Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-30-2012, 7:09 AM Reply   
I'm looking to buy a boat in the next few weeks and don't want to be tied to one particular lake around Dallas this summer. I live in in Uptown and work Downtown so I'm looking for something within 10 miles or so from this area. If anyone knows of any storage facilities that are 1) close, 2) safe, and 3) have garages big enough for a boat with a tower, any help would be much appreciated. Boat will be a MB 21 Tomcat.

Thanks!
Andrew
Old     (Texan)      Join Date: May 2011       03-30-2012, 7:22 AM Reply   
Gonna be tough man. I live in the M streets/work in uptown. No dedicated boat storage units that I found anywhere near close or at least not one that isn't 3/4 the way to Hubbard or lewisville. I ended up getting a storage unit just off Lewisville with a dedicated ramp. Trailering to the different lakes you gotta factor in ramp fees into your storage costs.

Shoot me a PM if you want some more detailed info.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-30-2012, 7:22 AM Reply   
Andrew I don't think you going to find what your looking for. The closest boat storage to you is going to be around Ray Hubbard. I ran a quick search for RV storage around there and even that is farther out. You may just have to find someone that owns a building that would let you store the boat in it. Most of the people I know store their boats close to the lake they use most often. Prices range from 100 to 350 a month around Lewi where I have my boat.
Some are around Lewi and some are down south around Cleaburne.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-30-2012, 7:08 PM Reply   
Mark did you bring yours down from Texhoma? We gotta get back out for some pulls man
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-30-2012, 7:37 PM Reply   
Yes we are back at Lewi this year. We are expecting a new girl in June so wanted the boat close to home. Boat is getting some work done now should be out in a few weeks. Saw you getting on at SS when I got done riding with Dan sat. I will pm you on dwb and we can get out.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-30-2012, 8:13 PM Reply   
Sounds good man. Yeah I need to fix my fat sac pumps.