Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-20-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
I am looking to get some new bindings soon and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the two. I know there has been alot of good talk about the '06 murrays but does anyone have the '06 3ds? How do they compare for those of you who tried them both on? Thanks in advance.
Old     (highmarkco)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-20-2006, 8:47 AM Reply   
I demo'd both and I really didn't like the 3DS's. They were alot stiffer than the murrays and have a funky double velcro across the top that is IMPOSSIBLE to get off with gloves on. They also arn't as easy to get in and out of as the Murrays, I though I could save a little cash on the 3DS's but I will deff buy the Murrays.

Just my 2 cents.
Dave
Old     (wawakeboarder5)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-20-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
my bro has the 3ds.him loves them. he says their a little tough to get into but when on, they are very comfy and have good support. they also absorb some shock on landings
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-20-2006, 10:44 AM Reply   
I have the 3DS's and they are amazing. Contrary to what Dave said, they are very easy to get off and on. I'm assuming you don't wear gloves so I dont think this should be a problem
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-20-2006, 11:23 AM Reply   
murrays vs. 3ds is like night and day. i found the murrays to be really comfortable, whereas the 3ds were super stiff. think of 3ds like snow ski boots, stiff and supportive and murrays like work boots, supportive and not stiff at all.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-21-2006, 7:47 PM Reply   
I'm pretty happy with my 3ds. They are tight but I used to wear my hi-backs tight so "for me" they are awesome. I can see where in the winter months when you're wearing gloves it would suck cause the loops for grabbing are kinda small and your gloves don't fit through them.
Old    xtremebordgurl            04-23-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
I was originally sold on the murrays, then I went to my shop to pick them up and the owner had me try on the 3ds, and wow! I felt the 3ds were easier in and out and more comfortable, they felt wider, the murrays felt really narrow, I tried one on each foot and to my surprise I walked away with a pair of 3ds. Also I had the idea in my head that they would be super stiff and imo they're stiff, but not super stiff. I love and have worn them arround my room WAY too much already! Which is partly cause they are so comfy and partly because I am so pathetic an can't wait for summer.