Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (roger_dodger)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-25-2009, 8:38 AM Reply   
The rubber mat on my platform is peeling up and gets super hot in the summertime. It also tracks black rubber all over the rest of the boat. Any suggestions on a replacement mat?
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-25-2009, 8:40 AM Reply   
if it's a nautique you can get ''N'' sheets
Old     (mbouchard)      Join Date: May 2006       02-25-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
We replace them all the time. Call Lora at the shop - she can hook you up.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-25-2009, 8:45 AM Reply   
http://www.seadek.com/index.html

http://www.seadekstore.com/swimplatformpads.aspx

http://seadekblog.blogspot.com/

Make the factory ones for Malibu and Axis and Epic and also make the factory ones for many others. They sell kits for other boats as replacements and if you check out their blog. They do custom ones as well.

Tim
Wet Sounds

(Message edited by wetsounds1 on February 25, 2009)
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-25-2009, 9:07 AM Reply   
I used hydroturf to replace mine. After two seasons it's still holding up and doesn't track a thing in the boat.

www.hydroturf.com
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-25-2009, 11:53 AM Reply   
Not to change the subject but is this pretty common with the pad on the fiberglass platforms? I am thinking of swapping out the Teak for a fiberglass one but don't want to have the same problems. Thanks!
Old     (roger_dodger)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-25-2009, 12:44 PM Reply   
just spoke to the guy at seadek and they already had my platform pad on their webstore as a stock item. i just ordered one and will have it by next week. sweet!

http://www.seadekstore.com/malibu.aspx

don't know how common of a problem this is. my friend's rubber moomba pad did the same thing.

thanks for the link tim.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-25-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
The black tracking up the interior is pretty typical of Skier's Choice & sometimes Malibu's swimstep pads.

I've been replacing them with Traxx / GatorGrip for a few years now.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-25-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
I just purchased some Gatorgrip today.. They answered my questions quickly..

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines / Krypt Towers
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (tl_hereford)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-25-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
Gator Grip is the bomb wakejunky.com Thats what I got it is sweet and everyone I ride with seems to like it too.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-26-2009, 2:51 PM Reply   
Thanks for the cudos.

Chris
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-26-2009, 5:50 PM Reply   
Mine is going to get bedliner sprayed before the summer. By buddy had it done to his x-star and it won't peel up or track into the boat. Not to mention it's about half the cost of those pads in the link.
Old     (roger_dodger)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-27-2009, 10:20 AM Reply   
that bedliner stuff doesn't offer the comfort of the pads though. for me the extra cash is worth it. the bedliner stuff is super durable though, guess you just have to decide what's more important to you.