Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hyperliterider90)      Join Date: May 2010       05-17-2010, 7:53 PM Reply   
just purchased this board and bindings off ebay for $235. anybody know anything about either board or bindings or both?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_4998wt_975
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-18-2010, 12:59 AM Reply   
never ridden a gator board. but gator boards is one of the first rider operated, owned and independantly run companies. id say they are definately underestemated despite my never riding their gear.
good gear to say the least
Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-18-2010, 2:32 AM Reply   
the bindings you purchased is excellent! my wife just had one before she sold it (for Slingshots). the board, i've never ridden before but the shape looks interesting. my all time favorite among the Gators i've ridden is the Legend, i love it's smooth flat bottom and it's lighter than most boards it's size, i owned it but replaced it with a Slingshot Response a month ago. i'm sure you won't regret getting that board and bindings! let us know how it rides for you.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-18-2010, 8:42 AM Reply   
I run a gator militant, no complaints (but then again i havent ridden many boards). To my understanding gator is really a boutique type company, solid product just not the recognition that some names get.
Old     (e_in_tn)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-18-2010, 7:25 PM Reply   
I have that board in 141 and 144, been riding them 3 years. I am 6'4" 230+ and had a hard time spinning the 144 as I got used to the 141previously, of course could be my lack of wakeboarding savy I didnt discover wakeboarding until I was almost 30 (no inverts and started learning wtw 180's last year with some success) first board was a cwb sol 142 stiff and way to tight compared to the gator. I dont care for center fins and the gators 2 metal outside fins allow it to turn easier for surface stuff, but still have good control as they are larger than molded fins and better shaed. board is pretty fast in comparison to the cwb(slicker bottom?) and flexes/lands much softer.