunes:

http://www.transgressionmovie.com/music.html
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-05-2007, 6:50 PM Reply   
I haven't seen it, but i will when ever i get the chance but what where you expecting from Ron? I have seen a good amount of his films and he has a certian style to his film making that is different, a little artsy but overall unique. i have heard a lot about this flim and a lot of great things that i am really looking forward to. Its a bummer that some people don't dig it but it happens.

I will for sure say though that probably almost everyone on here looks at films differently and thats just the way it is...
Old     (cpetersen)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-05-2007, 10:35 PM Reply   
i got my copy in today, and when randall's part came on, my mouth was open the whole time. one of the sickest riders to this day.
Old     (ridngrl21)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-07-2007, 7:02 PM Reply   
Just inquiring to the Ricky g section ... from what i heard through the grapevine... the crash that you saw on the film set him back a little from the rest of the filming oportunities....but nothing major...im sure he would have wanted his section to be way better but crashes will do that to you.. just a little info for ya !
Old     (eliotflydog)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-08-2007, 6:43 PM Reply   
Vandall's section was worth the price of the movie
Old    K.B.C.            11-08-2007, 8:17 PM Reply   
^^^agreed.

I was at the premier in Reno and was so caught up in everything going on that I didn't realize how good his part is. I got my copy a few days ago and have watched his section 4 or 5 times. It is REALLY good.

The rest of the movie is okay, but his section makes the purchase worth every penny.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-09-2007, 11:43 AM Reply   
If I'm not mistaken this is Ronn's first movie that is actually his own project.All in all I think it was a good movie and hope to see more from Ron and his crew.
Old     (jeremyjones7777)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-13-2007, 6:06 AM Reply   
Check out matt manzari's section. You have to look close, but he does a varial flip underflip. - he catches it with his foot upside down and flips it back the other way. I never seen anything like that on the water. Back to wakeboarding I loved Lidberg's section when he literally destroys that high rail. I guess im a skateboarder at heart.
Old     (brutto_76)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-15-2007, 4:34 AM Reply   
Just got mine in the UK - thanks Ed - love the vid and stoked to get a copy of The Standerd with it. Randall is awesome!
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-15-2007, 7:06 AM Reply   
I know that wakeskating doesn't get much play on here, but I'm really surprised that more people haven't mentioned Matt Manzari's part. One of the best displays of technical wakeskating ever captured on film IMO.
Randall's and Lidberg's parts were both epic as well.