Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (eric_z)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-29-2009, 9:41 PM Reply   
Has anyone been on a Triple x wakesurf board? They are cheap and I was thinking of getting one. I also have been looking at the O'brien alias any thoughts....
Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-29-2009, 10:30 PM Reply   
I just bought the Triple X Slasher 5'0" with the 3" fins. I used to ride the 5'6" Hyperlite Broadcast. I am 6'1" 245lbs and would consider myself an intermediate rider. After demo'ing 6-7 different boards, I liked the Triple X Slasher the best. It seems to have good potential for airs but also spins. For me the Slasher fit my needs (and wake) best. Other boards that I demo'd before deciding on the Triple X-

1. Phase 5 oogle (I am more of a surfer than skimmer)
2. IS sweet spot- Very fast but I did not like this board on the steep Epic Goofey wake
3. Ronix Koal- This board dents WAY too easy, don't waste your time.
4. IS Yellow loogey- I like the yellow and green loogey, but the slasher seemed to hold me a little better.
5. Hyperlite Coex- I liked this board but wanted a little bigger board, but my wife loved it the coex, so we bought it for her.
6. IS skim board- Black Pearl? I think is the name of it??? Again, i'm not agile and fleet-footed enough to be a skimmer.

Unfortunately, none of the dealers in Boise had a Shred Stixx Stixxtreme board that I could demo, but I really would have liked to try one out. Only way I could get one was if I purchased it sight unseen/unridden and I was not willing to take that chance on a $550+ board.

I bought my board from Triple X team rider Nick Scott, he's on this board regularly hit him up if you have more ?'s, his profile name is Nikki Sixxx

Hope that helps.
Old     (eric_z)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-30-2009, 6:53 AM Reply   
Thanks a bunch...
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-30-2009, 8:10 AM Reply   
I have an Obrien Alias 5-0 virtually new. Would consider selling if your interested. Great skim style baord. PM me.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-30-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
that's sick that your local shop had that many boards available for demo. We need more of that
Old     (eric_z)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-30-2009, 2:33 PM Reply   
Hey Rob I pm'd you give me a call and maybe we can work something out. If I dont answer leave me a message and I'll call you back. What would you want for it?
Old     (eric_z)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-30-2009, 2:46 PM Reply   
Rob I pm'd you give me a call if I don't answer leave a message I'll call you back. Lets work something out.
Old     (eric_z)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-30-2009, 2:47 PM Reply   
oops I didn't think it worked the first time.