Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (sethc)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-04-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
Hi, I need some advice on what boat to purchase; I would like to keep the price below 20k. It will be a family boat that will have my wife and 2 kids on it most of the time and a few friends on occasion. So I need one that has a decent amount of space. It will also be used strictly for wakeboarding and pulling around one of those kids raft things around. I'm not or probably never will be a great wakeboarder, but I still want a boat that has a good wake. My rides always been behind my friends Chaparall; he has a tower but the wake seems like it's a mile apart when jumping it, I've ridden behind a Mastercraft DD before but it I was just starting out and therefore couldn't really judge it but I remember it was a completely different wake seemed steeper and closer together.

Anyway I've been reading about the 96 or new Mastercraft 205 was wondering if that would fit the family requirement's? If I use fat sacks would they just have to sit on the floor?

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks
Old     (sethc)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-04-2005, 9:19 AM Reply   
Now that I have thought about it, I think I would prefer a V-Drive just because the platform above the engine makes a excellent spot to lay down and chill.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-04-2005, 9:22 AM Reply   
MC 205 is a great start.
Old     (sethc)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-04-2005, 9:34 AM Reply   
Would this fit the bill? I know I lose some space but what about the price on it?

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/3/1/79996931.htm
Old     (x2momma)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-04-2005, 9:40 AM Reply   
GREAT BOAT. I had a 97 205 before we upgraded. Loved it. Throws a great wake for just about everything. IMO you will be happy if go with the 205. Good luck.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-04-2005, 11:18 AM Reply   
Yeah that will serve you well.
Old    linus8103            07-05-2005, 4:16 PM Reply   
I have a Centurion V drive that I bought for under 20K. This will give you a good wake and plenty of room for the kids, and friends. The 205 DD will not have much room with all the sacs you will need. I have been on a 205 and prefer my boat over it. Yes, I know that when weighted properly it has the same wake as an x-2, but I think this is more suitable for Seth.