Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (stunt3342)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-09-2005, 11:17 AM Reply   
anybody give me some help on a nosegrab backroll without doing a roll to revert?
Old                08-09-2005, 11:35 AM Reply   
try landing some nose grab wakejumps landing crossed up.
landing crossed up: landing with your back hand on the handle and your front hand off. push the handle to your front hip.

from what i understand, scooping the board upward to the sky instead of edging up and away is how you can get the grab on the backroll.

(Message edited by natxbrotha on August 09, 2005)
Old     (stunt3342)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-09-2005, 12:04 PM Reply   
i can do nosegrab wake jumps, but i guess i'll try to swoop my board up. but do i need to pull the hand?
Old                08-09-2005, 2:34 PM Reply   
pull the hand? i dont know what you mean. keep the handle close to your body so you can control your rotation.
Old     (stunt3342)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-10-2005, 1:49 AM Reply   
alright. that was a typo.
Old    alanp            08-10-2005, 9:55 AM Reply   
ricky these are pretty easy once you start grabbing the backroll. if this is your first grab i wouldnt recommend trying this one. instead id go with a method. grabbing the nose really stalls out the rotation for me. for a method you just bring your heels to your butt and reach for the grab. keep the handle in close, closer than normal and as cody stated oriented to your front hip. . you dont need to see the board to grab it you should be able to feel where it is to get the grab. for grabbing the nose i really bring my front knee into my chest and try to straighten out the back leg. if youre going to revert then you are probably edgeing to far away from the boat. try edgeing more straight across the wake. this gives me more straight up and down backroll. good luck.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-18-2005, 10:49 PM Reply   
damn you're grabbing those now alan? nice!
Old    alanp            08-22-2005, 6:58 PM Reply   
yeah stack actually my riding has take an upward trend this year. ive learned a bunch new stuff and have 7 inverts under my belt a 540 and 3 different 3's. however ive picked up a new job and wont be riding for a bit. good to see you back on board.