Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       02-16-2004, 5:19 PM Reply   
i just bought the 03 140 ultra-core & am dying to ride it, but cant because of the weather. so what do u think? how does it ride? how is the pop? fill me in!! thanks!!
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-16-2004, 8:37 PM Reply   
You guys in Tennessee just got bunch snow didn't you? I have the Balance 135 but it's not the UC. I love the board, when you dig in to cut it holds tight and when you ease off it will powerslide effortlessly. The pop is great! You will be very happy with it.
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-17-2004, 11:57 AM Reply   
I have been riding once recently and really like it. Very responsive but still able to do surface tricks.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-20-2004, 8:05 PM Reply   
Lyle- How do you make your own wakeboard? Do you work for a board company?
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       02-24-2004, 9:59 AM Reply   
lyle-- he's saying waterskiing made him bored, so now he wakeboards.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-24-2004, 10:04 AM Reply   
Actually his profile says he makes his own wakeboard and has a picture of what I assume is a homemade board. But thanks for pointing out the obvious Chuck.

Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-24-2004, 10:57 AM Reply   
Hmm,
A bit confused but that is cool. Don't work for a board company, I work for CDI Fins a couple friends and I started it up three years ago. As far as the boards go I make them for fun and have been doing it since '94. Just rode board number 32 for the first time this weekend. It is pretty cumbersom since it is made out of wood. I modeled it after the LF 140 Balance and actually rides exactly the same as far as I can tell. Now I am going to get the bondo and hacksaw out and make some changes to it to try and improve how it rides. Once I figure out what I want then the real work starts to make a sweet board. I basically carve it out of a special unidirectional foam, put balsa in it where the core needs the high strength. Then put a couple layers of hybrid carbon fiber on it and throw it in a vacuum bag to suck everything together. The cool thing is how light the boards are, the one in my profile picture weighs 3lbs 9 oz. The thing that sucks is how much it cost to make board, usually about $350. Dope sorry for the novel.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries