Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-26-2012, 10:44 AM Reply   
Well it is the first holiday of the season. Going off of past experiences on the water I have decided to stay home and smoke some ribs and brisket. Looking around the garage I noticed enough scrap laying around to build a set of cornhole boards. Planning on painting them the same scheme as the boat and blast them with various stickers that I have sitting in a bag collecting dust.

What is everyone else doing this weekend?
Old     (89nauti2001)      Join Date: May 2012       05-26-2012, 11:05 AM Reply   
Working to support my wake boarding habit. Lol
Old     (blazeremt89)      Join Date: May 2007       05-26-2012, 12:35 PM Reply   
Just sitting in the cabin hoping the ca seirras warm up enough to take out the boat. We got snow up here yesterday. Maybe it will just be a dirt biking weekend.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-26-2012, 1:04 PM Reply   
Same as you, OFF THE LAKE!!Probably going down to access to check out the insanity: for awhile then back to house to swim in the pool and BBQ with family.There is always some insanity down there when it's that busy.
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       05-26-2012, 1:49 PM Reply   
We went out Friday 8 am until 1 pm. Rest of the weekend we are staying far away.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-26-2012, 2:22 PM Reply   
Stay home in town, then hit the water the weekend after. A lot better without all the seadoo boats flying around pulling tubes
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-26-2012, 2:36 PM Reply   
Not smoken the ribs
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-26-2012, 3:30 PM Reply   
Gone out to fight the rat race. Still can get butter from 6:00am till about 8:00. Celebrate some birthdays,play some corn hole and volleyball and be totally wore out by Monday!
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-26-2012, 4:10 PM Reply   
watching disney channel... i dislike wallies
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-26-2012, 4:26 PM Reply   
Currently in California for the beach boys concert

I hate Asians here
(oops wrong thread)
Then memorial day till the next weekend I will be at lake Powell
Old     (ShawnB)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-26-2012, 5:52 PM Reply   
What a blessing wakesurfing has become for our boating life. There were 7 boats out at the same time in our little 100 acre lake but we merrily surfed our way around the chaos.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-27-2012, 1:14 AM Reply   
NOT loving it...working, thank goodness.
memorial day weekend is ALWAYS cursed with bad weather on Lake Powell.
two days so far of nasty wind and some tragedies unfortunately. bless them

never go to lake powell for memorial day weekend, especially if you are a wakeboarder or skier
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-27-2012, 5:38 AM Reply   
Plenty windy here in mn, so not too worth it to head out, especially with all the crazies out this weekend. Gonna be windy for days too, bummer because I love the morning butter sets too. Maybe I will cut out my center tank and replace it with the bag I got about a month ago.
Old     (ridemarktwain)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-27-2012, 7:03 AM Reply   
A buddy talked me in to going yesterday (sat). I'm glad he did. No line at the boat ramp. And great water all evening. Wakeboarded across the biggest water on the lake heading back to the ramp. I am still in disbelief, I was ready for an hour wait at the ramp and terrible water.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-27-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
Hey Robert, I'm a little scared to ask what "corn hole" is...
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-27-2012, 2:43 PM Reply   
My cornhole boards...

Old     (moto96s)      Join Date: Nov 2011       05-27-2012, 4:59 PM Reply   
Out at 10am Saturday morning, had to wait for the tide. Got 4 runs in each by, 2pm, and at that point the river was littered with every type of jetski, tuber, and loads of powerturning crazy people. It was actually pretty nice until 1pm. That's it for this weekend, the river will be crowded till monday night. We have some nice evening tides this week, so will be able to go out after work rest of week, and then early morning tides next weekend(hooray!)
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-27-2012, 7:33 PM Reply   
Went out and rode for two seconds and 86'd that idea, then watched everybody get drunk. I drove home all tired and Sun burnt.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-28-2012, 4:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I believe in the midwest states they call it cornhole but we call it baggo.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-28-2012, 5:15 AM Reply   
We have been out on the boat all weekend (it has been in the 90's). It has been busier than last weekend (mid 80's) but not all that bad; Satuday was worse than Sunday. If we went to the lake about 13 minutes away, I am 100% positive it would be nuts and chop city. But the resevoir 3 minute away wasn't bad at all - even did a slalom runs on Saturday afternoon.
Old     (EnderWiggin)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-28-2012, 5:39 AM Reply   
Went out yesterday late morning, but as TRDon said, it has been windy in MN all spring. Rode for a while then 'those who don't pay attention' started coming out. Got back in the boat, parked it. Yard work today.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-28-2012, 5:50 AM Reply   
Have not made it out this weekend yet, I am hoping we do today. The wind has been 15 to 25mph all weekend and that is not very fun when on the boat....

We'll see - It would be the first time I did not get out on this holiday weekend in about 10 years.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       05-28-2012, 4:44 PM Reply   
I am sitting on a drill ship in the GOM looking at everyone pictures from the holiday weekend.
Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-28-2012, 5:17 PM Reply   
Went to Shaver put the boat ine the water Friday afternoon and it was a little cool. Woke up Saturday morning to Two inches of snow. Came home Sunday and have spent the day wishing we could been in Pine Flat today becuase the weather is great. Too bad kids still have homework. 9 more days and they will bees done for the summer and we can surf midweek with no crowds at Pine Flat
Old     (v8truckin)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-28-2012, 5:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsriver View Post
Went to Shaver put the boat ine the water Friday afternoon and it was a little cool. Woke up Saturday morning to Two inches of snow. Came home Sunday and have spent the day wishing we could been in Pine Flat today becuase the weather is great. Too bad kids still have homework. 9 more days and they will bees done for the summer and we can surf midweek with no crowds at Pine Flat
We camped the River @ Club Royal Oaks and had no river water, so we headed to pine flat during the day saturday and sunday and camped down on the river. Wished we camped at pine flat.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-28-2012, 8:44 PM Reply   
I waxed my boat - wax on - wax off. Wishing I was out at the lake.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-29-2012, 3:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
As you can see from the picture below your post Two boards you toss a bag containing corn through the hole.I Think it might have Redneck origins?Not sure though. You can make your own set with some wood,corn,cloth for the bags and paint it as you wish.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-29-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
Yeeeeeehaaa! (enter music from Deliverance).
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-29-2012, 7:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yeeeeeehaaa! (enter music from Deliverance).
Haha...its now huge in FL...especially w/ the 20-30 yr old crowd. They even have Cornhole leagues at the bars.

Keep ur banjo and squeeling like a pig to urself
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-30-2012, 5:50 AM Reply   
A safe version of Jarts.