Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-03-2010, 5:31 AM Reply   
I just had a question regarding Dual batteries and using a selector switch. I looked in the search but couldnt find anything related to exactly what is happening with mine.
I have a battery selector switch that is OFF, 1, 2, 1+2 .
I have the main battery which is a Deka Marine series battery. The engine, electronics, and amps are connected to this one. My secondary battery is a just incase battery and its an Oreilly Marine Master series. I wanted to have this one to crank the boat if we sit for a long time and run down battery one.
The switch came with the boat and battery 1 was already wired. I installed battery 2 and ran it this way. I unbolted the switch, connected the "2" post to the positive of battery 2. I took the negative on battery 2 and connected it into battery 1. From what I have read this is acceptable and it should work the proper way. Here is the weird thing. Nothing is on battery 2. I was playing the radio and testing everything on battery 1. I switched to battery 2 and everything kept playing and the LEDs were still on. I was under the impression everything would turn off since nothing was connected.
If it's wired correctly I am ok with it being this way, I just want to make sure I have the second battery as a cranking battery and that we arent pulling power off it too.
I was just thinking this didnt sound right and didnt really make sense that everything still ran even in just "2" selection.
Thanks for your help in advance.