Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    goose69            07-03-2003, 8:49 AM Reply   
What is the most important thing in a Wakeboarding movie???
Music?
Riding?
the video editing?
locations?
Riders?
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       07-03-2003, 9:13 AM Reply   
Riders, variety of tricks, locations, shooting angles "helicopters, tube, under kickers, etc" and I really like the rider and director comments, good music is cool too. I will say I am not really into some of the movie scenes "skits" that some films incorporate. They usually receive the fast forward treatment.
Old    goose69            07-03-2003, 11:48 AM Reply   
Would you find a movie with just local talent in your area interesting.. or you just want to watch pros?
Old    west_sider            07-03-2003, 11:58 AM Reply   
i wouldnt care who was riding if it had really good editing and had good music, and i would rather have it shot with 16 or 35mm than digital.
the new Casette video looks like it will be a good one
Old    husband's name Day            07-03-2003, 12:29 PM Reply   
I'm with west sider... who cares who is riding as long as it is full of sweet riding and good music.
Locals would help promote the sport, remind beginners like myself that you don't have to be pro to go big and enjoy the sport.
Old    funky            07-03-2003, 12:56 PM Reply   
Something other than hs jumps over and over again.
Old    petergunz            07-03-2003, 1:59 PM Reply   
ever since i saw all or nothing i have been looking for high production values that set the video away from the rest.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-03-2003, 6:23 PM Reply   
things i look for in wakeboard videos:
1. camera angles
2. editing
3. unique sections, or just something you don't see everyday (ie. uhaul section in F4A, beach riding in All or Nothing).
4. different riders in different locations, or the same riders videoed in such a way that it puts a different perspective on their riding.

I've become used to dealing with different styles of music that I don't otherwise want to listen to because if the editing is good, the music will work with the riding and make things more interesting. Basically what I'm saying is I don't care what kind of music it is as long as the editing is good.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-04-2003, 12:52 AM Reply   
I wasn't impressed with the editing of the new Cassette video Sfumato. The riding is incredible but I think Thomas and company are finding that editing a video is a lot harder than shooting a video. It's not bad, just not as good as the best videos out there.
Old    west_sider            07-04-2003, 11:55 AM Reply   
i jsut watched the trailer for sfumato, http://www.cassettewakeskates.com/sfumato.htm, and I could tell what Thomas was trying to do, but i do not know if he has the skill to do it yet. Im sure that he could afford a 16mm camera, but he barely ever uses 16mm film in his videos. Parts of the trailer were good, parts were bad, Some people like different kinds of editing then others. Since i make films, i notice alot more things than other people do, and thats just because Im editing, and like them I know sometimes, its hard to please the audience. Cassette seems to be thinking different than most film companies when they make their movies, but i like that.

(Message edited by west_sider on July 04, 2003)
Old    goose69            07-07-2003, 8:40 AM Reply   
Evie..
How do you like the Sony dcr-vx2000? Love to hear what you think!
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-07-2003, 4:35 PM Reply   
Evie Junior do you have any of your videos online (ie wakepics, personal webpage, etc). have you used film in them?