Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-17-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload

Murrays get my vote for style...and I'm really curious about the closed toe design.

Zeus have such a solid reputation they are hard to beat according to everyone who's ridden them.

Assume equal price on each. Let me know which you would choose
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-17-2007, 8:04 AM Reply   
I think you should add the 3DS in there because the Zeus is a stiff binding and the Murray is a more flexy(is that even a word) binding. The 3Ds would match the stiffness of the Zeus better than the Murray.

I would choose the Murray because the boa is integrated into the option 2 and the closed toe for many reasons. I also like more flexy bindings.
Old    stillstandin            04-17-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
Everybody's feet are different. I tried the Zues, but they just didnt feel right. I would try on, and if you can demo. Pick the one that feels right for you.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-17-2007, 8:22 AM Reply   
I ride CWB Mobes now and like a little flexability but thats part of the reason for the boot change is to stiffen up a bit. I'm thinking the switch to the Zeus might be too drastic and the Murrays would be a better fit. But everyone raves about the Zeus...
Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-17-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
Try some factions if you are worried about zues's being too stiff.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-17-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
I second Kellen's suggestion.
Old    wakejjboard12            04-17-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
the '06 murrays are super comfy. love the closed toe.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-17-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
Hard to beat the 06 Zeus bindings--love the Hinge. I'm not a fan of the Boa on the Murrays and hard to get into, also not a fan of closed toe--they hold water whick always seems to get dumped in ther boat(also wonder if they would start to smell?) The CWB factions would be an option if you like a binding with a little more flexibility than the Zeus, although you might get a better price on the leftover 06 Zeus.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-17-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
Murrays are very comfy... only rode them once but Seemed nice. I didnt have a problem getting into them or out for that matter. I came out a couple of times when i dont really think i should have or would have in other bindings, but they were real easy to get back on.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-17-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
I bought the Murrays I'll let you guys know how they work out.
Old     (westerdude)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-17-2007, 2:21 PM Reply   
Good luke with the murrays my bet is that you will end up having to send them back tho i had the 06s last summer and the boa ripped out so i sent them back in and got the 07s and had 2 rides on them and all the sticking on them was ripping out....
Old    byron            04-17-2007, 3:16 PM Reply   
just a quick question if anyone wants to answer it with the murrays, what is the boa system
Old     (westerdude)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-17-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
the little rachet system on the front that tightens the bindings
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-17-2007, 3:24 PM Reply   
Dont know if i will quite explain it right, but it is that nobb on the front of the boot at the top. You spin it and it winds up wire that is ran through the boot and tightens it for you. When you want to release it, you just pull the lil nobb out. Not sure if that is the exact explanation... But, hope it helps
Old     (monroeyd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-17-2007, 6:46 PM Reply   
All I can say is that the '06 Murray look sweet but mine fell apart after about 20 sets. Specifically the stitching were the cable comes out of the boot and the laces would not hold. Also, they didn't seem to lock my ankle in. Got the '07's on warranty and they are awesome. I think they look even better than the '06's. The sock liners rock, they are easy to get in and out of (no slime) and I have never come out, taken some hard crashes too. They give me that locked in feeling, which I like. My only complaint is the boa was felt on my shins through the boot, but that has gone away. At least I don't notice it anymore. This is what I gather after about 20 sets. Hope that helps. You should demo if you can. Good luck on your purchase.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-17-2007, 6:56 PM Reply   
"Zeus is a stiff binding and the Murray is a more flexy"

Since when?
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-17-2007, 11:45 PM Reply   
until 2 weeks ago, I would have said murrays. But mine fell apart in 5 days.
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-18-2007, 12:49 PM Reply   
I own them both. Ive been riding the murrays for a season and there great. Super comfy and all. They have some flex in them for sure.

Ive also found that my Zues have just as much flex if not more. Both are really nice and comfy bindings. You really can't go wrong either way IMO.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-18-2007, 1:18 PM Reply   
I was looking at getting the Murray's in a XXL for a decent price but I keep hearing about their durability. Doesn't HL offer a lifetime warranty? I know it would suck if they broke in the middle of a long weekend but you would think that they would get these fixed by now.