Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (tazbike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-18-2006, 10:17 PM Reply   
So here is the situation, I purchased a boat over 2000 miles from where I live. I bought it used through a dealer by picture only. I felt that the dealer worked with me and got a good enough deal to afford to transfer the boat. I set up to have a transport company get the boat and drive it 2000 miles. I told the salesman the date that the person would be there to get the boat. The dealer was going to install a heater for me (which was part of the deal), wrap it to protect the boat during transport and had almost two weeks to get these things done. I called the week before and reminded him that the transporter would be there the next week. For information: The salesman was sick on and off during this time. When the person came to get the boat, the saleman wasn't there, they couldn't find the paperwork on the boat, it wasn't prepared, no heater installed, and it took them 6 hours before he could take it. They didn't install the heater and just sent it with the driver. Since they didn't wrap it themselved, another salesman took it to be wrapped professionally so it could be taken. The transport company charged me for an additional day since it took them almost a day to get the boat.

In the end, I taled to the saleman about getting money back for not installing the heater. He said that the professional wrap wasn't part of the deal and that took the money for the professional wrap. Therefore I'm now out a day's transport and an install ~$600.

I see it differently, I told the saleman that the extra day cost was something I'd cover since it wasn't something he had control over and the professional wrap was something he was in control of so both of those would be a wash. However, the heater install was something that was part of the deal and he also had time to install and it was his responsibility.

Now I've asked him to pay for the install at my local dealer and for the warranty papers, original bill of sale, and haven't seen a thing!

Its been a couple of weeks and I'm worried about the warranty papers and he won't talk to me any more? So am I being unreasonable? Any advice?