Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old    mike08            05-27-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
Anybody have or hear the Roswell Unison Pro and Vamp Spin speakers? If so are they any good and can u hear them while riding?

Thanks
}
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-27-2006, 4:09 PM Reply   
From Michael's profile, Boat: Glastron GX 205.

You can probably hear most tower speakers behind your boat if you are not riding too fast or too long. Also what do you mean by "hear". Hear as in listen to the words and details of the music,or hear as in "I can tell they are playing".
Old    mike08            05-28-2006, 7:19 AM Reply   
I mean like good quality sound clearness, bass, and etc. Like hear as in listen to word and details of the music Mikeski.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-28-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
What length of rope do you ride at?
Old    mike08            05-28-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
I ride at 70ft out
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-28-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
Thats a tough call. I would say Wetsounds or NVS. I think those Vamp speakers are aimed more towards boat listening and style, not wakeboard listening.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-28-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
I may be in the tower speaker buying mode pretty soon. With so many options I have no clue anymore. I always herre about NVS 1010 now they have the addictions and then there are the new rubicons I have no clue
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-28-2006, 9:48 PM Reply   
Good call Leo.

ww.wetsound.com

ww.nvs1.net

If you can budget $2500 for a good set of speakers, amp, and wiring you will have what you desire. If that's too much you might be able to get by with one pair of wetsound pro80's and a small amp for about half that getting pretty close to what you want.
Old     (massattitude)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-29-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
I would scratch Rubicons off your list.
I ordered some 3 months ago from wakeside.
They keep pushing the date back!!!!!
They say that they might be in 6-20-06.
I just cancelled my order and went with WETSOUNDS. PRP-80'S
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-31-2006, 6:08 AM Reply   
I got the rubicon 450's but they did not fit my tower. I sent them back and got 6 fusion 6 1/2 diamond audio tower speakers. I'll post pics next week because you have to see these things with 6 on the tower. Let me tell you this, these things kick arss. My daughter said they were too loud back at the rider (how can that be?). We were also sitting in a cove floating last weekend with a boat with NVS tyrants. The boat pulled away and gave us a major league sound show, it sounded fantastic. I was envious. Too my surprise, all the boats floating with us (and they weren't all buddies) compared mine to his and said that mine sounded BETTER. Although his were quite loud, they said mine were as loud but much clearer. Anyone looking for great speakers should consider these!
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-31-2006, 6:26 AM Reply   
I'm waiting on my Unison Pro's. I'll let you know how they sound...

...but I'm not looking for crazy, loud sound or to spend $2500...just some clear music.