Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-17-2004, 2:12 PM Reply   
Yes it's a good article, I know that, but look at all the pics. See how good wakeboarding looks with grabs?

http://www.wakeworld.com/interviews/2004/gator1.asp

Next time out, try to grab every trick you know how to do. Have someone film or take pictures. I think you'll be very pleased as to how much better your riding looks.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            05-17-2004, 2:20 PM Reply   
Blabel very good observation! you are totally right. All of those grabs make his pictures look more interesting.

its funny you mention that cuz last time I went out with our friend Adam, he did a simple grab while doing a lip slide and I commented on how much cooler the trick looked w/the grab. I had never thought of grabbing the board while doing a surface trick and it inspired me to try!

ps..your new bikes are SA-WEET! I love the 50!

Old    swass            05-17-2004, 2:48 PM Reply   
Grab every trick I know? Can you grab a butterslide?
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-17-2004, 2:51 PM Reply   
Swass, you can grab your patented nose dips; that would look cool!

Thanks Angi, we are enjoying them!
Old    swass            05-17-2004, 2:54 PM Reply   
I still have bruises from my patented nose dips. I blame the boat.

(Message edited by swass on May 17, 2004)
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-17-2004, 2:56 PM Reply   
yea that is true blabel, when i was at lake san antonio a few years back the all the guys at the marina would say was to grab on every trick. it makes tour riding look a lot better
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-17-2004, 3:22 PM Reply   
my fave:

Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-17-2004, 4:31 PM Reply   
yea that one is awesome
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-18-2004, 12:24 AM Reply   
Here's a few of Gabe Lucas I took today on Lake Austin

Glad you guys liked the article.

Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-18-2004, 7:17 AM Reply   
I meant to post something last night after reading it. Great job, Hahn.
I like the way the interview involved two distinct functions of the company.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-18-2004, 10:56 AM Reply   
Just wondering, how'd u grab the board when its still on the water.

Don't u fall over??
if someone has pics, post 'em!!
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-18-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
You extend your arm down toward the board and wrap your fingers around it... Grabs are cool.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-18-2004, 11:11 AM Reply   
Rob Hyatt has been apart of this industry for a long time and has so much history. I'm glad you enjoyed the article NAW.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            05-18-2004, 11:46 AM Reply   
hey harry-- in my last video i had postd up here 'easy ridin' I was doing a grab right in the begining by just squatting down and grabbing the board. looks like i was sitting down

i would post a direct link, but i tried last nite and dave has not gotten back to me on how to help me resovle my problem!!!...so for now if you wanna see some video of a 'surface grab' go to my profile click on my homepage url and Easy Ridin is right there! if anyone else knows why my direct link to my video will work on the 'other' website and not this one..i would greatly appreciate any help

Solo--I love that last pic..very nice!

thanks guys!
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-18-2004, 1:17 PM Reply   
Angi, right click on the link to your video and select "Copy Shortcut" and then paste the shortcut into the post here. Really easy...
Old    wakejunkeygirl            05-18-2004, 5:42 PM Reply   
Bill--I emailed Dave, because I tried doing what you posted last nite and it just wasnt happening..he said

"problem is that the URL has some odd characters in it, so the program cuts it off where it think it ends. In order to override this, you need to specifically tell it that it is a URL by using the following syntax:"

ummmmm, yeah..what he said!

I'm gonna give it another try...but thanks though!