Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (santa)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-31-2014, 4:43 AM Reply   
I'm not seeing any reviews from those who wakeboard behind a G25. I had the chance to ride on a G23, and it was sick (actually maybe even too sick for my level).

So how's the wake for let's say intermediate level riders? Is it clean, does it wash out. Is it way too wide (like on an X-Star)?

Let's hear!
Old     (sja)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-31-2014, 6:45 AM Reply   
I'm an intermediate rider and have a 23 and love the wake (one of the few that seems to be clean and narrow enough to clear at l at lower speeds). The X-Star has a great wake, but below 23 mph it is soft. I am a frequent viewer of the nautique forums, but I haven't seen a wake boarding comparison between the 23 and the 25. . There is a surf comparison ("G23 vs G25 surf wake" on the Planetnautique.com forum page. For wake boarding it should be pretty similar as the width of the boat and the shape of the hull are identical. The 23 holds enough people and gear for almost anyone. The 25 is a tad heavier and slower, burns more gas and holds so many riders that I would have too wait longer for my set.
Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-01-2014, 10:27 AM Reply   
This isn't the most helpful input but you're not getting much feedback here so I guess anything helps. In this thread you'll see pics of a G25 wake with a somewhat less than intermediate level rider at what I recall was a slower speed. I was on the boat and unable to ride that day unfortunately. I don't recall details of ballast setup but there were 6 or so of us in the boat. I guess the only concern of yours that is really addressed here is that the wake does indeed clean up and is not as wide as an X-Star.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1882723
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-01-2014, 11:57 AM Reply   
Santa, it's phenomenal. Please bring me one for Christmas. I've been a good boy!
Old     (robholihan)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-01-2014, 5:46 PM Reply   
I rode behind one last year with just stock weight and nothing else and it was really good. I did just about everything no problem. It's a great boat with lots of room, strongly recommend it!
Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-01-2014, 7:59 PM Reply   
Rode one w/ 2500 lbs extra in it. Very ramps wake, not the typical vert Nautique shape. Reminded me a lot of the '04 era xstar. Not wide, rode it 5' longer than what I ride behind my VLX.
Old     (santa)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-03-2014, 3:50 AM Reply   
Thank you all for the replies. Will get to try one this fall in Miami!